• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*~*~*SoCal Low-Tier Tournament*~*~* RESULTS!!

Zenith

Smash Ace
Alright 27th

lol, the 2nd Joe says he'll take the mm everybody wants to jump in for da $$$

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
OKAY!!!!! Final update on first page. If there's anything I missed, please tell me. I hope the pot looks very good to you all. I wanted there to be a lot of winners, but not a small pot. I hope you don't mind that neither of the hosts will be paying to enter. Just look at what I'm doing for the pot and I don't think anyone will mind one bit.

And by the way, don't try to convince me that "MLG rules are better." I'm sticking to the current rules. MLG rules suck HARDCORE in my opinion.

By the way. I REALLY REALLY REALLY need help with tvs and cubes. So far I'm bringing mine......................................... the rest is up to you!! Tell me if you're bringing any. THANK YOU!!!!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I dunno if they are. Check out the results from the Low-Tier Tournament at Pandatration:

Low Tier
7/15/2006
64-man bracket

1 Ken------------------------> (G&W)
2 DSF------------------------>(Luigi)
3 Gabe------------------------>(Yoshi)
4 Arash------------------------>(Bowser)
5 Knives------------------------>(Roy)
5 Champ------------------------>(Link)
7 Manacloud------------------------>(???)
7 WhatisFear------------------------>(DK/Link)
9 Wolf------------------------>(???)
9 Dodger------------------------>(Kirby)
9 HugS------------------------>(Luigi)
9 ThomaSexy------------------------>(Zelda)
13 Caotic------------------------>(Bowser)
13 Squish------------------------>(???)
13 Mike Y.------------------------>(Link)
13 Mark------------------------>(???)
17 Mr. Pbody
17 Chris Lee
17 David C
17 Jay
17 Evil Nemesis
17 Panda------------------------>(G&W)
17 Duck
17 Inks------------------------>(Pikachu)
25 JTB
25 Yojo
25 Azn Lep
25 Azeem------------------------>(Y. Link)
25 Chaos
25 Evan
25 Ganku
25 Sleepy
33 Jerome
33 Yloh
33 Stuntcuum
33 Trevyn----------------------->(Mewtwo)
33 Paul
33 Mike Haze
33 Haze

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
This tournament is very experimental. I'm hoping it can open doors to new ideas and make tournaments more fun. One idea I always heard people mention is "Can there be a crew battle for teams?" If there's time afterwards, would anyone like to participate in a teams crew battle? I'm thinking of trying it out. And who knows? Maybe I'll put money into that too.

It might be something like this: (I'll use real crews as an example so you can get a better picture in your head than if I say team A and team B)

Super Friends:
Hugo, Gabe, Wolf, Omar, Inks

Deep SoCal:
Azeem, Champ, Edrees, Knivez, Mike Y

Round 1:
Azeem & Mike Y vs Hugo & Omar
Hugo and Omar win. 1 point for Super Friends.

Round 2:
In this round, the winner from round 1 has to keep one of the two winners in and has to send one of them out. The losers can send in 2 new people, or keep 1 of them but has to send one of them out. So it can look like this:

Edrees & Champ vs Hugo & Wolf
Hugo and Wolf win. 2 points for Super Friends (score is 2-0)

Round 3:
Again, the winner has to keep 1 player and remove the other. HOWEVER, since Hugo played in 2 rounds, he has to be the one removed. So then in this case, Wolf has to stay in. The losers can switch both players or just one if they want to. Even in the case with the losers, a player who played 2 rounds MUST be switched out.

Edrees & Knives vs Wolf & Gabe
Edrees and Knives win. (Score 2-1)

Round 4:
Wolf was in round 2 & 3 so he has to be removed. Edrees was also in round 2 & 3 so he also has to be removed. Since Deep SoCal won round 3, they have to keep someone in. Since Edrees has to be removed, Knives has to be the one to stay in.

Knives & Champ vs Inks & Omar
Knives & Champ win (score 2-2)

Round 5:
Knives and Champ won the last round, so one has to stay in, but Knives was in 2 rounds so he has to be the one released. Omar, Wolf, and Hugo have been in 2 matches already so they can't substitute. But wait! Champ was also in 2 rounds already too. In this case, both should be removed. Then it would look like this:

Azeem & Mike Y vs Inks & Gabe
Whoever wins this round takes it all. Because everyone has already played in 2 rounds.

First team to 3 points wins.

Does this sound like an idea? Or is it too complicated?

$ick

Smash Lord
Sounds cool, I wouldn't worry about puttin money in, especially if it's just a who can stay after and such, just do it for the fun. It's bitter sweet the first time I'd do this is low tier, just cause low tier is awesome, but I'll probably get *****.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Thomas, is there any reason why Doubles Crews can't be a bit simpler? That is, why not just give each crew 20 lives to distribute evenly between its 4 or 5 members, and keep it like Singles Crews in the way that everyone has the same amount of lives they ended with at the end of their last match.

Some things to consider are:
a)whether or not you're allowed to switch members after each match, so that you can mix it up a bit more and
b)whether or not lifestealing is allowed, since a crew's best player can just leech every match so that he's not limited to just 4 lives. A complication to this would probably be how to deal with players that have 0 stocks by the end of the match. Should he steal his ally's life (if his ally has more than 1 left) so that he can possibly be used again if his team wins that match? Mindgames haha.

And whichever team runs out of stocks first loses.

It seems a lot simpler than yours but there might be a bunch of rule abuses to this system since I haven't really thought it out as much. Yours seems good in the way that there seems to be no way to abuse the rules, but I think mine gives each team more choices. I don't really care too much, either way. Just a suggestion :)

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Come up with an idea and I'll listen. I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. If someone has a better system, please share. Mine is kinda complicated though. Hehe ^_^

nublet06

Smash Lord
the idea of one person staying in is kind of lame IMO. i think there should be set teams of 2 people. so like.....a crew of 3 or 4 teams two people each. it puts more emphasis on team work and picking good characters to compliment eachother.

if one person from the team gets eliminated, he can either take a stock, or the other guy can go in to the next match 2v1 if there are no stocks to take.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Yay! Another tourny that's near me! I was kinda bummed when I learned that it would be a low tier(no Sheik:urg: ), but I'm not bad with some of the lower tiers, so it could be fun. I keep seeing posts that say that Link and Luigi are going to own everyone, but how is that any different from what Fox and Falco do in regular tournies?

Dodger

Smash Ace
It means a team of Y. Link and Link. In Ocarina of Time, Link and his younger self are 7 years apart, age wise.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
And there's an event match called "Seven years" where you have to beat Link with Ylink and it plays the awesome music, but I still lose since i can't use the c stick in one player mode.

Russky

Smash Rookie
Hey im thinking of entering this with a friend but i do not know what low tier is
and why is marth banned(he is banned right)

And is there like a minimum age requirement

Zenith

Smash Ace
Uggh. I'm gonna get killed at this thing... my Roy skills are dead.
Come get messed up by 100 Luigi's, Roy alright, but not recomended

Hey im thinking of entering this with a friend but i do not know what low tier is
and why is marth banned(he is banned right)

And is there like a minimum age requirement
no age rerquirement.
Marth is banned because he is high tier

All of these characters are banned:
Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf

Every1 else is legal.
Do some reading, reading is good.

READ THE 1st POST!!!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey!! I made one small adjustment to the rules. The loser of each round can choose to change character if they want to OR they can decide to stay the same character and instead choose the stage (instead of it being random).

I'm trying to keep counter-picking from getting out of control. (hmmmm. I lost the first round... better go to Yoshi's Story with Marth)

Oh!! And if you choose to ban a stage, you have to announce it BEFORE any of the matches begin. You can't wait for a stage to be selected and then decide you want to ban it. You have to call it beforehand.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Hey!! I made one small adjustment to the rules. The loser of each round can choose to change character if they want to OR they can decide to stay the same character and instead choose the stage (instead of it being random).

I'm trying to keep counter-picking from getting out of control. (hmmmm. I lost the first round... better go to Yoshi's Story with Marth)

Oh!! And if you choose to ban a stage, you have to announce it BEFORE any of the matches begin. You can't wait for a stage to be selected and then decide you want to ban it. You have to call it beforehand.
But isn't Marth banned for being a high tier?

On another note, I could bring a TV, my smash game & memory card, and my Wii.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Everytime some1 says they're gonna bring a Wii, there are no Wii's.
Its only becuz every1 is afraid to bring their brand new Wii's to a place where there are a lot of ppl you don't know, and in the poorest city in California (San Bernardino).

No offense but no1 should post that they're bringin a Wii when they're a little scared of the fact that some1 can steal it.

Top Bottom