• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As long as people complain about Incineroar's design, then he will never reach Greninja status.

Yes, there are still many out there.

Plus, the popularity of Decidueye isn't helping either.
Well a bunch of that could be resolved if Incineroar just HAD A BETTER DESIGN. :p:p

A whole new starterwar is about to start. As soon as the final gen 8 evos are revealed all hell’s gonna break loose.

Decidueye will be a distant memory.
Unless they announce another fighter pass, I think it will be subdued when compared to the last one. Think the expectation of a Gen 8 rep is relatively low, and Gen 9 will probably be out by Smash 6.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Adding a brand new character and adding a brand new moveset are two completely different things.

Luigi and Joker themselves have been established long enough, with or without that move. A brand new character hasn't.
Still, you could argue something similar to Greninja could happen. He wasn't finalized until late summer 2012, which was about a year and three months before XY. Based off of when Banjo was decided, a SwSh Pokemon might require roughly a year and a half. Unless you think those three extra months are enough to kill its chances, I think it could happen.

Not saying we're definitely getting one, but I don't think it's fair to just write off SwSh completely either.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A whole new starterwar is about to start. As soon as the final gen 8 evos are revealed all hell’s gonna break loose.

Decidueye will be a distant memory.
Man I hope we see them soon. We didn’t find out who the Gen 7 mons evolved into until a month before it came out. Then again, maybe it would be best they stay hidden for the time being.

StormC

Smash Hero
I miss when the gens had a viable Lucario, I don't like the crapshoot "choosing one starter" system.
Sad Zoroark missed out. Would have probably been my favorite Pokemon addition since Mewtwo.

I'm that weirdo that likes both Greninja and Incineroar though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well a bunch of that could be resolved if Incineroar just HAD A BETTER DESIGN. :p:p

Unless they announce another fighter pass, I think it will be subdued when compared to the last one. Think the expectation of a Gen 8 rep is relatively low, and Gen 9 will probably be out by Smash 6.
Jeese. Smash 6 will probably not be for another decade at least.

Besides. I really want this game to get multiple seasons and longer support. It probably won’t, but I want it soooo bad.

D

Deleted member

You are like a little baby. Watch this:

A 3H rep who uses a sword, and Gen 8's Pikaclone.
Aww I'm like a baby wonder what makes you then? I mentioned Byleth who uses a Sword and if you want to make people angry, make it a starter and even better Scorbunny's final evo just to anger people who wanted a grass starter.
Grookey and Scorbunny are practically guaranteed to evolve into cereal mascots so I would honestly be fine with them. I'm terrible, I know.
Im out of the loop but what is this about cereal mascots or whatever?
I like incineroar and greninja but I wish sakurai would go with pokemon who already had established popularity over flavor of the month mons to promote the latest gen
I'm curious but which Pokemon are you thinking about?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
heh, Paul from Petscop is an enemy at around 1:50

The thumbnail looks like a fan concept I've seen before, but it's been a long time now since I last saw it. Just Mother 3 in Wind Waker's style. I'd rather a remake of the Mother games use the same art style they use in Smash or their official clay models, or the style of the concept art for a Gamecube version of Mother that was shared in the book about Iwata (though they'd need to touch it up some, of course). If the style were to be based on a Zelda game, I'd prefer the new Link's Awakening or something similar.
Yeah. That would probably be way better. I’d probably go with the clay esthetic to. Even if a lot of people are starting to get sick of the whole “made of real things” gimmick.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
ok can i rant about something
STRAIGHT UP **** DISNEY
Literally EVERYTHING that they've premiered in Europe lately is on American/Canadian Disney Channel EXCEPT 101 DALMATIAN STREET
101 DALMATIAN STREET IS GOING TO BE DISNEY+ EXCLUSIVE IN THE AMERICAS
it just makes me wanna pull my hair out
Yeah, but you'd be crazy not to get a subscription to Disney+. It's basically going to be what Netflix wishes it could be.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, but you'd be crazy not to get a subscription to Disney+. It's basically going to be what Netflix wishes it could be.
well yeah, that's because disney owns everything netflix had to get rid of

except i guess the office, but i never liked it

StormC

Smash Hero
Im out of the loop but what is this about cereal mascots or whatever?
tl;dr, people used "cereal mascot" as an attempted insult to Banjo's character design before his confirmation. Banjo fans embraced it and now it's used as a shorthand to describe colorful cartoon characters in Smash, usually of the anthropomorphic animal variety.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, if Microsoft, a competitor, can get a character in Smash, a primarily Nintendo game exclusive to Nintendo consoles, does that mean for Smash 6, we can get a Google Stadia rep?

Hm....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sun & Moon had two.
I dunno, maybe if people had taken an early shine to Magearna, like they did Lucario, they would've actually stood a chance. I think that Poke might be one of the biggest duds yet.

Not sure who the second one you're referring to is.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno, maybe if people had taken an early shine to Magearna, like they did Lucario, they would've actually stood a chance. I think that Poke might be one of the biggest duds yet.

I think he’s talkin bout the Lycanrocs

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, if Microsoft, a competitor, can get a character in Smash, a primarily Nintendo game exclusive to Nintendo consoles, does that mean for Smash 6, we can get a Google Stadia rep?

