• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
idk its not even that big of a deal
and that one mod with the chick for his avatar is like having all the mods report in
and he seems to be on, i dont want to say our side, but the side that isnt being silly

mio

Smash Ace
It feels really good. Well worth the money IMO.

My friend got the tournament edition while mine is the limited regular edition. The tournament edition's buttons/stick supposedly feel better/reactive (tbh, I didn't notice much difference) and is bigger/heavier... the one I have is smaller with a nicer artwork (IMO). Also, unlike the tournament edition, it has a slight slant on the bottom which makes playing VERY comfortably mainly because you can rest your wrist on it.
The reason why the tournament edition is so much more expensive is because it's supposed to be perfectly tournament ready in every way... and from a tournament player's perspective it makes a big difference. But if you're a casual player that's not going to use his stick for a bunch of tourneys, there really isn't that much of a difference. They explain the details of the tournament edition stick here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1e4k3Myyak

By the way, the guy on the left is the owner of SRK, aka Mr. Wizard... the ******* responsible for the ridiculous rule set at EVO :(

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
The reason why the tournament edition is so much more expensive is because it's supposed to be perfectly tournament ready in every way... and from a tournament player's perspective it makes a big difference. But if you're a casual player that's not going to use his stick for a bunch of tourneys, there really isn't that much of a difference. They explain the details of the tournament edition stick here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1e4k3Myyak

By the way, the guy on the left is the owner of SRK, aka Mr. Wizard... the ******* responsible for the ridiculous rule set at EVO :(
Yeah, and don't forget that the tournament edition uses authentic Sanswa buttons/stick. I couldn't get my hands on it unfortunately but was fortunate enough to be the last person to get the regular edition from my local Play n Trade. =D

Though the size and weight is what I love about the regular version. I also love the shape (the slant helps rest my wrists easy when I play). And being the 2nd best stick next to the tournament edition, it's safe to say that it still gets the job done.

On the side note: http://allisfighter.com/ <- this site makes me LOL

JDM

Smash Champion
Welcome to All is Fighter, the most advanced community-run Street Fighter website anywhere!

We know that there's a lot of Street Fighter sites out there -- some old, some new -- but we believe we're the best.

Ahhh no.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
AllisFighter = Fail.

Are people who want to try out a new game THAT scared to get into a different community? And to claim that they're the best forums site for SF4...

Disgusting.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
at first i was like yuck
then i thought it might be alright, especially after reading neals comments on srk
but its a sf site run by smashers
it would be a lot better if mod powers and **** didnt transfer over between sites
idk
like princess aura on the front page of aif
the name is kind of weak
but it will probably get all brawl noobed like aib did
sorry neal :/
but hopefully srk can use it like smashboards uses it: for brackets

JDM

Smash Champion
What system do/will you play SFIV the most frequently on?

Arcade (20)
Playstation 3 (37)
Xbox 360 (60)
PC (6)

It's all about the arcade son.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
wow imma destroy that game right now!!
I knew memorizing the pokerap when I was a kid would pay off somehow ^_^

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I got 91 out of 151. I had exeggcute and exeggcutor but I kept misspelling them...eggxecute/eggxecutor or egxecute and egxecutor....

:(

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL I can't play that game. I'll be tempted to open another window and cheat.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i would say srk is full of ******s but then i would feel like im one of the smashers they talk a lot of **** about

i havent done second gen yet, ive been playing too much 3/4 and those are just johns because i dont want to get a low score lol :(

Top Bottom