• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Jun.

Smash Lord
btw if the MM does actually happen, on Champ's website it says Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are not singles counterpicks. Something should be establish beforehand just in case.

MacD

Banned via Administration
commentary is hard
oscar is funny
macd is terrible on a mic
shhhhh, if you don't tell people i suck, they won't know so

btw if the MM does actually happen, on Champ's website it says Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are not singles counterpicks. Something should be establish beforehand just in case.
wtf, champ changing the rules??? screw that

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I'm just letting you guys know, if you try to force me to do it before singles bracket, I will refuse.

Edit: Oh and as far as commentary goes, I think there should be at least one SD player commentating, and then whoever else wants to.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
wait what? **** that. this mm should happen between singles and doubles, that's when it'll have the most hype. doing it after bracket is dumb. why wait?

and oscar and macd should commentate, itll be more legit that way lol

Jun.

Smash Lord
and oscar and macd should commentate, itll be more legit that way lol
What's legit about it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxuyKHP1xBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c0Fg1-INNs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MGnxOSeDDE

All I hear is **** riding, trying way too hard to be funny, and random screaming. How is it that I hear Husband or Wife commentating the video becomes a matchup guide while in the video above I hear useless conversations. The entire community should learn a thing or two about commentating from either sports or even just Capcom fighter streams.

I play Marth. MacD plays Peach. I'm from SD. MacD's not from SD. Makes sense to me.

If anything how about each of you guys just pick one person to commentate if it matters that much. Anyone who has met me in person would tell you that I'm a very fair guy.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
yeah but mccain is like
awful on mic LOL
no salt it takes hella practice

like ive done it with D a few times
i like us
but idk what the vast opinion is

and the reason why husband/wife comm is so good is because play by play style is really really hard to pull off

like go watch hella sf4 vids
they suck ***
even if they play the characters

which is why so many people go for the hype route
its funny and intense
and you dont sound like a dummy saying what everyone already knows
oh he missed that fsmash probably shoulda tilted
duh
no ****

commentary isnt for the people casting, its for the audience (the majority because theres always ***s and haters)

oscar is really funny imo, also hype and intense
but he knows a lot about the game and because hes so technical
he can process the game really fast
and say what needs to be said
not what we already know

if you dont have experience i expect you to suck ***
this is directed at everyone lol^^^^

tl;dr
commentary is hard
its for the audience not the caster
oscar *****
slurp slurp i am a big homo

Jun.

Smash Lord
and say what needs to be said
not what we already know
If its for the audience like you said, why would you leave out valuable info on options and matchup info? There are even two separate audiences, the ones that are at the venue and the ones who will watch the videos later online.

You realize some people DON'T know? You can't just assume that everyone just knows every matchup perfectly. In fact I would argue that you have to assume that no one knows anything. I'd rather hear 9 things I know and 1 useful thing about a matchup rather than 10 complex tech skill comments.

Anyone that even posts on smashboards is not the average audience member let alone we who have played smash with the best in the world. Put yourselves in the shoes of someone who is new to the game and try not to be so biased just because you reside in the arguably the highest skilled smash region in the world.

Feel free to disagree.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
yup. wife is the perfect commentator for people not familiar with everything because he explains what some people might not know, such as move decisions, or the history of the players going at it.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA7KdprcQsE

idk i really liked oscar's commentary here, it had a sense of humor and was at least a bit informative.

also, what thegreaterleon said, hype commentary>bad play-by-play commentary, especially for an mm b/t ppl of this skill level. sure explaining stuff would be nice, if we were like national level material, which we're not, and since mm is supposedly hella hype, we should keep it that way. and please don't take this the wrong way, but more ppl would be hype if well-known smashers did the commentary imo.

and to reiterate, this mm better be between doubles and singles, as an in-between side event it'd be pretty awesome. doing it after singles bracket it stupid.

oh **** im starting to get really hyped for this, more so than I thought! :)

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
@baka, im just talking ****. i wont be there unfortunately to support sd =/

jun is actually right for once. he should be one of the two commentating. he plays marth and is from sd. go sd and lasntar!

joeplicate

Smash Master
dude

i know everything about commentary

im saying you can do it wrong or you can do it right
oscar does it right and ur hating

anyone who has never commentated before will do it wrong
do you have experience?

find the grev tourney where i casted for the first time if you want to hear how bad noobs sound
-b

JDM

Smash Champion
Let's all just shout into stabs stock laptop microphone as loud as we can.

Everybody wins.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master

MacD

you were about to kill them for that at first hahahaha

and i agree with brenden that i am pretty bad 90% of the time

but when there is a peach i actually have things to go off of haha, and when someone like lovage who i know will do well is there, i'd be fine

Jun.

Smash Lord
I just don't want Lanstar to be on the cutting board especially when this vid is probably gonna be put online.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I doubt anyone will talk crap in commentary for this, I mean a couple pages back people were getting mad about how nice all the comments were haha.

MacD

if you like, i'll just **** talk on baka and tell him he sucks

just ask irish mafia, i'm good at that when it comes to other peach mains :grin:

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
im kinda hating hard

but thats a legit concern
but i dont think anyones actually salty about it

also my favourite commentary is definitely 2 hella biased people
putting each others champ on blast

MacD

i'm sure it'll be fine in the end

whatever though, we'll just figure it out when the time comes

me and alan got this baka, hahaha

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it would be kind of funny if the commentary ended up just being **** talk on both of them.

And I finally just saw the whole comment appearing out of nowhere thing, pretty cool. :O

MacD

psh, you know nothing

me and alan will stick together, the super rainboyz is all that matters

me and oscar got this and will make amazing commentary however we see fit

what can go wrong? LOOOOLL

besides the fact i don't think he's even posted about doing it

but he's down, cause oscar's da homie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I'm just kidding Baka. I just think it's funny that SD is taking it so serious. You get one commentator pick and Lanstar gets one commentator pick, rock paper scissors for who picks first!

Jun.

Smash Lord
I have no idea why everyone is ****ting in their pants over a MM commentary. Baka is so scared to have me commentate for some reason. The match is already in your area and you're probably gonna be cheered for. I'm just trying to make Josh feel comfortable and to get SD players on the map.

You better hope I commentate, cause if not I'll mind**** you harder than watching Inception in Korean. SD knows I'm not joking.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
also, what thegreaterleon said, hype commentary>bad play-by-play commentary, especially for an mm b/t ppl of this skill level. sure explaining stuff would be nice, if we were like national level material, which we're not, and since mm is supposedly hella hype, we should keep it that way. and please don't take this the wrong way, but more ppl would be hype if well-known smashers did the commentary imo.
please don't make assumptions. i never said i was scared of you commentating, jun. it has nothing do with having a commentator from sd, just that i think itll have more hype this way.

and as silly or out of place this may or may not sound, i don't like making enemies. jun don't mind **** me, i don't know what that feels like, and i don't want to know ;)

EDIT: meh i guess we'll figure it out on saturday, and it still depends on whether lanstar is ok with it being between singles/doubles. cause i sure as hell am not doing it after the tournies over.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Dont be afraid to make enemies.

Show em how much of a ***** YOU can be.

GET IT GURL!

DJMirror

Smash Master
or you can be a jerk and say ****ed up **** like

*These are examples so i hope no one feelings gets hurt

Lanstar you ****ing suck ***

or baka4moe stfu about whining the peach vs marth mu

Honestly you gotta be like Phil talking mad **** on Hbox (if you were at Don't go down there jeff)

you gotta have heart to say **** like that...Like someone that we know *cough* alex19 and S2J *cough*

just thought I throw that out

MacD

I wanna go through your post history and see how many times you've said this. I never say it back though....

OMG mccain i love you

Super Rainboyz yo!
hhahaa, idk, sounds kinda weird when you say it that way

maybe find your own style?

super rainboyz though, too good

Top Bottom