• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Kira-

Smash Champion
***** im the real kira MM or gtfo

namesearching as Kira sucks because there's an AZ Kira, a european kira, and an alaskan Kira (rina chan)

JDM

Smash Champion
Really big subs with music turned up loud inside a car is legit and also acts like a free back massager.

DJMirror

Smash Master
WOW.....wtf festizzo.....that amazing....

l wouldn't be surprise if there is a street name pound 3

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i've got some good news and bad news melee folks

good news is WGF'10 is gonna have melee, hooray! For those of you that don't know, that's a pretty big deal. SoCal's nicest venue, best location, etc etc.

bad news is it's the same day as Pound 4... Pretty sure i can't change this either, the org that i'm hosting WGF through booked the Price Center Ballroom way back when.

Atlus8

Smash Master
i've got some good news and bad news melee folks

good news is WGF'10 is gonna have melee, hooray! For those of you that don't know, that's a pretty big deal. SoCal's nicest venue, best location, etc etc.

bad news is it's the same day as Pound 4... Pretty sure i can't change this either, the org that i'm hosting WGF through booked the Price Center Ballroom way back when.
I ain't going to Pound 4 so this is great news for me!

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i hate when someone quotes another person, and the quote device Does This, The Way It Filters Out Caps Lock Spam

so the person quoting thinks that they are quoting a post in all caps, and post accordingly

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't think playing people a lot worse than me would help much since I'm already aware that beating them isn't an accomplishment.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I feel like I'm starting to slip again. Does anybody know any good ways of tricking oneself into being more self-confident?
It's not really a trick, but the reason this probably happens is because you're not focusing on the match. So all you have to do is really tell yourself to focus, and when you're concentrating hard on the match you don't have time to not be confident. Seems to work for me a lot, hope this helped.

JDM

Smash Champion
The $.85 tri wing screw driver that lovage posted came today. But its just a regular screw driver...

Adam M!

Smash Lord
festizzio's right: you always gotta focus

i always tell myself to play to win and to not get hit. those things help my confidence (the former) and my focus (the latter), and that's all i need

Top Bottom