• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
smash and maplestory are both a huge waste of time to me anyways so it doesn't matter what I play.

I'm just playing the one that's more fun to me

Atlus8

Smash Master
Maple Story is a game where you have fun when you first start

then it becomes a grind but you keep to it for 50 more hours of playtime to get your new skill

then you realize you just wasted a lot of time sitting on your *** playing a terrible game
LMAO! Yes, any MMO is f***en exciting at first! However, it's f***en boring when you have to grind like a motherf***er! I'm so glad I played one MMO in my life!

Connor - I'm guessing you have never played an MMO since you just called Melee a waste of time! I say go on ahead and play Maplestory!

Lovage

Smash Hero
smash and maplestory are both a huge waste of time to me anyways so it doesn't matter what I play.
wtf how can you put smash and maplestory on the same level. i mean i guess they're both GAMES

but then every game is a waste of time if u look at it like that so why play any games at all

i'd rather outsmart humans than fight 100 robot trees

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I played it in the 6th grade. It's just as fun as before. Melee IS a waste of time. it's not going to get me anywhere in life.

I guess I like maplestory since I don't gride 24/7. PQs are much better.

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
Well true I did suck. But Now I am in the second ranked clan in CW NA? SO Get@me, I'm down to rematch. When I played him I didn't even use my main style I used dagger. When I said alright met me get sword he dodged. I'm not trying to talk ****, so Jkun hop off. Maple story is fun, but too easy. PQ's are **** experience compared to grinding.

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
Its not the same. You cant compare GunZ in melee (well). Using dagger is like using pichu. And I was still close to him, he was about red each shot. And on top of that he spiked (lagged making it hard to aim him)

Then I said alright, let me get sword (to drop him easy) (sword is like fox in melee) He dodged and left.

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
Nice edit on last post. :3

Hes not bad, but no where on my level.

I would play him again and show him whats up if was down to play :3

joeplicate

Smash Master
it's so easy to tell johns in a different game

even if you have no idea what they're talking about
u can still smell da ****

DJMirror

Smash Master
didn't you also have those items from the item shop as well? i think s2j told me you had those special items and stuff

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
Lol, its not the same. You still dont get it lol.

Well he should play me I guess, until he does. Hes still some random.

as of now, he dodged me.

Lv0 perms dont do anything special except allow me to wear meds! Which I didnt use in our 1v1.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I really like that 0 to death combo on macd on FoD (i think it's the third match)

macD edgeguard is clutch as ****

Kira-

Smash Champion
loool @ the technical people

and word to charles

ughalksh did not see this next page

connor its fine that you play but you'll probably get bored real soon, thats all im saying

the small dogs bark the loudest

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
Do you see people trash talking him for no apparent reason? Honestly I would not brag, if people didn't talk **** first, especially when they dont know what there talking about.

Miharu

Smash Hero
i don't let people have the opportunity to even trash talk me in the first place

its the way that you're portrayed amongst the community

but i don't see what bragging has to do with your being trashtalked? all you have to do is modestly disprove them, and you're set

but that's not the case is it

D

Deleted member

Lol, its not the same. You still dont get it lol.

Well he should play me I guess, until he does. Hes still some random.

as of now, he dodged me.

Lv0 perms dont do anything special except allow me to wear meds! Which I didnt use in our 1v1.
the only reason I faced u in some horrifying game was because u were bugging me every night for like 2 weeks in some game i don't even like like some idiot *** who wanted to prove Oscar wrong for once in your life

sadly you still got owned

and dunno what ur talking about, score was 5-2 but u think u dying first then me dying second equals a tie due to ****ty game netcode system

dagger isn't pichu tier.. there are some really good players who use it (not you)

even so, you shouldn't **** around in some "grudge" match especially when its the last time ur gunna face me in some horrid korean mmofps game

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Melee IS a waste of time. it's not going to get me anywhere in life.
It's not suppose to. No matter how you look at it, in the end, it's just a game.

But it's the experience that comes with playing the game that matters. Constantly improving your skills and competing with your peers to better yourself. Taking names and earning bragging rights. Traveling and meeting new people. Making many new friends and rivals along the way who share the same passion and goals as you do.

Such experiences that come from playing the game are definitely NOT a waste of time. Not to mention, there are many lessons that can be learned from both the experiences and the game itself that can be applied to your outside life.

And what's **** about Melee is, the more you play and the better you get, it becomes that much more fun since the experiences get richer and that much more worthwhile.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
It's not suppose to. No matter how you look at it, in the end, it's just a game.

But it's the experience that comes with playing the game that matters. Constantly improving your skills and competing with your peers to better yourself. Taking names and earning bragging rights. Traveling and meeting new people. Making many new friends and rivals along the way who share the same passion and goals as you do.

Such experiences that come from playing the game are definitely NOT a waste of time. Not to mention, there are many lessons that can be learned from both the experiences and the game itself that can be applied to your outside life.

And what's **** about Melee is, the more you play and the better you get, it becomes that much more fun since the experiences get richer and that much more worthwhile.
Thank you very much. Anything can look like a waste of time on the surface.

The simple fact that Melee is just FUN is enough justification to play. :)

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
even tho i roam these boards its pretty obv i havent played much this past year
i spent so much time with school and working to help out my family i havent played video games in general
last night after work i went next door to netfrags and played dj hero and spent an hour just having fun, time i couldve spent doing more productive things, but i realized last night fun=sane and a stupid video game fullfilled some personal me time that has been sacrificed by me this past year

so in short, as long as your time is regulated and does not interfere with priority's, video games helps with your future, in the sense that itll keep you happy

vioxx1

Smash Rookie

Words from the heart <3

Top Bottom