• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think any of us really know how to use this "Lucario equivalent" term correctly.

All that I know is that Game Freak obviously tried to repeat their success with Zoroark but failed. They might've had better luck if the darn thing wasn't so hard to capture. It's no wonder why Smash groups it together with the Legendaries and Mythicals in the list of Master Ball Pokemon.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They might've had better luck if the darn thing wasn't so hard to capture.
you couldnt capture it at all unless you had a gen 2 legendary

the weirdest requirement ever but i guess HGSS was still doing things in 2010 so they had to shill it

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Ya know, I had an idea. I’ve seen a few other people do this, but I wanted to give each Smash fighter a Pokémon type. Here we go.
:ultmario: - Normal
:ultdk: - Normal/Fighting
:ultlink: - Steel
:ultsamus: - Steel/Electric
:ultdarksamus: - Steel/Dark
:ultyoshi: - Normal/Dragon
:ultkirby: - Normal/Fairy
:ultfox: - Normal/Electric
:ultluigi: - Normal
:ultness: - Psychic
:ultfalcon: - Fighting
:ultpeach: - Fairy
:ultdaisy: - Fairy
:ultbowser: - Fire
:ulticeclimbers: - Ice
:ultsheik: - Normal/Fighting
:ultzelda: - Fairy/Psychic
:ultdoc: - Normal/Electric
:ultfalco: - Normal/Electric
:ultmarth: - Steel
:ultlucina: - Steel
:ultyounglink: - Fairy/Steel
:ultganondorf: - Dark/Fighting
:ultroy: - Fire/Steel
:ultchrom: - Steel
:ultgnw: - Normal
:ultmetaknight: - Steel
:ultpit: - Normal/Flying
:ultdarkpit: - Dark/Flying
:ultzss: - Normal/Electric
:ultwario: - Dark/Poison
:ultsnake: - Steel/Fighting
:ultike: - Steel
:ultdiddy: - Normal
:ultlucas:- Psychic
:ultsonic: - Normal
:ultkingdedede: - Normal/Fairy
:ultolimar: - Normal/Grass
:ultrob: - Steel
:ulttoonlink: - Steel
:ultwolf: - Dark/Electric
:ultvillager: - Normal
:ultmegaman: - Steel/Electirc
:ultwiifittrainer: - Normal
:ultrosalina: - Psychic
:ultlittlemac: - Fighting
:ultbrawler: - Normal/Fighting
:ultswordfighter: - Normal/Steel
:ultgunner: - Normal/Electric
:ultpalutena: - Fairy/Psychic
:ultpacman: - Normal
:ultrobin: - Psychic
:ultshulk: - Steel/Psychic
:ultbowserjr: - Fire/Normal
:ultduckhunt: - Normal
:ultryu: - Fighting
:ultken: - Fighting
:ultcloud: - Psychic/Steel
:ultcorrin: - Dragon/Steel
:ultbayonetta: - Dark/Psychic
:ultinkling: - Normal
:ultridley: - Dark/Flying
:ultsimon: - Steel
:ultrichter: - Steel
:ultkrool: - Normal/Fighting
:ultisabelle: - Normal
:ultpiranha: - Grass
:ultjoker: - Dark/Psychic
:ulthero: - Steel/Psychic
:ultbanjokazooie: - Normal/Flying

What do you all think?
Typing the fighters? Overdone. This is what you should've done:
:ultmario:
  • Fireball: Fire
  • Cape: Flying
  • Super Jump Punch: Fighting
  • F.L.U.D.D.: Water
  • Mario Finale: Fire
:ultdk:
  • Giant Punch: Fighting
  • Headbutt: Fighting
  • Spinning Kong: Flying
  • Hand Slap: Ground
  • Jungle Rush: Fighting
:ultlink:
  • Bow and Arrows: Normal
  • Gale Boomerang: Flying
  • Spin Attack: Steel
  • Remote Bomb: Fire
  • Ancient Bow and Arrow: Normal
:ultsamus:
  • Charge Shot: Electric
  • Missile: Fire
  • Screw Attack: Electric
  • Bomb: Fire
  • Zero Laser: Electric
:ultdarksamus:
  • Charge Shot: Dark
  • Missile: Fire
  • Screw Attack: Dark
  • Bomb: Fire
  • Phazon Laser: Dark
:ultyoshi:
  • Egg Lay: Normal
  • Egg Roll: Normal
  • Egg Toss: Normal
  • Yoshi Bomb: Ground
  • Stampede!: Dragon
:ultkirby:
  • Inhale: Normal
  • Hammer Flip: Fire
  • Final Cutter: Steel
  • Stone: Rock
  • Ultra Sword: Steel
:ultfox:
  • Blaster: Electric
  • Fox Flash: Normal
  • Fire Fox: Fire
  • Reflector: Electric
  • Team Star Fox: Steel
:ultluigi:
  • Fireball: Fire
  • Green Missile: Normal
  • Super Jump Punch: Fighting
  • Luigi Cyclone: Flying
  • Poltergust G-00: Steel
:ultness:
  • PK Flash: Psychic
  • PK Fire: Fire
  • PK Thunder: Electric
  • PSI Magnet: Psychic
  • PK Starstorm: Psychic
:ultfalcon:
  • Falcon Punch: Fire
  • Raptor Boost: Fire
  • Falcon Dive: Fire
  • Falcon Kick: Fire
  • Blue Falcon: Steel
Not doing the rest, cause I'm about to eat some chicken.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As I have said in the Newcomer discussion thread, I think expecting any new DLC picks before Banjo-Kazooie is released is wishful thinking.

Considering Hero is going to be out either late a July or August in general (which puts us roughly 3-4 months since Joker), I’m not expecting Banjo until late September, or October. I wouldn’t expect a new character until around that time.

In addition, it’s already known that I disagree with the notion that a first party character is happening for a variety of reasons, but I don’t quite feel like commenting on it currently.

That doesn’t mean I’m against Zacian, or Byleth, or Edelgard, or Byleth, or whoever. I just don’t think it’s going to happen this time.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Those aren't Lucario equivalents. They got a lot of promotion, but not really until the gen started (and they lack movie headliner status). Those would be equivalents to like... Jigglypuff or Gengar or some other normal yet popular/relatively highly promoted Poke. Not that those kinds wouldn't be chosen, Jiggs was, just that they follow a different trajectory.

Magearna would be the Lucario equivalent, had it taken off and GF kept pushing it. Even Zoroark, though not the most popular, had legs through much of its gen, despite what people seem to say. In Gen 6 Sylveon (and Mega Mewtwo Y) were closest, though people didn't consider either Smash material.
I maintain Sylveon would've been great in Smash.

Like right now, the Lucario equivalent of Gen 8 would have a movie, and be getting thoroughly promoted. There isn't really one. The starters and the cover legendaries make up the brunt of the promo. Later other Pokemon might get increased promotion, as Mimikyu and Lycanroc did, but a Lucario-type would be getting it right now.
Eh, Magearna was more akin to Manaphy then Lucario. Its movie was released in the pre-hype period for SM, but as soon as the movie was finished and the games came out it was pretty clear GF only saw it as just another glorified trophy to drop on your lap with little care or lore then anything truly special, particularly since it barely popped up after the movie in other media unlike what happened with Lucario or Zoroark.

Really though, I doubt we'll ever get another situation similar to Lucario's in terms of promotion here. Lucario's situation was special since, as mentioned before, he was introduced around two years before DP thanks to its delay and thanks to his popularity his promotion exploded. Even Zoroark, the closest to its situation, only had less then a year to be pushed, and since its reception was more lukewarm by comparison it couldn't coast off of popularity until its promotion blew up and thus it was gradually phased out for other Pokemon. Unless GF wants to try again and they're allowed a break year between generations I don't think that same flash in the pan is going to happen, it's not something that is easily repeated with the way the games are being pushed out and promoted ever since Gen 6.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As I have said in the Newcomer discussion thread, I think expecting any new DLC picks before Banjo-Kazooie is released is wishful thinking.

Considering Hero is going to be out either late a July or August in general (which puts us roughly 3-4 months since Joker), I’m not expecting Banjo until late September, or October. I wouldn’t expect a new character until around that time.

In addition, it’s already known that I disagree with the notion that a first party character is happening for a variety of reasons, but I don’t quite feel like commenting on it currently.

That doesn’t mean I’m against Zacian, or Byleth, or Edelgard, or Byleth, or whoever. I just don’t think it’s going to happen this time.
My bet is character 4 is in the September direct

It makes too much sense

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I had imagined #4 would be announced in the Fall Direct and #5 announced at the Game Awards. However, the longer it took for Hero to be released, the more I'm doubting it, as I feel this also pushes Banjo & Kazooie back, and I agree, we wouldn't expect to get an announcement of another fighter before the next fighter's released.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I’m so happy! I just got cast as my first payed role, I don’t know how to feel aaaaaa

StormC

Smash Hero
I had imagined #4 would be announced in the Fall Direct and #5 announced at the Game Awards. However, the longer it took for Hero to be released, the more I'm doubting it, as I feel this also pushes Banjo & Kazooie back, and I agree, we wouldn't expect to get an announcement of another fighter before the next fighter's released.
Joker was announced before Piranha Plant was released.

They can easily announce someone in September before Banjo comes out in October-ish.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think any of us really know how to use this "Lucario equivalent" term correctly.

All that I know is that Game Freak obviously tried to repeat their success with Zoroark but failed. They might've had better luck if the darn thing wasn't so hard to capture. It's no wonder why Smash groups it together with the Legendaries and Mythicals in the list of Master Ball Pokemon.
It is funny how they were basically treated like mythical Pokémon, having their own special stuffs and depending on event 'mon in Black/White, but yeah now it's just a normal Pokémon you can find in the grass.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Reading the TVTropes of the Detective Pikachu game has reminded me how many unanswered questions the game ended with. The sequel better not take too long to happen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Found something sick, figured I share it. I hope we see sick stuff like this for EVO.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
AAAAAAAAAAAA THANKS

If anyone’s heard of Toon Town, I got cast for a remastered version of that game. My character will be added soon and I just aGh!

They payed my 30 bucks. Someone wanted my voice for 30 bucks. That is just WILD.
Toon Town? Loved that game when I was younger.

Then Disney dropped it, leaving fans to revive it years later. Don't know how they keep it up, haven't tried it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I AM FREAKING OUT

IVE NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED TO VOICE AN ARMADILLO

tangent over

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Joker was announced before Piranha Plant was released.

They can easily announce someone in September before Banjo comes out in October-ish.
Piranha Plant's not part of the Fighter's Pass and was a freebie to help sell the game--essentially a base game character not in the base. A full-fledged third party character is markedly different.

That being said, I did not expect them to announce two characters at once since one could have overshadowed the other. And we've seen with B&K's page not being available, it's not the most elegant solution. So, while that's possible, and I hope that's true, I don't think it's likely.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I FINALLY WON A TOURNAMENT SET ON THE ONLINE TOURNAMENT CIRCUIT I'M ON!!!

2-0 too. With my boy Mario. Let's go round 2. :ultmario:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
LOL Should have clarified. They do not speak human words. They’re an animal.
that makes it more ambiguous just cause "animal"

is it dog scream
cat scream
microscopic virus phage t4 scream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom