• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

R3N0

Smash Lord
ooh yeah and i forgot to mention good ole cactus. maybe he'll stop Sandbagging one of these days.. :-/ ( on the east coast)

HugS™

Smash Lord
He played kissy face with Silent wolf, Forward, and Cactuar. 2 of those people were West Coast, the other wasn't on his level. Nice try though man.

Where was he before pound 3?
Beating Me, Chillin, m2k, Ken, Forward. Getting 3rd at Super Champ combo. I don't know what you heard, but he was big before pound 3. EVO and SCC were where people wondered if he was that good, Pound 3 was where he proved himself.

It wasn't just ONE tournament wtf? It's only the noobs who think Mango needed to prove himself after pound 3. It wasn't his first tournament at all. It was actually the tournament where he established himself as one of the elites.

And if it's me you're referring to with the **** riding comment...

Noobs **** ride, pros hype up. Noobs just hop on anything that seems good. Pros, on the other hand, hype up what they know is good. They understand what good is. It's no longer **** riding at that point, it's respect...

Know the difference.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lovage got this. lovage will be like the minion who ***** everyone and they dont even realize theres higher bosses

festizzio

Smash Champion
just like when you fight lance for the first time and pretty much get ***** and you don't realize your rival is waiting right after him with much harder pokemon and you're out of potions *****

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
rage @ all is fighter dear god.

and man march 7th is around the corner

good luck everyone that is going =]

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Zhu is so underrated. I think he's definitely better than Jman, who is the most overrated smasher this side of Colbol and Hungrybox. Only thing I'm worried about is Zhu choking. If he doesn't choke, only M2K/Tuar/PC will have a chance against him.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Unless he puts up a poor performance like he did in his match against HMW.

You got this **** Zhu! No pressure ^_^

BTW, AllisFighter is full of Brawl noobs too scared to leave their community and to try a new scene... pathetic.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Zhu has had one "bad" loss in like six months. It doesn't even deserve mention.

HugS™

Smash Lord
See, if lovage was going to the EC back in the days, we would all be saying "Don't get *****".

Instead you guys are telling him to **** people, as if he can.

No offense to Lovage, but chances are he won't be ****** anyone. He's going there to get better. You don't hype up someone who's going there to get better, because when he loses, it makes us look bad. As if we expected him to win.

NOOO one was telling Fabian to tear **** up at FC Diamond. NO one was telling Mike Haze to place at Pound 3. Don't tell Lovage he'll **** in the EC when he won't. He'll just come back a better player, but that's the whole point.

Here's what happens if we DONT hype him up:
If he ends up losing, no one on the EC will care.
If he ends up ******, then we can talk lots of ****.
It's a good system.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, who'd have thought that after 12 hours of existence a brand new website would be full of Street Fighter noobs. Couldn't have seen that coming! I'd have thought that all the vets would transfer over immediately.

You guys are hilarious. One website exists with crappy features and therefore everything is perfect for the community. There's absolutely no precedent for a second website cropping up and providing useful features and helping grow and improve a community... nope, definitely no precedent. Site's doomed to failure.

Because really, who wants stuff like full comprehensive tournament results? Or a ladder with prize money? Or live chat for finding skilled opponents instead of finding randoms? Or a video library for finding & learning from quality matches? That **** is ********. Let's stick to the old websites and the old ways and never create new ways to expand and grow our communities.

Don't fall into the trap of mistaking a website for a community. A community is capable of utilizing multiple sites for the greatest benefit. It happened with SWF/AiB and it will hopefully happen with SRK/AiF.

Top Bottom