Hm....
mark zuckerburg steals mario's identity and sells it on the black market

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I wasn't referring to Magearna at all. I was referring to Mimikyu and Lycanroc.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think he’s talkin bout the Lycanrocs
never saw it in lycanroc

i doubt they're gonna even remember lycanroc in the next few years while mimikyu is already a mascot of a gym

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
well yeah, that's because disney owns everything netflix had to get rid of

except i guess the office, but i never liked it
The Office and Friends are the 2 big ones in recent memory that are being removed from Netflix. Neither of them is Disney.

One huge plus in favour of Disney+ though is that Disney wouldn't have a weird arbitrary "3 season rule," although maybe I'm just bitter about Santa Clarita Diet.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm curious but which Pokemon are you thinking about?
I didn't really have anything specific in mind but I was thinking of pokemon like Gengar or Gardevoir that have retained popularity throughout the years. I know smash ensures that whatever pokemon that's added will be popular, but personally I'd prefer pokemon that have already proven to have staying power without smash.

StormC

Smash Hero
Infernape is my favorite Pokemon. Maybe someday DP remakes will ensure that heahahahahahahahahaha I can't finish that sentence.

Sad.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
never saw it in lycanroc

i doubt they're gonna even remember lycanroc in the next few years while mimikyu is already a mascot of a gym
Don't underestimate Lycanroc. In addition to having a gimmick that encompasses SuMo's night and day theme, it's been more relevant in the anime than any other Gen 7 Pokemon.

Plus, we have a notable trainer in Pokemon Masters who owns a Rockruff, so it seems like it's staying relevant moving forward, at least for the time being.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Mimikyu is my favorite mon, I can't wait for the S&M remakes in 2065.
Alolan Gen 2 Pokemon confirmed.

Hm....
Bold of you to assume that Google Stadia will still be around when Smash 6 arrives.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Hm....
Assuming Stadia doesn't crash and burn within its first year.

Everything I've seen about Stadia screams "Ouya 2" to me.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wasn't referring to Magearna at all. I was referring to Mimikyu and Lycanroc.
Those aren't Lucario equivalents. They got a lot of promotion, but not really until the gen started (and they lack movie headliner status). Those would be equivalents to like... Jigglypuff or Gengar or some other normal yet popular/relatively highly promoted Poke. Not that those kinds wouldn't be chosen, Jiggs was, just that they follow a different trajectory.

Magearna would be the Lucario equivalent, had it taken off and GF kept pushing it. Even Zoroark, though not the most popular, had legs through much of its gen, despite what people seem to say. In Gen 6 Sylveon (and Mega Mewtwo Y) were closest, though people didn't consider either Smash material.
I maintain Sylveon would've been great in Smash.

Like right now, the Lucario equivalent of Gen 8 would have a movie, and be getting thoroughly promoted. There isn't really one. The starters and the cover legendaries make up the brunt of the promo. Later other Pokemon might get increased promotion, as Mimikyu and Lycanroc did, but a Lucario-type would be getting it right now.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Those aren't Lucario equivalents. They got a lot of promotion, but not really until the gen started (and they lack movie headliner status). Those would be equivalents to like... Jigglypuff or Gengar or some other normal yet popular/relatively highly promoted Poke. Not that those kinds wouldn't be chosen, Jiggs was, just that they follow a different trajectory.

Magearna would be the Lucario equivalent, had it taken off and GF kept pushing it. Even Zoroark, though not the most popular, had legs through much of its gen, despite what people seem to say. In Gen 6 Sylveon (and Mega Mewtwo Y) were closest, though people didn't consider either Smash material.
I maintain Sylveon would've been great in Smash.

Like right now, the Lucario equivalent of Gen 8 would have a movie, and be getting thoroughly promoted. There isn't really one. The starters and the cover legendaries make up the brunt of the promo. Later other Pokemon might get increased promotion, as Mimikyu and Lycanroc did, but a Lucario-type would be getting it right now.
GameFreak used to stretch out their marketing and build up to new gens for years. Lucario was first announced in 2004, I believe, while Diamond And Pearl were released in Japan in 2006. Now they just do it in the span of 9-10 months or so. That's probably why we're getting starters.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The Pokémon talk reminds me, I still haven’t finished narrowing down my old Pokémon Smash roster to 8 Pokémon per gen. Can I get a little assistance with this? Bolded are the ones I wanna keep.
Gen I:
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Snorlax, Mewtwo.
Gen II:
Feraligatr, Typhosion, Scizor, Heracross, Quagsire, Ampharos, Granbull, Azumarill, Tyranitar, Entei.
Gen III:
Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Mawile, Sableye, Metagross, Aggron, Absol, Deoxys.
Gen IV:
Empoleon, Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Croagunk, Electivire, Abomasnow, Roserade, Darkrai.
Gen V:
Oshawott, Zoroark, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Lilligant, Bisharp, Golurk, Hydreigon, Meloetta, Genesect.
Gen VI:
Greninja, Braixen, Chesnaught, Hawlucha, Noivern, Pangoro, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Goodra, Hoopa.
Gen VII:
Incineroar, Decidueye, Lycanroc, Bewear, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Marshadow, Zeraora, Tapu Koko, Pheromosa.
Gen VIII: Corviknight

Extended:
Pikachu and Eevee.

Other fighters I’m considering:
Hitmonlee, Gallade, Lopunny, Rhyperior Mienshao, Poipole, Haxorus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom