• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knivez

Smash Ace
I feel you Bretta, i was supposed to be 5th and yet again i was deceived. Edrees has eluded me FOR THE LAST TIME.

lol these numbers don't MEAN ANYTHING GUYS.

Look at wolf, he went from 9th to something like 19th. what does that tell you?

emerican

Smash Ace
lucky > DC and emerican > mike y based off tournament results.

lucky's huge improvement not only in singles but his scary teams record.
and my recently booming record > mike y's recent record..

Knivez

Smash Ace
I agree with champ. Everyone else is waaayyy too conceited. Let's focus more on knivez.

Knivez

Smash Ace
wow guys calm down.

YES, gimpyfish sucks, and YES romeo gets **** at the YMCA pool, but just because these things are true doesn't mean that knivez shouldn't be top 5.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Alright here's our resume for crew power rankings ^_^

Deep Socal has had 7 members on this list, and they've all been been on the rankings for nearly two years besides Luigi.
Five of them have reached top 10 status at some point, and two of them are currently top 6.
At one point all five members of deep socal were on the list (Trevyn was in AZ so did not qualify, Luigi not a member yet) , taking up 5 of the top 15 spots.
One deep socal member had a tournament and world famous combo named after him and is a really good mascot/cheerleader.
One deep socal member manages to like men and still be high on the list.
One deep socal member uses pink font and manages to stay up high on the list.
One deep socal member went 50-50 with fabian and should have dressed up as marth for halloween and still has time.
one deep socal member uses link for his spot on the rankings.
Three of the members have hosted a tournament that had at least 100 people. Two additional held tournaments that held 20 or more people.

-At least one deep socal member has won a fantasy football championship

-Four of the 7 deep socal members had girlfriends at some point while they were on the list. In addition one had a girlfriend slightly before he made the list.

Six of the 7 deep socal members had boyfriends while on the list.

And for the #1 reason deep socal should be high...

Deep socal had a crew imitate their name after us. No one else will ever have that. Hah!
-One deep socal members have a stand up comedy call: Edrees and his jokes.

-Four of the 7 deep socal members had girlfriends at some point while they were on the list. In addition one had a girlfriend slightly before he made the list.

That four people better count me in there edrees

fox/marth pro for top 5

Knivez

Smash Ace
Gimpy, you don't suck, its not your fault. Its just that washington sucks, so when you come to socal, the competitive playground that it is, you cant expect to come in with a BOWSER and get ranked.

NOOB.

The way i see is, we all suck.

Guys, think back to SCC when we were watching the pros playing. Remember how ****ty we felt in comparison to them?

I bet you feel like how Champ feels now.

LuCKy

Smash Master
kinves shoudve went down a spot that wouldve been funny

woooooooooooo anyone wanna do a top 10 crew battle??? :)

emerican hmm i thought you woldve been higher but then i didnt think mike Y would go that low....or that luigi or i would move up this much or that dc would have moved up a spot...........ect. this list was crazy it like took the old list and threw it in the trash but anyways im top 10........thats right..

oh yea and i thought jay was soo good he would get ranked in the next list?......good **** same for danny thinking the same.........noobs

and psshh imm buy a 360 and guitar hero just to **** romeo...........and luigi who i am one spot higher than.....thats right

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
5 stars on Through the Fire and Flames.... wtf. I have to see that ****.

Emerican and Aesis should be a bit higher, in my opinion. Aesis especially, he just ***** in general.

And Jay you should not be ranked. If you get ranked before me I'll be as pissed as Brett and I don't even think I should be on it. Just because you think you can beat some people who are ranked doesn't necessarily mean you should make it.

Roundbit is only good 'cuz of the roundtable people (and even then just Lucky and Mango). The 8-bit part just brings them down =P

Oh yeah, gj Mango, Lucky, Luigi, Gimpy, and DEHF. Oscar step it up!

EDIT: Emerican, if you get more people to call out your name in this thread then you'll have a better chance of getting moved up. It worked when you first got on it, didn't it? =P

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
And for the #1 reason deep socal should be high...

Deep socal had a crew imitate their name after us. No one else will ever have that. Hah!
And the reason why that's the NUMBER ONE reason is because Deep Norcal is so fvcking amazing as to transcend the original in every way imaginable. BTZO, who beat Mango at OC3, likes 12 year old boys so I can see why you guys are so proud of us.

Play me in Meteos
I'll play you next time we go to the same tourney. I don't know what kind of rules people use in versus mode though.

Which reminds me.

When the hell is Socal going to come to Norcal again? I swear you guys owe us like 3 by now. You won't have to beg for housing and/or deal with ******** traffic in Norcal.

Knivez

Smash Ace
Man i told edrees and hugo to make me 12th.

Edrees was obviously cool with it, but hugo had a heart attack.

"BUT KNIVES(Z), that might not be accurate, and we are all about accuracy, which is why champ is still on the list".

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
wowowow...

no female power rankings....

edrees.... giving me false hope and everything....(tear)

(oh yeah and btw joe, if you want to get on about people owing people money you owe me 5 bucks... remember how we bet whether the MLG passes for E for all meant you had to be first 400 at the door, and i said no and you bet me 5 bucks you did.... **** - and there were witnesses, no johns)

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Wow Brett, I seriously don't know what to say to your bullsh*t.

I only had nice things to say about you and your other friends, but if you are gonna try and call me out with your ONE win against me, then lemme tell everyone what went on.

FIRST OFF, I lost to Kira that tournament, so OBVIOUSLY i wasn't playing well. (not to put him down, he's good), but speaks a lot about that day.

SECOND, THE WHOLE F*CKING match against you, I was messing around with Romeo and Danny, and it was STILL 3rd game.

And I heard from Champ that you were SOOOOOOOO happy to BARELY beat me. If beating me was so important to you, I would've just forfeited to you to begin with. Make your dreams come true.

You know, I never bring up wins from 6 months ago to justify my position. And apparently, you arent joking the way I did with Knivez or with Mango, especially if say so in THREE different posts.

Booming record? Who have you beaten? Nobody? OH, just me. Ok ok. Yea you should be top 10.

Maybe you should calm the F*CK down and try doing better instead of trying to put me down. That's gotta be the worst show of sportsmanship i have seen in a long time.

araknophobik

Smash Master
yeh i had some pretty deadly *** pools myself and i also lost to forward and chu after beating frotaz, trevyn, and hydro kirby... i looked luigi.
i barely lost to hyrdro kirby in pools...so if i can beat them they must not be that impressive
but thats besides the point, what i was getting at is
frotaz/trevyn/hydro kirby do not compare to vince/plarink/alan

and if anything, luigi should credit me for his #11 placeing. If i hadn't of carried him, he would still be 24 not having a doubles record to back up his singles.

p.s. kira, i honestly feel jay should be next on the list. I would say jay, followed by you, then JTB, and then maybsies me =[

emerican

Smash Ace
I only had nice things to say about you and your other friends, but if you are gonna try and call me out with your ONE win against me, then lemme tell everyone what went on.
FIRST OFF, I lost to Kira that tournament, so OBVIOUSLY i wasn't playing well. (not to put him down, he's good), but speaks a lot about that day.
SECOND, THE WHOLE F*CKING match against you, I was messing around with Romeo and Danny, and it was STILL 3rd game.
And I heard from Champ that you were SOOOOOOOO happy to BARELY beat me. If beating me was so important to you, I would've just forfeited to you to begin with. Make your dreams come true.
You know, I never bring up wins from 6 months ago to justify my position. And apparently, you arent joking the way I did with Knivez or with Mango, especially if say so in THREE different posts.
Booming record? Who have you beaten? Nobody? OH, just me. Ok ok. Yea you should be top 10.
Maybe you should calm the F*CK down and try doing better instead of trying to put me down. That's gotta be the worst show of sportsmanship i have seen in a long time.

"Maybe you should calm the F*CK down"

i think i should be ranked higher than you NOT because i beat you in one set (whoopty doo) but because the past 3 tourneys i went to, off hand that i can remember without looking up tia again... oc-3: making it out of a really hard pool spliting with king... getting 7th place in teams at one of the biggest WC melee tourneys... chapman university ****** teams once again with pbody.. and then scc placing 17th (highest palmdale player) losing to the same people luigi did but luigi got all the attention

EDIT: Emerican, if you get more people to call out your name in this thread then you'll have a better chance of getting moved up. It worked when you first got on it, didn't it? =P
LAWL see... its all about hype.

mike i think you're a good player... its nothing personal."

edit:
i barely lost to hyrdro kirby in pools...so if i can beat them they must not be that impressive
but thats besides the point, what i was getting at is
frotaz/trevyn/hydro kirby do not compare to vince/plarink/alan
=[
yeh i 2-0'd hydro in bracket.. but yeh i agree luigi did REALLY good and i think he belongs up there.. my main problem with it was.... it was 13 spot jump, lol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Danny and Pbody deserve a spot before me.

Edit - (responding to fabians post)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOW Danny does not derserve a spot b4 u..
U play puff =)
And almost beat forward

And getting cocky after going 0-2
U were more cocky then me..
AND I WON THE TOURNAMENT
**** puff players and their cockiness

Edit- I agree with silent brett
Luigi did good and all but at on tourney? and 13 spots?
I always did good like 10 tourneys in a row and i was like only allowed to move like 8 spots every time.. I believe some one said that we cant have people jumping all crazy all over the place or else or ranking would be crazy... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Knivez

Smash Ace
"Maybe you should calm the F*CK down"

i think i should be ranked higher than you NOT because i beat you in one set (whoopty doo) but because the past 3 tourneys i went to, off hand that i can remember without looking up tia again... oc-3: making it out of a really hard pool spliting with king... getting 7th place in teams at one of the biggest WC melee tourneys... chapman university ****** teams once again with pbody.. and then scc placing 17th (highest palmdale player) losing to the same people luigi did but luigi got all the attention
MAN someone has to go to work AGAIN.

VONS FTL~

While you're there, get everyone here tampons because we're all on our periods.

f*cking emo-sies kids.

nublet06

Smash Lord

aigh lemme try to cool some stuff off here.

mike he wasnt really saying anything bad about you. he was just saying he thinks he should be ranked higher than you. which is obviously not the stuff people should be saying in this thread because its useless.

i was suprised you got this mad anyway mike. i rarely even see you try at tournaments anymore. you are really good and its not like your losing to unexpected poeple, but like a lot of other poeple (including me) you never get those stand out amazing tournaments anymore. you know, where you beat 3 really good people all in one day or something. so its really easy for people to just throw you in to that category of "oh im probly better than him so i should be ranked higher". but i think its becaus eyou are not putting in 100% to this game. trust me i get that **** all the time.

i hear some random person saying how im over rated or something and it kind of bothers me. but then i say to myself. if im not putting 100% in to my matches (like you say how you like to mess aorund and you were messing around against brett) then why am i being bothered by someone questioning my skill? maybe you should think about that a little. and no hard feelings. palmdale + deep socal 4 eva i dont like seeing peopel argue if im not involved.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Im not emo..

Im ranked above hugo
YAY! and u can times my numeber by 5. and its equal to joeys.. ahhaah

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
*****, it divides the tortilla into 6 sections AND seals the edges so no cheese leaks out.

Too good

Knivez

Smash Ace
*****, it divides the tortilla into 6 sections AND seals the edges so no cheese leaks out.

Too good

No wonder your roomate hates you.

It doesn't get any more WHITE than that.

Next time we're over, you're gonna have a mexican slave-worker as your new 'upgraded' quesadilla maker.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Mike you *****. And you asked me to team?

Pbody should be ranked before me (I mean, he was actually ranked once) and I dunno how Blitz's tourney results have gone but he's probably better than me, although I haven't played him in tourney in forever. I dunno, what has jay done recently? I'm not exactly sure how he's done but I don't think he's done much recently.

Oh yeah, by Oscar I meant Pbody.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Thanks for clearing that up Chet and Brett

Although, I wouldn't have taken it so personally had you explained your reasoning to be ranked higher like you did just now, instead of simply saying "Emerican > Mike Y"

And Chet's right. If i don't try as hard in tourneys, then I really shouldn't be upset when people say they are better than me.

Good times. F*ck this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom