• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I've beaten baka4moe in tournament before, and our friendlies(pre-WGF smashfest) went my way, I won with every character I tried(I believe I lost one game(maybe two) and 3 stocked him with Marth.

I'm only doing this because everyone seems to believe he's really good, and it seems like an unwritten rule that you can't be ranked if you lose to me haha

Edit: I've got nothing against Baka, he seems to be a pretty chill guy.

Oh, and my recent set with fly was much better(which is kind of funny because I didn't want me getting ***** recorded so we played on another TV, but I did much better than expected) and I lost to MacD before spending 150+ hours playing with Bone(he's still really good I swear =D)

So basically, what I'm saying is... I'm obviously the best player ever and I just sandbag all of you for the LoLs... and because being batman is just too cool

baka4moé

Smash Champion
lol whaaaaaaaat, i never would've thought this would blow up this much. this thread got like 3 pages in a day! im seriously surprised theres so much support for me, thanks guys! :)

lanstar, you sound like friendlies mean stuff ;). hyprid pretty much beats me in friendlies. and that tourney match was pretty close, and was like my 3rd tournament ever. hehe

as a disclaimer though, im still looking for a ride to champs, and im still broke, so yeah...

EDIT: lovage what's ur aim?? you don't have to answer on this thread if you don't want. im like never on though, texting is prob better. in which case, i need your number then LOL

wait i just realized, lanstar why dont you also mm the other ppl johnny mentioned on the good unranked list? why me...im not fond of mms....

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Lanstar is pretty good, but I'd say it's in Baka's favor. Friendlies with Lanstar a few months back went mostly my way and I'd say Baka and I are pretty even (I'm sure all three of us have improved). I bet it'll go to game 3, Marth is a hard matchup and Lanstar can be pretty slick when he turns it up.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
lanstar, you sound like friendlies mean stuff ;). hyprid pretty much beats me in friendlies. and that tourney match was pretty close, and was like my 3rd tournament ever. hehe
I think they mean at least a little bit when the person get's frustrated and asks if you've had peach experience, then replies with figures... after getting a yes answer ; )
(paraphrased I don't remember if those were the exact words)

wait i just realized, lanstar why dont you also mm the other ppl johnny mentioned on the good unranked list? why me...
I chose you because I'm confident I can beat you, and know I can do it even if I'm having a bad day like the pre-WGF smashfest =P. Russel's Falco had been F****** me up and I was super frustrated lol.

Also, one of the games you actually won, you went fox and I think 2 stocked my Marth? lol

LOL at Lanstar's post

I can't wait til saturday to see this
<3

By the way, I don't plan on doing this money match if I play him in tournament, unless by some sort of freak accident I lose =P, and then I might be down lol

Kira-

Smash Champion
HugS let's mm $5

I probably can't go to the tourney
This will probably will never happen

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
lanstar has this in bag. just give him the money. btw, i predict each game to go at least 15 minutes long. anything less and you were both reckless.

stupid tournaments being planned only on weekends i cant/shouldnt go. i cant place a bet on lanstar =/. i really need to talk to the people planning these.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
johnny =[ . is not spelling my name correctly really a reason? where can i read the rules on what warrants an infraction? for what it's worth, tho i guess baka is my original name i really don't care if you call me back4more, lol.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
No. I gave you an infraction for censor dodging (only because I have to enforce the SWF rules). I didn't "search" your old posts. I actually caught that censor dodge a long time ago (the day you made the post), but didn't infract it because doing so would cause you to be ban due to having 6 points. I was being nice to let the points wear off before infracting again, but I'm not allowed to do that (a higher up told me to), so I was required to go back and infract it (by a higher up).

Anyways, back to the more important stuff (the MM between Lanstar and Daniel). Daniel is really good and improves at a fast pace.

EDIT: Nevermind. S2J's post got deleted by another moderator so me writing this defense is kinda pointless.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
There's no hype because I'm obviously the best Melee player of all time. There can't be hype if the outcome is so predictable.

Edit: I feel like my avatar really sells my confidence lol

DJMirror

Smash Master
wow @ the lack of **** talk

Kinda reminds me of me vs tgl except there was 805 hype all over it but there's like no sd hype for it

but yeah...I'm putting money on Baka4moe

any takers?

Jun.

Smash Lord
Jason did you not read the thread? The last 2 pages are like SD people coming in and talking ****.

I'll put 5 on Lanstar against you.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
and baka's is like

"***** please, i will cut you"

aka he's not impressed
LOL it's so true. my avatar wins.

and sorry for the the lack of **** talk guys, i guess thats just not the way i am. although, i think sd's been talkin trash more than lanstar himself. though, its good to hear mccain, johnny, and oscar **** talk for me =p. its funny because ive never even met jun and soccerdrew, who seem to have talked the most so far.

also if this happens i want it before singles starts, if we do it after the tourney i feel it wont have as much hype.

MacD

Banned via Administration
it's going down between teams and singles

and we are def rigging the bracket so you guys don't play (unless i don't like the outcome :p)

Jun.

Smash Lord
Not really **** talk. Just think you'll lose.

And I believe I've at least seen you play at 2 different tournies.

MacD lets do this. Like Husband and Wife.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
jun you should introduce yourself :) i want to meet those i talk to online.

also yeah rig the bracket. i wanna play hugq while he's at a tourney :). im pretty confident i can win.

MacD

psh jun, WE'LL TALK

i really wanna do it with oscar ahhahaha

and rigging brackets i hard cause champ is in charge but he'll probably ask us to seed so i got this!!!!!

MacD

oh LOOOOOOOOL

we'll be fair, don't worry :grin:

idk, WE'LL TALK BRO!!!!!!!

(it's cool just sitting in this thread and seeing new posts while doing other things)

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
my thoughts on reading half of the previous posts
commentary is hard
oscar is funny
macd is terrible on a mic
dont let jun cast, that guy is hella weird online so im not expecting much irl

lanstar gonna get scraped
BY MY BOY

baka (crazy)
moe (****ing scrubby marths in he butt)

ill throw down some cash if i go