• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah man i used to have some big asian ******* as my avatar but some ***** mod changed it to the little chick and i kept it there.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
i want to see a top 25 happen it would be alot of work but make alot more ppl play for sure

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I wish I would have been able to go to more tournaments lately. Maybe if they weren't all like irvine itd be easier :\

At least in fall I can get rides with kfc (maybe >_>) or someone haha

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
A player is considered active if the following conditions are met:

- If he is not ranked during the previous period, he must attend at least 2 tournaments.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
jkun thats kind of dumb, even if you see where you place you're still gonna wanna place higher, say they rank someone you thing you're better than higher than you, obviously you're gonna keep trying i think 25 is a good idea

Adam M!

Smash Lord
two things:

1. how th **** would jkun ever make top 25
2. if you make it top 25 and then have to put people like jkun on it obv you shouldnt of had a top 25

not trying to be mean, just telling it like it is

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i think there should be a top 20 before a top 25.

looking at the current PR, i see at least 3 players that seem to be inactive...so i wonder how we would pile on 10 more deserving players on top of the 15 we currently have. all of the 15 on the list are good players, but if we go 25 i don't want to see any 'filler' spots just to make the 25 count.

and 'shouldn't of'...really??? of all people i didn't think you would make that mistake lol.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
thank you for holding me to a higher standard

what are you supposed to say? shouldn't have? meh. [insert johns]

i just had the idea that if the goal is to rank the talent in socal with light activity standards, you should just rank guys like whatisfear while developing some arbitrary standard for retired (2 straight ranking periods w/ no tournies?). inb4 someone says whatisfear would still be considered retired

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
IMO

a PR's goal should be to accurately represent who oos should be the most scared of
like if we host a national, these are the guys you should watch out for, in order,
because they might not be familiar with all x of our top players

ranking 20,25,30 players is dumb. because not all of them are going to be a threat in tournament
they just suck less

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
sketchiness was one of the things that made the PRs great back in the day. when you throw 25 players up there, there's always one or two players that everyone thinks "Oh dayum son, I can beat Jkun. Why is he ranked" and it lights that fire for all those just decent players. who cares if 16-25 isn't 100% accurate, if the rankings exists to promote competition, and to give people an incentive to improve, putting top 25 is a great idea.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
sketchiness was one of the things that made the PRs great back in the day. when you throw 25 players up there, there's always one or two players that everyone thinks "Oh dayum son, I can beat Jkun. Why is he ranked" and it lights that fire for all those just decent players. who cares if 16-25 isn't 100% accurate, if the rankings exists to promote competition, and to give people an incentive to improve, putting top 25 is a great idea.
amen

honestly washingtons PR should be like top 5 LOL (in terms of who to watch out for at a tournament, most of us would not make it to bracket at a tourney like pound) but we do top 10 because its the equivalent of a socal top 20 >.>

Atlus8

Smash Master
I like this!

DJMirror

Smash Master
****KKK I have a target on my back now! Might put those "kick me" sign on my back right now. =/

Top Bottom