• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
lanstar u suck so u have the mentality of a noob so u dont understand
Nice logical fallacy P

Edit:
@SuperRad: In theory any player is capable of making 3 unlikely technical errors resulting in the loss of 3 stocks and not have it not be due to the other player whatsoever. Considering saying someone ***** usually refers to one player playing very well, or doing something very impressive in the scenario I presented the winning player would not have "*****" the other player because it's not impressive to take one stock(IMO). You could say that the player had ***** himself so then it could still be "****" but it would not be due to the other player.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if they '***** themselves', they were the victims of their own ****, therefore they 'got *****'

stupid discussion anyway; margin of victory is waaaay down the list of metrics

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I'm only trying to argue that it shouldn't be as though the winning player had ***** in his 2-0 and in that regard even if the losing player "got *****" by "****** himself" the winning player hasn't done something impressive(IMO)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I agree with pocky. When it is said that one "gets *****" it is only stated that he was the recipient of **** (rapecipient), it makes no claim about who supplied the **** - it could be the opponent or himself.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I'm only trying to argue that it shouldn't be as though the winning player had ***** in his 2-0 and in that regard even if the losing player "got *****" by "****** himself" the winning player hasn't done something impressive(IMO)
but this is about the matchup between the winning player and losing player, not the standalone merit of the winning player

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
if they '***** themselves', they were the victims of their own ****, therefore they 'got *****'

stupid discussion anyway; margin of victory is waaaay down the list of metrics
haha. okay, okay. i meant to say that they didn't GET ***** BY THE OPPONENT. I guess it's most proper to say that the losing player in Lanstar's hypothetical situation was a "rapecipient" (like Hyuga said).

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
but this is about the matchup between the winning player and losing player, not the standalone merit of the winning player
yes and in the match-up scenario I presented the winning player has not "*****" in fact the losing player has done well considering the circumstances even though he may have "***** himself"

beyond this I don't really care it's basically opinion anyway

Kira-

Smash Champion
then why do you keep arguing about it if you don't care
He said, "Beyond this." I think that means that, anything past the thing the just said doesn't matter to him. Which means that the thing he just said has significance to him.

we don't believe you. you need more people. (c) P-hood
That's okay. You're not the one I'm trying to convince.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
lanstar actually ***** now lol. truth.
i betcha $20 i two stock him. i betcha $50 i two stock him with two different characters. gimme a month and i betcha $200 i do it with five hahahahahaha.

I agree with pocky. When it is said that one "gets *****" it is only stated that he was the recipient of **** (rapecipient), it makes no claim about who supplied the **** - it could be the opponent or himself.
hahahahahaha

@TGL: MM me?(marth dittos)
***** brendan doesnt play this game or presume to think he's good. i do, however. why don't you money match me? a big hype mm tho, winning $5 off you is just gonna make me feel bad :laugh:

we don't believe you. you need more people. (c) P-hood

hahaha now now that's jay-z my brutha

$BONE$

Smash Ace
lol. Kira! I agree Lan has gotten really good, in my opinion. We've been playing tons these last three weeks and he's my favorite SD player right now.

Hi P!! <3

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hmm i'm totally down to see a hyped Lan vs P match. once we get the lodge back we should have a special P vs Lan Triweekly.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i'm not gonna lie, i think i can beat everyone on this list convincingly except for the top 5 + fly/lovage/macd/alex19

if not RIGHT now then the next time i see u for sure

so i offer $20 mms to everyone except the top 5. (dont worry ***** ur time will come. you too mango u dont fukken scare me.)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
or maybe if u would stop johning i can come over ur house and do it connie cakes

and stab how many $5 mms are we doing?

Kira-

Smash Champion
Normally Adam would be an automatic bet but Lanstar took out a whole crew by himself... man I don't think I can bet confidently on this one ><

Adam M!

Smash Lord
omg the people are asking for it

let's do a $50 mm lanstar u down?

p4 rules 3/5 i guess

nah actually kira we should do a $50 mm =)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
*****aaaaa im def tryna get some mms

i'm gonna be moving to norcal or fl in the next six months so let's get it

just one condition: these matches count towards PR

cuz ima be top 5 before i bounce

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
Normally Adam would be an automatic bet but Lanstar took out a whole crew by himself... man I don't think I can bet confidently on this one ><
they actually had one stock left after I went down but I didn't have my controller <.<

@P: lol I'm not gonna MM you Adam, unless you want to use peach vs my marth

Top Bottom