• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
? Like what? I've heard references/sources from this movie in other documentarys as well, just in different discussions.

got any source also?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
? Like what? I've heard references/sources from this movie in other documentarys as well, just in different discussions.

got any source also?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist:_the_Movie#Critics

Chris Forbes, Senior lecturer in Ancient History of Macquarie University and member of the Synod of the Diocese of Sydney, has severely criticized Part I of the movie as having no basis in serious scholarship or ancient sources, relying on amateur sources that "borrow ideas from each other, and who recycle the same silly stuff" and "not a single serious source" can be found in official reference lists attached to the movie.[33] Of the film he says "It is extraordinary how many claims it makes which are simply not true."[33]
Forbes claims there is no evidence in Egyptian sources saying that Horus' mother Isis was a virgin. Similarly, neither Krishna (the eighth son), Dionysus (whose mother had slept with Zeus) nor Attis were ever supposed born of virgins. He points out that "son" and "sun" are not homophonic words in either Latin, Ancient Egyptian, or Greek, and therefore no such misunderstanding would occur; that the December 25 birth is not part of any of the myths, including that of Jesus, for whom Christmas Day was appointed as a festival day in open knowledge that the real date was not known (December 25 was actually the day when the god Mithras was born out of a stone).[34]
Forbes also criticizes the movie's use of Roman sources to suggest that Jesus didn't exist, noting that a long list flashed across the screen of supposed contemporaneous historians that did not mention Jesus is actually a list of geographers, gardening writers, poets and philosophers, who should not be expected to mention him. The allegation that Josephus' mention of Jesus was added later is criticized as misleading. Josephus actually mentions Jesus twice, with only one reference believed by scholars to have been doctored in the Middle Ages but to change an already existing mention of him. He also argues that the film misrepresents Constantine when it presents him as making Christianity compulsory, when he only legalized it (it was Theodosius I who made it compulsory later in the 4th century) and inventing the historical Jesus, when early records show that the historicity of Jesus had been a key element of faith from early on.
http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/09-02-25/#feature

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I love how when they site sources for the movie, they don't put page numbers.

Just the name of a book.

LOL
? whadyou mean, the bible references? seems like he said things like "john 3:16"(not exactly, but with the verse) which is basically putting a page number. unless you mean something else

ALSO, is the part where he lists off that all the facts about the gods around 4:00 in the video(day born, born a virgin, 12 disciples etc) not true? Seems pretty easy to look up myself, but if they are true, how do all religions follow that same code? THAT much of a coincidence?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
? Whadyou mean, the bible references? Seems like he said things like "john 3:16"(not exactly, but with the verse) which is basically putting a page number. Unless you mean something else

also, is the part where he lists off that all the facts about the gods around 4:00 in the video(day born, born a virgin, 12 disciples etc) not true? Seems pretty easy to look up myself, but if they are true, how do all religions follow that same code? That much of a coincidence?
:054::054::054::054::054::054::054:

embracethe12

Smash Lord
those are really detailed psyducks

:054:

**** i really want to stretch the **** out of this psyduck from the quote box
but smashboards won't let me

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
did you just call wikipedia a reputable source?

lol, i get that it has what i'm talking about, but regardless of if what the wiki says is true or not, wikipedia is not always a reliable source..

so i clicked a real website where random users can't edit info instead.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
how does that change the fact that i decided not to click the wiki link over the other link? i clearly just stated why i had my biased reasoning to click the bottom link instead.

meaning I didn't read anything involving the question i asked earlier, regardless of you trying to be a smartass LOL

SuperRad

Smash Master
im not trying to be a smartass, i am a smartass. and im **** good at it too.

you on the other hand, are a dumb *** and should maybe take 30 seconds (or 5 minutes, im guessing you might read a little slow) and read the paragraph dante posted and see how it TOTALLY ADDRESSES YOUR QUESTIONS. if you actually gave a **** about learning something, you would've done that instead of completely dismissing the post that answered your questions.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i'm not sure why clicking links is an either-or proposition
It wasn't, it was exactly what happened at the time. Saw the two links, and clicked the bottom one. Read a bit about how certain things weren't true, and closed it. QUESTION ANSWERED. Then today I asked a new question, but of course i'm an idiot because coincidentally, something i didn't read earlier answered what i asked today.

im not trying to be a smartass, i am a smartass. and im **** good at it too.

you on the other hand, are a dumb *** and should maybe take 30 seconds (or 5 minutes, im guessing you might read a little slow) and read the paragraph dante posted and see how it TOTALLY ADDRESSES YOUR QUESTIONS. if you actually gave a **** about learning something, you would've done that instead of completely dismissing the post that answered your questions.
i get that it addresses my questions NOW, but at the time what he posted wasn't what i was trying to figure out. IRRELEVANT INFO FOR ME! I didn't need to read that entire quote when i just as easily could go to the link below and have what i wanted to know answered in 5 ****in' seconds.

if i gave a **** about learning something? wtf does that have to do with anything? i'm not attempting to research the entire project simply cause i had some questions about it

lololol get over yourself my god

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
hahah, true stuff. i've seen non-locals get blasted in this thread before, but i dont care, it's all fun in my opinion. i dunno why he got so srs on me tho

good thing i dont need to be liked by some randy in a region to play in that region for years to come! =D

yeah movin' to sd in a month

SuperRad

Smash Master
i had a big post reiterating how dumb you are in fancy prose but my browser ****ed and it got deleted.

basically:
when i ask a question
i read the responses i get
because someone spent their time hand delivering me information so i didnt have to seek it out myself

while this is just a minor issue the grand scheme of things, i do think it is indicative of your personality as a whole. [plus it's not like this is the first time i've seen dumb posts from you]. you not reading dantefux's post shows that you are most likely dumb and/or discourteous. (or maybe a little kid... it would explain both of those and your love of zeitgeist).

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
eh ill respond to this tomorrow, you've shown your community how tight you are and that your way of going about things ultimately shows my true personality, but im tired

next time you ask for an answer or some **** here, i'm gonna quote 10 pages worth of ****, and expect you to read all of it, now if you don't..i'm gonna call you a young discourteous *******, kay? sweet =D

night~

Top Bottom