• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Presentations are neat, so I hope this one covers all the bases, but even if it's just Sakurai playing one long time match while he munches on doritos and provides no additional commentary... I won't be bothered, because literally it's all gonna be available the next day anyway.

Also it's not 22 minutes, that's misinformation - it's happening in Japan at 22:00, 10PM.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm looking forwards to this more unscripted, personalised approach towards directs

Maybe for the Banjo one Sakurai will come visit us at home

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm looking forwards to this more unscripted, personalised approach towards directs

Maybe for the Banjo one Sakurai will come visit us at home
19 minutes of sakurai strumming a tune on a banjo then at the end he says "banjo is out"

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
That seems like the norm.

I usually wake up before 7.00 even in summer (earlier if my cats want access to my bed).
I will say though, if the evening is particularly hot, I won't be able to go to sleep until 2am or so and due to heat, probably wake up around 6:30 to 7. Mid July this year has been brutal on my sleep schedule.

While it's still the hottest point of the year, things are getting better over time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, NoA translated it wrong.

時 is for hour, not minute. Also, you don't write minutes like 22:00.

I guess it's possible NoJ is providing the hour and NoA the amount of minutes, but a 22 minute presentation at the 22 hour mark seems a bit dubious. Especially since the Japanese one doesn't provide the minute length... which you'd think they would if NoA is.

We'll see, I suppose.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I’m not mistaken, Smash Ultimate is the first time when the Metroid franchise has gotten a crossover with Dragon Quest.

Hopefully Crash also gets in later down the line to complete my pipe dream triforce crossover.

Doh I wouldn’t mind it if that happened in the next Smash game with none of the Metroid and Dragon Quest content from Ultimate cut.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So apparently Kashoot is not a name you can have in Kahoot.

Also the length for the presentation might be wrong? If it's shorter, I won't be too bothered since it's probably for content releasing very soon after.

D

Deleted member

So apparently Kashoot is not a name you can have in Kahoot.

Also the length for the presentation might be wrong? If it's shorter, I won't be too bothered since it's probably for content releasing very soon after.
I just hope that they showcase every DQ song present in the game.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah, NoA translated it wrong.

時 is for hour, not minute. Also, you don't write minutes like 22:00.

I guess it's possible NoJ is providing the hour and NoA the amount of minutes, but a 22 minute presentation at the 22 hour mark seems a bit dubious. Especially since the Japanese one doesn't provide the minute length... which you'd think they would if NoA is.

We'll see, I suppose.
Wait... 10pm JST is 6am PST/9am EST. Even I know that by now (thanks to Granblue for forcing me to learn it)

Did... did NoA actually **** up the translation? Really?

D

Deleted member

Wait... 10pm JST is 6am PST/9am EST. Even I know that by now (thanks to Granblue for forcing me to learn it)

Did... did NoA actually **** up the translation? Really?
I guess NoA can’t always nail the translations.

Tbh, they may likely edit the tweet or repost it with a better translation.

Yeah and all the new FF songs too

Cries in hopes and dreams
We are actually getting DQ spirits unlike Final Fantasy.

More DQ songs seem to thankfully be pretty likely at the moment.

And if I get lucky maybe one of them is the wonderful War Cry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
A little over halfway through Daredevil season 2.

S2 isn't bad. I enjoy the Elektra plot point and how they're mixing that in with giving Matt some backstory. However, I will admit that I like season 1 much more at this point. S1 was more entertaining than S2 is so far.

D

Deleted member

If they make Smash 6, I just hope that none of the Metroid and Dragon Quest content gets cut.

Everything else is free real state for Nintendo in my eyes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I decided: I'm going to bought Three Houses & uplaod my last SMM2 level for a while...maybe.

See ya in school, folks. Even though I don't go to school anymore and I have vacation...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Update on the discord friend:

The job in said foreign, strict nation I mentioned last night is only a temporary job. He's accepting it, but shouldn't be there indefinitely. Will be there in the fall, and it will last 2-8 weeks. This is a lot better than I expected.

D

Deleted member

Update on the discord friend:

The job in said foreign, strict nation I mentioned last night is only a temporary job. He's accepting it, but shouldn't be there indefinitely. Will be there in the fall, and it will last 2-8 weeks. This is a lot better than I expected.
Life does indeed give you awesome surprises from time to time.

I can say this with a lot of confidence.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
sakurai's doing this with no script in order to practice for when he transitions into a full time twitch streamer after the fighter pass is done

D

Deleted member

sakurai's doing this with no script in order to practice for when he transitions into a full time twitch streamer after the fighter pass is done
That would be the first time in my life I would get into Twitch at all.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ya know, the battle music for Shadow Queen Part 2 from Paper Mario TTYD kinda works for the Sans fight in Undertale.

Been experimenting with different boss fight themes by matching them with the Sans fight simulator I found online, and it kinda works well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I did it... I converted my replays to video!

Now bring on the update!
The video still isn’t on Nintendo’s channel.

Seriously. If the big companies aren’t going to use that lame “premiering” feature. Then why even have it? I though they’re the ones who wanted it?

Edit: just realized it’s going up tomorrow and not today. I is mad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If they reveal a Yangus Mii costume tomorrow, I will sing a modified version of the American Dad theme about my hype for Hero the moment I woke up on July 31st.

This is a bet and if that happens I'll post the lyrics at the Hero thread and here.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not really expecting significant balancing patches this time round

IIRC, the version 3.0 update wasn't that significant in terms of buffs/nerfs, which came in a later, smaller update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom