• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Kira-

Smash Champion
joey i agree with you silence sucks compared to what jeff could actually do

I liked Scar's combo video's they were entertaining and had some crazy ****

but im pretty sure Get at the Kids and Mango+Alex+Lucky=RAPEx2 were a lot better than all of those, music ***** in both and the combos were ridiculously amazing. Honestly I'd rather watch someone do some ridiculous combo that no one's ever seen before than more Falcon upair > upair > upair > knee combos. And Jeff is amazing in person but his combo video is just gonna be grab > 17 correct tech chases in a row > dropzone over and over again

yo i just found a song on youtube called in-n-out (animal style fries) or something like that lol dude didnt sing about in n out or fries for ****

. . . so disappointing lol
.... lol i dont know why this was funny but i twas

joeplicate

Smash Master
lol i thought "get at the kids" was mad mediocre

maybe it's because i was expecting "young players" that were also young to the smash community. i thought it was gay that, you know, 1/3 of the nation's top smashers happen to be 18 or under.

i wouldn't really call mango, armada, or hbox a "kid"

mango/lucky/alex *****, though
that vid's amazing

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I hate "Get at the Kids" only because Stab advertises it in incredibly obnoxious ways. The video itself is probably okay, although I don't plan on watching it anytime soon.

Lovage

Smash Hero
have you ever seen dave post on youtube? he's such an a$$hole, i couldn't believe it was him. i won't reveal his name so he can CHANGE HIS WAYS

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
have you ever seen dave post on youtube? he's such an a$$hole, i couldn't believe it was him. i won't reveal his name so he can CHANGE HIS WAYS
dude i remember hating this guy _______ on youtube and arguing with him on numorous videos
then i find out 2yrs later it was dave's youtube account lmao

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i remember hating that youtuber so much and thinking it was just some *******

then one day at cameron's house, i saw someone logged on as that person, and there were bricks in my pants

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol i thought "get at the kids" was mad mediocre

maybe it's because i was expecting "young players" that were also young to the smash community. i thought it was gay that, you know, 1/3 of the nation's top smashers happen to be 18 or under.

i wouldn't really call mango, armada, or hbox a "kid"

mango/lucky/alex *****, though
that vid's amazing
So it wasn't good because the way Stab defined "Kids" was different than what you thought it was? I kinda thought the combos themselves (and possibly the editing) was the most important factor for COMBO videos. And like a 3rd of the combos are beyond amazing. That Falcon on Marth combo where the color is all blue was ridiculous lol

edit - and sfats combo on connor, and that european sheik, and some marth that did a suicide gimp on a fox on battlefield, and connor's 2v1 comeback vs mango and cameron, and some falcon catching a fox's airdodge on FD, and the falco ditto at the end where he hits him with up B, dude you can't tell me that those combos weren't sick

HAHA I think alot of people know who it is now, and I have changed my ways since then. I guess I used to like trolling just as much as anyone else

why does it seem to me that no one ever agrees with dave lol
I have weird opinions lol

joeplicate

Smash Master
well of course it was a good combo video, but i remember it being billed as "get at the kids, feat. connor, sfat, L, pewpewu, ..." and other up-and-coming players

i was pretty disappointed to find a lot that i'd already seen in tournament matches full of well-established players, who happened to be young, when i was expecting (reasonably so, imo) fresh clips of people who we can expect to **** in like a year and a half

I'LL GIVE IT A SECOND CHANCE THO

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
well of course it was a good combo video, but i remember it being billed as "get at the kids, feat. connor, sfat, L, pewpewu, ..." and other up-and-coming players

i was pretty disappointed to find a lot that i'd already seen in tournament matches full of well-established players, who happened to be young, when i was expecting (reasonably so, imo) fresh clips of people who we can expect to **** in like a year and a half

I'LL GIVE IT A SECOND CHANCE THO
I literally made a thread in every regional board and asked anyone who knew their region well about good "kid" players. What you see in that video in probably ~97% of the players I was told about.

A big problem was that the lesser known players had absolutely no footage to work with.

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
and chaco's lipstick!
i got the panties the first time around

u'd think she'd keep them under her bed or something... keeeps them in some random spot where spiders/rats/mice probably infest them

how do robots wear underwear anyway?

anyway... the lipstick i dont even remember how I got... i looked in my inventory and they were there

lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i got the panties the first time around

u'd think she'd keep them under her bed or something... keeeps them in some random spot where spiders/rats/mice probably infest them

how do robots wear underwear anyway?

anyway... the lipstick i dont even remember how I got... i looked in my inventory and they were there

lol
you sleep in chaco's bed and you wake up with it (implying she kissed you while you were asleep I guess), chaco's house is the one in the middle of grasstown where you have to pass through the fireplace

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i'm close to 100%

obvious leave outs are the snake and machine gun
i still count it as 100%

not complete though

there's this one part in sacred ground where you gotta be patient as ****
but getting technical with the jetpack is teh best part of playing for 100%

Kira-

Smash Champion
back on subject, i dont think i will be a panelist anymore but if i had to rank everyone REGARDLESS of results, but purely of how well i think they would do out of state,

it'd pretty much be exactly the same except romeo and eddy would be higher

so this is a good list.

(i was going to write out a new list but then i realized i wouldnt change very much at all. maybe swap connor/lovage)

D

Deleted member

Maple Story is a game where you have fun when you first start

then it becomes a grind but you keep to it for 50 more hours of playtime to get your new skill

then you realize you just wasted a lot of time sitting on your *** playing a terrible game

Lovage

Smash Hero
let him play what he wants

until he realizes it's a waste of time

and learns his lesson like the rest of us did with MMOs

ah, such is life

DJMirror

Smash Master
I hate mmorpg and the fact you have to spend money to play it per month is dumb a good example is wow and ffxi

Lovage

Smash Hero
i dont think MMO's did anything to anyone, its just people need to learn self control and restraint
i'm not blaming them for anything

just making fun of them because there's so many better games you could play where u fight people instead of killing 150 trees for an hour

Top Bottom