• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
me and kira saw edreese (not sure if I spelled his name right) looking sharp as **** for his date at Irvine Spectrum in case anyone cares but I doubt it
Deadshot and I saw DC$ looking sharp as **** at Irvine Spectrum. However, he wasn't on a date he just works at a Suit store lol

DJMirror

Smash Master
DC$ still works there?

Nah man Edreese was like new haircut, clothes look nice and fresh, wearing an sick *** shiny watch and some brand new shiny shoes

god, good stuff edreese

MacD

Banned via Administration
we'll update this after champs, so that is your last chance to prove that you ****

or for all you inactive people to get your *** to a tourney so you can still be ranked, idk if anyone wants to lose their spot to like jkun!!!!

Lovage

Smash Hero
yes!
everyone who thinks they might be top 15/20/25 material show up to champ's and festizzio's so ya'll can scrap it out

can't wait to see who steps up and makes it on the rankings

gl!

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
I was going to be done with this period and everything, too.

Now I'm salty as hell and basically HAVE to go to Long Beach. Thanks for planning my next weekend, Stab <3

Kira-

Smash Champion
Can't wait to see how much drama the next one starts up

Stab will probably be like 11th (minus connor/eddy mexico)

Jun.

Smash Lord
Tbh I don't even know why the rankings are extended to 20. Seems like skill levels pyramid downwards with more and more controversial rankings because of the high number of players at lower levels.

D

Deleted member

unlike other crappy smash regions socal still has a lot of talented newcomers/ rising players and power rankings help motivate them, azn lep said something like that

for example, last local tourney there were 6 top 10s and 8-9 people who could compete for top 20, there's too much talent to not put them on top 20 but the ordering of them is going to be tough

GOD TIER
1. mango
---
A TIER
2/3. zhu/lucky
4/5. fly/hugo (i think fly should be ranked above)
--
A-
6. oscar
7. me
8. macd
--
D TIER
9. westballz
10. eddy
--
F
11. stab

gets tough after that

dave/larry coming back (then disappearing)

sherigami/alex19/hugQ/connor/fiction MIA,

talented unranked (baka4moe, tipZ, sung,j666, PLIGRO)

Jun.

Smash Lord
Shameless SD selfpromotion here

Sunny / WASTE (Jesse)
Both mostly don't lose to unranked players. Beat some currently ranked players. Good placements in tournaments (Fusion, Arcadian might be a few more)

D

Deleted member

yeah sunny's a beast, I've always been impressed with his fox

SD doesn't really travel though so that makes it even harder to place them correctly

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
Shameless SD selfpromotion here

Sunny / WASTE (Jesse)
Both mostly don't lose to unranked players. Beat some currently ranked players. Good placements in tournaments (Fusion, Arcadian might be a few more)
You make me feel unloved Jun </3

Edit: @ baka4moe: 20 dollar money match at champ's tourny if we don't play in tournament?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
somebody's salty over nothing. lanstar lol that came out of nowhere, im quite confused to be honest. im broke dude, i don't think i can afford $20 =/

EDIT: **** lovage wants to see this? apparently others do too...i guess we could mm, but not that much. maybe like 10 or something, we can decide at champs. let's make this hella hype yeah? lol i still am looking for a ride there though, and i hope i don't get nervous >.<

Lovage

Smash Hero
hahaha i definitely think there's a bit of salt here

baka's been getting his **** slurped by all the top players since he basically lives in 818. lanstar lives all the **** down in SD and wants a bit of the slurpage too

Jun.

Smash Lord
hahaha i definitely think there's a bit of salt here

baka's been getting his **** slurped by all the top players since he basically lives in 818. lanstar lives all the **** down in SD and wants a bit of the slurpage too
I'll call your 5 for Lanstar. In fact I'll probably match anyone's bets for Lanstar.

Lovage you do realize you're like the epitomized example of a product resulting from "slurpage."

Top Bottom