• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hypocrisy in authority! you guys spam more than me!

well actually not really. i spam a lot lol.

lol SNAP my first infraction to date!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
can anybody message me the link to local tournaments in the cali/san diego area?

Thanks

Jem.

Smash Master
Seattle doesn't play in blizzard johns.
Deion Branch not playing johns.
Shaun sucking ballz johns.

I'm still stunned the Colts lost to the Chargers, **** it.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
LT getting injured johns
Rivers getting injured johns
Gates getting injured johns

Oh wait, we still won. Chargers are amazing

FreakN Yosh

Smash Cadet
i say the chargers win if it snows or rains in new england. sd's runnin game is much better than the patriots. patriots wont be able to pass if its bad weather. i always thought that the patriots gettin homefield throughout would end up screwin them over in the end. theyre more like the kurt warner rams. let it rain baby!

Zephyr

Smash Lord
There needs to be epic music during the game tomorrow. I'm talking like, Matrix epic.

Dammit, I'm gonna be doing a solo at church while the first quarter is happening. XD

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i say the chargers win if it snows or rains in new england. sd's runnin game is much better than the patriots. patriots wont be able to pass if its bad weather.
Both of these is incorrect. NE's running game was the best in the NFL when they chose to run; just because they didn't run often doesn't mean they weren't effective. And bad weather almost always helps offense over defense; look at last week with Green Bay.

FreakN Yosh

Smash Cadet
Both of these is incorrect. NE's running game was the best in the NFL when they chose to run; just because they didn't run often doesn't mean they weren't effective. And bad weather almost always helps offense over defense; look at last week with Green Bay.
best in the NFL when they CHOSE to run? i dunno what kinda stats back that up but ill take the chargers runnin backs over the patriots any day and twice on sunday! hehe and in case u didnt notice, last week green bay had 235 rushing yards and only 173 passing yards, and that was with brett frave. luckily for new england it probably wont snow, but hopefully for the chargers theres lots of wind to effect the passing games. all im sayin is, if it came down to the running game, vs each defense, the chargers could win. i see the chargers gettin 1 or 2 interceptions and runnin over 200 yards collectively. if this happens, theyre goin to the big show!

The Game II

Smash Champion
p's got this.

freak, Everyone looks at the passing TDs, but how come many analysts say that it's the running game that teams should fear more? NE can run AND pass, while SD has to rely on the run because they're not totally sold on Rivers. You can point to last week, and I'll say look at San Diego's RAC.

As for SD getting 2 INTS today? Brady had 8 in the regular season.

--GCII

romeo619

Smash Ace
of course your running games gonna be effective when everybodys in a dime worried about the pass, LT consistently commands 8 in the box.

and Wind+snow hurts the passing game, especially the spread offense, but you can run more effectively see ryan grant last week.

game. they haven't relied on the run in the playoffs so far, last week rivers had one huge screen that was the only huge YAC. he had like 14 YPA and against a tony dungy cover 2 defense

FreakN Yosh

Smash Cadet
i thought these were the socal power rankings not the NFL power rankings XD
haha i know right.

im not saying SD will win. but they got a good shot, in my eyes. i look at the game vs the ravens. they ran the ball well, and their defense played the patriots well. i think its safe to say the chargers got better running backs, a better line, and a better defense.

i see the pats bustin a lot of 5 yard passes but i see the chargers bumping the wides a lot. anyways, thats enough about that.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
of course your running games gonna be effective when everybodys in a dime worried about the pass, LT consistently commands 8 in the box.

and Wind+snow hurts the passing game, especially the spread offense, but you can run more effectively see ryan grant last week.

game. they haven't relied on the run in the playoffs so far, last week rivers had one huge screen that was the only huge YAC. he had like 14 YPA and against a tony dungy cover 2 defense
No, only high winds hurt the passing game. Snow helps. Why? Because the defense doesn't have any footing either. You can get slants and short passes all day or risk getting burned deep (which is where a lot of wind would come in).

best in the NFL when they CHOSE to run? i dunno what kinda stats back that up but ill take the chargers runnin backs over the patriots any day and twice on sunday! hehe and in case u didnt notice, last week green bay had 235 rushing yards and only 173 passing yards, and that was with brett frave. luckily for new england it probably wont snow, but hopefully for the chargers theres lots of wind to effect the passing games. all im sayin is, if it came down to the running game, vs each defense, the chargers could win. i see the chargers gettin 1 or 2 interceptions and runnin over 200 yards collectively. if this happens, theyre goin to the big show!
The quality of your running back doesn't necessarily dictate how great your rushing game is. It gives you a head start. Nothing more.

The Patriots have the best offense in the history of the sport. Both running and passing. I suggest you educate yourself: www.footballoutsiders.com.

I mean, the Patriots just smashed on the 2nd-best team in the Jaguars. Any team facing them is a significant underdog, especially at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom