• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*~*~*SoCal Low-Tier Tournament*~*~* RESULTS!!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I might go, if someone picks me up from UCR. :D

$ick

Smash Lord
Yo Nublet I'll verify tonight if I have a partner and if not want to team? I'm not bad, esp. in teams. At my last tourny, Luigi's in Riverside, I placed 7th in teams, we bet out gabe and ezyn jay.

Straight

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I can make it this weekend. If I do, I think SoCal Rapesies should enter, what do you say ROFL?

Zenith

Smash Ace
My partner can't make it, so I'm partnerless.

If any1 wants an ok Link/Roy player as their teamate PM me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll teamsies with you Nate if you pick me up :D

Remember Remember, the 30th of December.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Yes. It's still going to happen. I thought I was replying enough. Oh well.... But yeah, I've been working overtime A LOT so I can pay for the discounts and cash prizes for placings. I've been working 12 hour days!! Anyway, PLEASE bring tvs and cubes. Ultra Luigi, are you still coming? We still have to team. And Luigi (Evilnemesis) you'll bring the laptop with the bracket-maker thing right?

Since the microphone will be there, I think I'll just run through the rules briefly at the beginning to reduce confusion. I also plan on posting copies of the rules to help. MLG rules are too confusing (this stage is on random for teams but not singles but you can ban counters but not neutrals on your second turn if it's a full moon on the 3rd saturday of the month with fountain of dreams on for singles but not doubles but random but not.) And MLG has too many ******** random stages (Green Greens, Mushroom Kingdom II, Brinstar)

Zenith

Smash Ace
If I don't get a prtner I won't come, and that means I'm not bringin 2 tv's/cubes

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
k i can probably bring a tv and a cube. we'll see

I'll have to defend my title as best low tier user in socal... "using a real low tier" aka game n watch

not like all those sell outs using luigi link ylink etc

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
If I don't get a prtner I won't come, and that means I'm not bringin 2 tv's/cubes
Why not just ... not do teams? Save money anyway. Teams are boring regardless.

Still don't know if I'll come or want to come, but I'm still good for TVs if I do.

$ick

Smash Lord
lol never heard "I'm not bringing 2 tv's" as a threat.. Just get a partner at the tournament. There is always people yelling about how they need a partner.

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
I have two questions:

#1. I just want to play singles really, so can I just pay for that?

#2. If we bring TV's and game cubes can we get a discount?

$ick

Smash Lord
Well my partner bailed on me.. So I need a partner. Yo Jovan even though you said you only want to do teams how about a pikachu ditto team? Let me know if you'd want to.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
To answer your questions Jovan:

Yes, you can only enter singles.

Yes, if you bring a tv AND cube, you get a $5.00 discount that comes out of my own pocket and not the pot.

Zenith: If you can't find a partner on the boards, wait until that day because there's always someone who needs a partner. Last time I teamed with a little kid.

Everyone: To people who are backing out, I recommend that you don't. Take a look at the pot on the first page. The top 5 placings get money and the top 3 teams get money. So let's say there's 32 people there. That means that 11 people are walking away with money. That's 1 in every 3 people. And considering that this is a low-tier tourney, the same people who win all the major tournaments aren't guaranteed to win in both singles and doubles so even if you're not a pro, your odds of winning are greatly increased. I recommend you stay because if this is successful and we have more, chances are I won't be offering more money to more placings because then the tourney will just sell itself.

Someone else asked what the address was. It's the gym next to a church. When you turn right off the freeway, it's immediately on the right past the stoplight.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Okay people. Don't forget, $5.00 discounts for bringing a tv AND cube. Also, top 5 in singles and top 3 teams win cash so 11 people are walking away with money. I already went to the bank and took out $100.00 in fives. See?

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
To answer your questions Jovan:

Yes, you can only enter singles.

Yes, if you bring a tv AND cube, you get a $5.00 discount that comes out of my own pocket and not the pot.

Zenith: If you can't find a partner on the boards, wait until that day because there's always someone who needs a partner. Last time I teamed with a little kid.

Everyone: To people who are backing out, I recommend that you don't. Take a look at the pot on the first page. The top 5 placings get money and the top 3 teams get money. So let's say there's 32 people there. That means that 9 people are walking away with money. That's almost 1 in every 3 people. And considering that this is a low-tier tourney, the same people who win all the major tournaments aren't guaranteed to win in both singles and doubles so even if you're not a pro, your odds of winning are greatly increased. I recommend you stay because if this is successful and we have more, chances are I won't be offering more money to more placings because then the tourney will just sell itself.

Someone else asked what the address was. It's the gym next to a church. When you turn right off the freeway, it's immediately on the right past the stoplight.
K Thanx ThomaS.

It was me who wanted to know what the place was.

$ick

Smash Lord
Hmm looks like I'm bowing out of this tourny. I originally wanted to go just for the fun of teaming with duckmaster in low tier. I'll prob loose early in singles, my pikachu isn't the greatest so I'd rather just save my money. Still think it's an awesome idea though Thomas.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Well, I'm broke as of now.
I can get $10 in 2 days.

Ok Thomas, I'll hold off on the partner posts, but I better be able to find some1 there.

I'm still stuck on who I should play.
Either Links or Roy, I'm confused:confused:

nublet06

Smash Lord
i think im not going to this anymore. the main reason i go to tournaments is because going with friends is sooo much fun. but my friends dont really play anyone low tier cept for BoA. but if he goes to this he might not be able to go to the bi weekly. so im just gonna save up and go to the bi weekly instead. sorry if a dissapointed anyone. but honestly i would of gotten like last place or something. im only good against fox/falco/marth.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hehe. Thanks for pointing out my terrible math Nashun. It's 11 people that win money. Haha!!

I can't believe how many people are backing out. Why would you want to miss this tournament? Since when do we get a chance to have a tournament this special? I know it's a low-tier tournament, but don't you get tired of playing the same old characters all the time?

I just paid $50.00 to rent a car because I can't drive my crappy car down there. I'm putting a lot of my own money into this so it can be successful. And now people are backing out.

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING!! If you're not ready for this because you don't have confidence in your abilities, then you will NEVER be ready. You might as well just delete your account on Smash Boards and never go to another tournament again, because your skills will never be good enough. You can back out of this tournament because you're not ready, and you WILL back out of the next one because you still won't be ready, and you will continue to back out and hide from the competition, or you can show up, give it your best, and step up to the challenge and be the best that you can be! You can give it your best and if you fail, you will live to fight another day. You will come back again stronger and smarter, or you can give up before the battle begins and just hide from tournaments for the rest of your lives. It's your choice. But it's like Ben Franklin said "People who are good at making excuses aren't good at anything else." It's time to stop making excuses and start living life! Don't be one of the people who says "I wish I was there......"

If you need money, bring a tv and cube and get the discount. If your skills suck, just remember that the playing field is much more even in this tournament than regular tournaments. If you're not sure because there are other tournaments you want to attend, just remember that this kind of tournament is a rare experience and you'll miss out because you wanted to fight Sheik #57 and Fox #98.

I really don't want anyone to back out from this. This is my gift to SoCal for being the best region in all of Smash Boards. I'm really putting a lot of effort into this and I'm sacrificing so much of my own money to make this happen. Please don't back out.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Hey Thomas! Good luck on your tournament!

:)

unfortunately, I can't come either, in fact, couldn't come at all because of entering a piano competition, which is well, tomorrow! lol

Again, I hope it turns out well.

Top Bottom