• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I really doubt new bosses being added. I'm thinking that Gruntilda will most likely be a stage hazard or something.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, if we don't get a Grunty boss, then she must've been scrapped or something, because I don't know what else this sound could be.

With Sakurai wanting to go all-out, however, I can definitely see them adding Grunty as a boss for more fan-service, and maybe even more bosses.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If they had a boss rush update my guess is the new bosses would be Grunty, Ender Dragon, and Porky. Maaaaybe Tabuu and Master Core?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh $10 says they just deadass throw Galeem and Dharkon into Boss Rush

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
IT'S ALMOST THAT TIME AGAIN FOLKS. What's that? You don't know what I'm talking about? Of COURSE you do!

It's the daily moment of disappointment hype for the Smash mini-Direct which is absolutely foretold to happen tonight! Yes, tonight! It's going to happen! You heard it here first!

But now for the real hype. My 2nd article for Smashboards is almost complete! Just putting together some graphics for it and it should be posted. I'll post it here once it's up!

But for real. REV UP THOSE FRYERS, CAUSE I AM SURE HUNGRY FOR ONE HERO REVEAL!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
OK OK HERE WE GO

This was the strongest tournament showing I've ever had by a longshot, whether traditional or online. I made it to round 3 of Losers bracket.

Final results:
Round eliminated: Loser's Bracket Round 3
Set placing (set record): T-17th/43
Game placing (both set and game record): T-18th/43
Initial Seed: 28th/43

Match specifics:
Winner's Round 1 Game 1: Won as :ultmario: vs. :ultgnw:. 1 stock remained.
Winner's Round 1 Game 2: Won as :ultmario: vs. :ultgnw:. 2 stocks remained.

Winner's Round 2 Game 1: Lost as :ultmario: vs. :ultwiifittrainerm:. No stocks taken.
Winner's Round 2 Game 2: Lost as :ultfox: vs. :ultwiifittrainerm:. 1 stock taken.

~Loser's Bracket~

-Loser's Round 1 Bye-

Loser's Round 2 Game 1: Won as :ultfox: vs. :ultganondorf:. 1 stock remained.
Loser's Round 2 Game 2: Lost as :ultfox: vs. :ultganondorf:. No stocks taken.
Loser's Round 2 Game 3: Won as :ultmario: vs. :ultganondorf:. 1 stock remained.

Loser's Round 3 Game 1: Lost as :ultmario: vs. :ultyounglink:. No stocks taken.
Loser's Round 3 Game 2: Lost as :ultfox: vs. :ultyounglink:. 1 stock taken.

ELIMINATED. T-18th place out of 43.

Game Win-Loss records:
:ultmario:: 3-2
:ultfox:: 1-3
Overall: 4-5

Hardest matchup: :ultyounglink:. Dude was a 6th seed and is always on PR. His YL is very oppressive and annoying to fight. I felt dead afterward.
Easiest matchup: :ultgnw:. "They had us in the first half, not gonna lie." But seriously, while game 2 I was able to pick up on patterns easily, game 1 was much closer. The G&W main put up a good fight.

Overall: Best tournament ever. Aside from this one, I've only had two other tournaments in my history where I made it out of loser's round 1. And one of those two past times was in a side event bracket. But this one...Loser's round 3. I got a bit of a run going there. I feel like I'm on top of the world, even with the last match being really annoying. Taking a break from Smash was helpful...because my mentality has changed for the better, even though my matches still stressed me out every single time.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
IT'S ALMOST THAT TIME AGAIN FOLKS. What's that? You don't know what I'm talking about? Of COURSE you do!

It's the daily moment of disappointment hype for the Smash mini-Direct which is absolutely foretold to happen tonight! Yes, tonight! It's going to happen! You heard it here first!

But now for the real hype. My 2nd article for Smashboards is almost complete! Just putting together some graphics for it and it should be posted. I'll post it here once it's up!

But for real. REV UP THOSE FRYERS, CAUSE I AM SURE HUNGRY FOR ONE HERO REVEAL!
I'm hungry for Geno drama. Because whether or not the costume gets shown, there will be drama.

D

Deleted member

Imagine getting your first payed role then forgetting to tell them how to pay you.
I'm hungry for Geno drama. Because whether or not the costume gets shown, there will be drama.
1564360089476.jpeg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like a boss rush would include:
Dracula
Giga Bowser
Rathalos
Galleom
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Galeem
Dharkon
Ganon
Marx

This alone should be enough for a proper boss rush mode, but if they were to throw in more:
Porky
Raquaza
The stage bosses (Yellow Devil, Metal Face, Dark Emperor (Idk how that one would work)
Duon
Tabuu (doubt it due to story purposes)
Master Core
Petey
Metal Mario

For new, I can see
Grunty
Ender Dragon, assuming Minecraft content is in
Tiki Tong?
Dragonlord from Dragon Quest
Thanos
Andross from SF 64
Kraid (idk)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dracula
Giga Bowser
Rathalos
Galleom
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Galeem
Dharkon
Ganon
Marx

This alone should be enough for a proper boss rush mode, but if they were to throw in more:
Porky
Raquaza
The stage bosses (Yellow Devil, Metal Face, Dark Emperor (Idk how that one would work)
Duon
Master Core
Petey
Metal Mario

For new, I can see
Grunty
Tiki Tong?
Thanos
Andross from SF 64
Kraid (idk)
One of these things is not like the others...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dracula
Giga Bowser
Rathalos
Galleom
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Galeem
Dharkon
Ganon
Marx

Porky
Raquaza
Duon
Master Core
Petey
Metal Mario

For new, I can see
Grunty
Tiki Tong?
Thanos
Andross from SF 64
Kraid (idk)
Totally impossible but Safer Sephiroth would rock.

As would Willy Machine, Eggman, and M. Bison.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Am I doing the art of jojokes right?

(Also Ingrid totally looks like Lillie from Pokemon getting isekai'd to a medieval world)
20190728_204051.png

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I love that this exists:
bless the game grumps for making Ace Attorney bigger

D

Deleted member

Tbh $10 says they just deadass throw Galeem and Dharkon into Boss Rush
Tbh, its a safe bet. I don't know why the idea of more bosses being added became popular now as adding a boss now woule either mean the boss is exclusive to a one or a few DLC characters and/or the potential boss rush mode.

One more boss added seems like a stretch, any more is pretty much fantasy.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Eh. Boss Rush was always a possibility imo. Plus it is kind of weird they’d make a model for Grunty just to appear in the background
I mean, while I'd love for Grunty to be a boss as well, the Castlevania stage did just that with Death, the Werewolf, Carmilla, Frankenstein's monster, the mummies, and Medusa.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, Sunday, truly the best day for companies to make any form of announcement so people can report on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom