• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
In all seriousness, I really am curious to see if a four-legged giant wolf creature could legitimately be better at Smash than a majority of the swordfighters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My guess is that one of the DLC characters is definitely a Sword/Shield pokemon. For business and promoting their new game.

The other DLC character slot that's open after Banjo and Kazooie...my gut tells me Crash.
I don’t buy it. If we were getting a new Mon, it would be in Banjo’s release window to directly tie in. Plus Namco still needs a second character.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I don’t buy it. If we were getting a new Mon, it would be in Banjo’s release window to directly tie in. Plus Namco still needs a second character.
They could still reveal a Pokemon DLC at Evo along with showing specific dates for Hero and BK.

And, why would Namco have another character?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They could still reveal a Pokemon DLC at Evo along with showing specific dates for Hero and BK.

And, why would Namco have another character?
Every other third party companies have two. Why not Namco?

Even if it was revealed then, it would not release in the appropriate promotional time slot. It’s not happening.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Pokemon doesn't have to be revealed before Sw/Sh are released. We didn't get Greninja until April, which was a solid six months after X/Y released. Then there's Corrin, who was announced almost five months after his game was released in Japan.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In all seriousness, I really am curious to see if a four-legged giant wolf creature could legitimately be better at Smash than a majority of the swordfighters.
Considering the majority of swordsman are quite good this time around, that's actually a pretty scary thought.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Pokemon doesn't have to be revealed before Sw/Sh are released. We didn't get Greninja until April, which was a solid six months after X/Y released. Then there's Corrin, who was announced almost five months after his game was released in Japan.
Look. I have my myriad of reasons why I don’t think it’s happening. I think it’s best for speculation if we just abandon any first party ideas. Sure. I hoped beyond hope and got Banjo so I can’t say anything is impossible. But I just don’t think we’re gonna get first party promo picks.

It makes more sense for the characters to be evergreen characters that will always sell, even without a game to promote, and promote the new releases with spirits that take like, two seconds to make.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It'd be pretty lame if Nintendo chose characters based on what company they came from. Being owned by Namco has nothing to do with movesets or popularity.

Keep the focus on the character, not the company.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Look. I have my myriad of reasons why I don’t think it’s happening. I think it’s best for speculation if we just abandon any first party ideas. Sure. I hoped beyond hope and got Banjo so I can’t say anything is impossible. But I just don’t think we’re gonna get first party promo picks.

It makes more sense for the characters to be evergreen characters that will always sell, even without a game to promote, and promote the new releases with spirits that take like, two seconds to make.
I'm personally not expecting a new Pokemon at all, but in all fairness, pokemon reps are kind of evergreen by default.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if they were choosing companies over characters i would cry myself to sleep knowing that nintendo refuses to acknowledge the existence of koei-tecmo

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If anything Dexit is proof of how much fans love old pokemon gens, and thus the stating power pokemon designs tend to have.
if anything game freak's only old gen they truly care about is 1

the champion's main pokemon isn't even from this generation after all this time, it's just :4charizard:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I miss when the gens had a viable Lucario, I don't like the crapshoot "choosing one starter" system.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I like incineroar and greninja but I wish sakurai would go with pokemon who already had established popularity over flavor of the month mons to promote the latest gen

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Every other third party companies have two. Why not Namco?

Even if it was revealed then, it would not release in the appropriate promotional time slot. It’s not happening.
Because just because certain game companies have a certain number of characters doesn't mean that Namco will as well.

And, I could still definitely see an SS character making it in as long as they give info during Evo, or in early August. Then, the actual release of the SS character would be sometime in mid-November, when SS releases. Of course, it might not happen. They might include an SS character while the game's been out for a couple months. It'd still might promote sales.

Either way, if it doesn't happen, then alright. But, if I were a part of Nintendo staff I'd probably include an SS character for promotional purposes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because just because certain game companies have a certain number of characters doesn't mean that Namco will as well.

And, I could still definitely see an SS character making it in as long as they give info during Evo, or in early August. Then, the actual release of the SS character would be sometime in mid-November, when SS releases. Of course, it might not happen. They might include an SS character while the game's been out for a couple months. It'd still might promote sales.

Either way, if it doesn't happen, then alright. But, if I were a part of Nintendo staff I'd probably include an SS character for promotional purposes.
Honestly, before the Banjo reveal, I would have agreed with you. But the final two slots release windows just don’t support it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know. I was kind of joking. Honestly... I’m not sure how popular Greninja and Incineroar will be down the road.
While I'll agree with you that it's still too early for us to hail Incineroar as an iconic Pokemon, Greninja has most certinally proved it's status already

It topped a 2016 japense poll of best pokemon, was Ash's star Pokemon in the XY arc, had a notable role in Detective Pikachu, being one of the only non gen 1 Pokemon to have this honor (even Lucario was absent from the film), and is pretty much considered the unoffical mascot of Generation 6. And if anything it's Smash inclussion is gonna further cement his icon status way down the road.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m still feeling Capcom and Crash, though I’m probably completely wrong:
wtf bro this isnt fair. everything has to be symmetrical and needs, n e e d s to be an even number of third parties or else we all get mildly annoyed. this is only preventable if we get crash and then another naughty dog character. it's the only way.

so that's why i'm glad to announce that nathan drake has finally made it home babyyyyyy

1564346478639.png

i mean his home is on playstation but you know what i mean

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I'll agree with you that it's still too early for us to hail Incineroar as an iconic Pokemon, Greninja has most certinally proved it's status already

It topped a 2016 japense poll of best pokemon, was Ash's star Pokemon in the XY arc, had a notable role in Detective Pikachu, being one of the only non gen 1 Pokemon to have this honor (even Lucario was absent from the film), and is pretty much considered the unoffical mascot of Generation 6. And if anything his Smash inclussion is gonna further cement his icon status way down the road.
Ok. I concede the Greninja.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think it's too late for Sw/Sh to get a character. At the very least, Luigi's Poltergust and Joker's grappling hook (and a possible Kasumi alt that was scrapped?) tells us that Sakurai is looking into the future to an extent.

While I'll agree with you that it's stil too early for us to hail Incineroar as an iconic Pokemon, Greninja has most certinally proved it's status already

It topped a 2016 japense poll of best pokemon, was Ash's star Pokemon in the XY arc, had a notable role in Detective Pikachu, being one of the only non gen 1 Pokemon to have this honor (even Lucario was absent from the film), and is pretty much considered the unoffical mascot of Generation 6. And if anything his Smash inclussion is gonna cement his icon status way down the road.
Greninja is still up in the air if you ask me. It definitely proved it's worth in Gen 6, but it hasn't done much sense then, aside from returning in Smash and starring in DP.

Starters are always a gamble. Unless you're from Gen 1, you'll struggle to stay relevant when a new batch of starters come along.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As long as people complain about Incineroar's design, then he will never reach Greninja status.

Yes, there are still many out there.

Plus, the popularity of Decidueye isn't helping either.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think it's too late for Sw/Sh to get a character. At the very least, Luigi's Poltergust and Joker's grappling hook (and a possible Kasumi alt that was scrapped?) tells us that Sakurai is looking into the future to an extent.
Adding a brand new character and adding a brand new moveset are two completely different things.

Luigi and Joker themselves have been established long enough, with or without that move. A brand new character hasn't.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think Incineroar needs to stay at Lucario/Charizard/Mewtwo status to stay relevant.

People will still know who is is just from him being a starter. Most people still remember Meganium for instance, even if it never gets talked about.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Honestly, before the Banjo reveal, I would have agreed with you. But the final two slots release windows just don’t support it.
If there's any reveal in early August, then great.

But if Summer reaches the last few weeks and there's still nothing, then I'll start to be doubtful about SS pokemon getting in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As long as people complain about Incineroar's design, then he will never reach Greninja status.

Yes, there are still many out there.

Plus, the popularity of Decidueye isn't helping either.
A whole new starterwar is about to start. As soon as the final gen 8 evos are revealed all hell’s gonna break loose.

Decidueye will be a distant memory.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here ya go.
heh, Paul from Petscop is an enemy at around 1:50

The thumbnail looks like a fan concept I've seen before, but it's been a long time now since I last saw it. Just Mother 3 in Wind Waker's style. I'd rather a remake of the Mother games use the same art style they use in Smash or their official clay models, or the style of the concept art for a Gamecube version of Mother that was shared in the book about Iwata (though they'd need to touch it up some, I think). If the style were to be based on a Zelda game, I'd prefer the new Link's Awakening or something similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom