• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
@Taylor F woah woah it's for corporate clash?

i haven't even played corporate clash after their frankly ****ing abysmal opening, is the game even good now?

D

Deleted member

@Taylor F woah woah it's for corporate clash?

i haven't even played corporate clash after their frankly ****ing abysmal opening, is the game even good now?
Yes, I do indeed voice for Corporate Clash! I haven’t played the game myslef, (yet,) but from what I’ve heard they’re going to release a patch fixing issues people have been bringing up. Not sure when that is, though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes, I do indeed voice for Corporate Clash! I haven’t played the game myslef, (yet,) but from what I’ve heard they’re going to release a patch fixing issues people have been bringing up. Not sure when that is, though.
So basically after years of tinkering with the TT system they completely revamped the Gag system and made it more like an RPG thing, but it's a lot more customizable. The only issues were really ****ty loading times and lag after how bad the opening was. No one could even access the game for like two months, and even then no one had any interest in it anymore.

It's been a solid year or two since they launched.

I can't speak from experience, but I heard it's good.
For content it's one of the best fan-made MMOs ever created, but its execution was the issue.

They actually gave it lore, which is basically just saying they made their headcanon canon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So basically after years of tinkering with the TT system they completely revamped the Gag system and made it more like an RPG thing, but it's a lot more customizable. The only issues were really ****ty loading times and lag after how bad the opening was. No one could even access the game for like two months, and even then no one had any interest in it anymore.

For content it's one of the best fan-made MMOs ever created, but its execution was the issue.

They actually gave it lore, which is basically just saying they made their headcanon canon.
Hmmm... I know (and will not know, most likely,) nothing about the game’s development but I have heard that issue specifically is fixed. Let it be known I’m not saying it’s flawless. I think I’ll enjoy it, tho

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think I’ll enjoy it, tho
I would've enjoyed it too but me and the boys lost interest after they didn't do anything for such a long time. I would enjoy it now but I'm in college so now I have zero excuses to binge through an MMO again. :nifty: I was gonna speedrun it with some dudes once, not even lying. Speedrunning MMOs is the biggest meme you can get.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jeese. Toontown is back and so is FusionFall.
It's not back, it's only revived through fan-made servers. TT: Corporate Clash is really the only one that made it's own custom identity outside of it through how much they changed the original formula.

I mean it's free, so it's not like Disney or Cartoon Network really cares at all. However, one TT mod actually tried to get itself on Steam and put literally every other fan revival on the biggest risk of getting Thanos snapped but y'know, that was like 3 years ago.

D

Deleted member

I would've enjoyed it too but me and the boys lost interest after they didn't do anything for such a long time. I would enjoy it now but I'm in college so now I have zero excuses to binge through an MMO again. :nifty: I was gonna speedrun it with some dudes once, not even lying. Speedrunning MMOs is the biggest meme you can get.
Yeahhh, I feel ya. Sounds like it had some release issues. That’s a shame, really, but I guess it happens. I’ll be playingnit myself. Hopefully it’s fun!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Winners round 1: 2-0; Stocks taken: :ultgnw::ultgnw::ultgnw:, :ultgnw::ultgnw::ultgnw:
Winners round 2: 0-2; Stocks taken: n/a, :ultwiifittrainerm:

WR1 Game 1: :ultmario:
WR1 Game 2: :ultmario:

WR2 Game 1: :ultmario:
WR2 Game 2: :ultfox:

I get a bye into Losers round 2 at least. We have 43 people in bracket tonight in total.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Neither is the FusionFall revival. It’s as close to back as either game will ever be.
The original one yeah, but the new one they tried got DMCA'd. I honestly don't know if you can read these posts by now because I've said this three times and I'm a phantom that doesn't exist, I guess. :drsad: Man it sucks to know too much about MMOs.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The Pokémon talk reminds me, I still haven’t finished narrowing down my old Pokémon Smash roster to 8 Pokémon per gen. Can I get a little assistance with this? Bolded are the ones I wanna keep.
Gen I:
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Mewtwo
Gen II:
Feraligatr, Typhosion, Scizor, Heracross, Granbull, Azumarill, Tyranitar, Entei
Gen III:
Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Metagross, Aggron, Absol, Deoxys
Gen IV:
Empoleon, Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Lopunny, Roserade, Darkrai
Gen V:
Oshawott, Zoroark, Darmanitan, Golurk, Hydreigon, Meloetta, Genesect, Haxorus
Gen VI:
Greninja, Braixen, Hawlucha, Noivern, Pangoro, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Goodra
Gen VII:
Incineroar, Decidueye, Lycanroc, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Zeraora, Tapu Koko, Poipole
Gen VIII: Corviknight

Extended:
Pikachu and Eevee
I went on and gave my ideas for each of the regions.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeahhh, I feel ya. Sounds like it had some release issues. That’s a shame, really, but I guess it happens. I’ll be playingnit myself. Hopefully it’s fun!
Well I do know a bit about it through playing Project Altis, which was made by a similar team of devs but it broke down pretty quickly because it actually was the one that tried to get on Steam. Heard the guy who ran the project (not the same as the devs) was a bit of a looney, so eh.

It plays a little similarly in gameplay, which is a big part about it. They changed almost everything they could, even maps. It's almost like its own brand new game, there isn't even any Disney content in there anymore. It's just cereal mascots fighting businessmen robot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I do know a bit about it through playing Project Altis, which was made by a similar team of devs but it broke down pretty quickly because it actually was the one that tried to get on Steam. Heard the guy who ran the project (not the same as the devs) was a bit of a looney, so eh.

It plays a little similarly in gameplay, which is a big part about it. They changed almost everything they could, even maps. It's almost like its own brand new game, there isn't even any Disney content in there anymore. It's just cereal mascots fighting businessmen robot.
Yeah, I honestly get the impression Corperate Clash is supposed to feel more like “Toon Town 2.” I think it tries it’s own things vs. Rewritten, which strictly stays true to the original.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think it tries it’s own things vs. Rewritten, which strictly stays true to the original.
i mean half of the reason behind its creation is that the rewritten staff said they were gonna make new content and then 4 years later whoops no new content to be found meanwhile corporate clash only takes one year to make with all this new content

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I actually put them in your quoted post.
Gotcha I see it now,

I think it can agree with most of this, the only ones I’m not 100% sure on is Poipole and maybe Zeraora now that I think about it. Tyranitrum might be an issue too. I might have Pheramosa and Bewear instead.

Thank you for the feedback! I think I’m starting to figure this out more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i mean half of the reason behind its creation is that the rewritten staff said they were gonna make new content and then 4 years later whoops no new content to be found meanwhile corporate clash only takes one year to make with all this new content
Yeah, they’re definitely meant to be different things, but it sounds like they’re both good at what they do.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This was shared in the B-K thread:

https://twitter.com/PAMVLLO/status/...hread-project-dream-come-true.446558/page-730

Someone lowered the volume of/nearly removed the music from the B-K trailer, so we can hear the sound effects during the gameplay footage. During the scene that shows Banjo and Kazooie facing the bridge and Grunty's Lair on their own, you can hear a sound that sounds similar to a boss intro sound.

Noipoi

Howdy!

https://twitter.com/PAMVLLO/status/1143526202705141760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1143526202705141760&ref_url=https://smashboards.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-social-thread-project-dream-come-true.446558/page-730

Someone lowered the volume of/nearly removed the music from the B-K trailer, so we can hear the sound effects during the gameplay footage. During the scene that shows Banjo and Kazooie facing the bridge and Grunty's Lair on their own, you can hear a sound that sounds similar to a boss intro sound.
Boss rush mode
Boss rush mode
New Gruntilda boss for the boss rush mode

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Won my losers round 2 set; 2-1. Was against a Ganondorf main. Went Mario in game 3 and that saved my hyde. Fox dies too fast.

Onto Losers round 3 against seed number 6...and here I am, a seed 28. LOL. Best tournament I've ever had.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Boss rush mode
Boss rush mode
New Gruntilda boss for the boss rush mode
I mean... it's not the most insane theory I have heard. I mean, the camera angle matches that of a boss start up.

https://twitter.com/PAMVLLO/status/1143526202705141760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1143526202705141760&ref_url=https://smashboards.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-social-thread-project-dream-come-true.446558/page-730

Seems like our boy Chris is back as Banjo.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So, are we thinking Home Run Contest with Hero and Boss Rush with Banjo?

If this is what the Ender Dragon leak was leading to, would Boss Rush only add 2 Microsoft bosses or would there be more?

If these 2 modes are a reality, will every character drop with a mode? What would the last 2 be?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, are we thinking Home Run Contest with Hero and Boss Rush with Banjo?

If this is what the Ender Dragon leak was leading to, would Boss Rush only add 2 Microsoft bosses or would there be more?

If these 2 modes are a reality, will every character drop with a mode? What would the last 2 be?
Aggressively chants 2P WoL

It’s probably gonna only be Pass characters that come with modes tho, I’d think.

still say Hero’s gonna come with SOMETHING tangentially WoL-related. Probably just the ability to apply the possession/fake fighter effects to anyone you want outside the mode, even to Kirby and the DLC peeps

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't want Ender Dragon just because I want Vergeben to be wrong for once.

But it's probably coming.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd love an Ender Dragon boss as well, but didn't Vergeben say his source got confused because of Rathalos being called "End Dragon" in the files/code? I'm not sure. I know this was supposedly gonna be a base-game boss, though, at least at first...

Though Vergeben also said his source, maybe his main source (idk), was not the same as this one or actually heard Minecraft content was coming (plus he's been saying this since May or June last year, and Banjo-Kazooie was supposedly negotiated for in April last year). At this point I'm just expecting Mii costumes, however, as much as I want Steve.

And back to the boss intro sound that seems to play when B-K face Grunty's Lair, it may be most-similar to the sound that plays during Marx's intro.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm down for a boss rush mode. Seems like Gruntilda and the Ender Dragon are our best contenders for bosses to be included. Who else do you all think could be included? Yaldabaoth could be pretty cool.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

If we get any new bosses, I'd be extremely excited.

Does this mean we get a remix of The Final Battle? Please Sakurai...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm down for a boss rush mode. Seems like Gruntilda and the Ender Dragon are our best contenders for bosses to be included. Who else do you all think could be included? Yaldabaoth could be pretty cool.
Safer Sephiroth pls. Also Deathborn, Telethia the Endbringer, and Eggman in one of his robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom