• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Biweeklies - Saturday, February 16, 2008 (Brawl Coming Soon??)

Huber

Smash Apprentice
Bad News Guys

Hey guys I'm one of the employees at Shuffle and Cut. We made a mistake and noticed that Pokemon Organized Play is renting our play space this Saturday for a big event and there wont be room for any SSBM :( I hate cancelling tournaments but we have to this time. We wont be able to have a tournament on Saturday.

If you guys would like to come in another day as a sort of "make-up" that'd be fine. We are pretty much completely open Mondays/Wednesdays and have room Fridays too.

Sorry about this,
Huber

killer tofu

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm one of the employees at Shuffle and Cut. We made a mistake and noticed that Pokemon Organized Play is renting our play space this Saturday for a big event and there wont be room for any SSBM :( I hate cancelling tournaments but we have to this time. We wont be able to have a tournament on Saturday.

If you guys would like to come in another day as a sort of "make-up" that'd be fine. We are pretty much completely open Mondays/Wednesdays and have room Fridays too.

Sorry about this,
Huber
What kind of pokemon thing is this? Card game? Or DS?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
It's okay if there's no tournament this week. But I think most of us would be happy if you let us know when the next tournament date will be if you know.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey. This is one week after UCLA. I'm not going to UCLA because bad things happen in L.A. So who's planning on attending this?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I'll tell you what happens in LA: If you drive a car that's red or blue, someone will scratch it because it's the color of their rival gang...... not that that's ever happened to me before at a tournament........

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i have a red car =/

WOW, maybe that's why those mexicans acted like they were trying to kill me in LA, remember that haze? LMAO

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Oh man!! I have so many stories of bad things happening to me in L.A. My car getting the words "F**k you" scratched into it was just one of the things.

One time I went with my friends to a formal dance in LA. We had to wear suits and ties because it was really formal. (I'm kinda buzzed right now as I'm typing this.) Anyway, when it was over, there was this drunk homeless guy outside who kept trying to shake everyone's hand who was dressed up. Suddenly, he sees my best friend and me and then he opens up his arms like he wants to hug us. We turned away and walked in the opposite direction so then he started RUNNING after us with his arms open. We took off and ran away and hid in a tunnel. Ever since then, I've been carrying pepper spray with me.

Another time in LA, we were walking down the sidewalk and suddenly we smelled something really bad. Someone pooped on the sidewalk and there were filthy napkins on the ground that they wiped their @$$ with. So nasty!!

Another time we saw someone sleeping on the sidewalk face down. He looked dead but he was just sleeping with no blankets or anything and it was out in the middle of the day.

Countless times I've been harrassed by homeless people. I never give a penny to any of them. They always get mad and start getting loud when I don't give them money. A pregnant homeless lady got mad when we didn't give her money and then she's like "Don't make me start singing." and as we walked away, she started singing really loud trying to draw attention to us.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. So as you can see, for as long as I live, I will try to never go to LA ever again...... even though I was born there.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Oh man!! I have so many stories of bad things happening to me in L.A. My car getting the words "F**k you" scratched into it was just one of the things.

One time I went with my friends to a formal dance in LA. We had to wear suits and ties because it was really formal. (I'm kinda buzzed right now as I'm typing this.) Anyway, when it was over, there was this drunk homeless guy outside who kept trying to shake everyone's hand who was dressed up. Suddenly, he sees my best friend and me and then he opens up his arms like he wants to hug us. We turned away and walked in the opposite direction so then he started RUNNING after us with his arms open. We took off and ran away and hid in a tunnel. Ever since then, I've been carrying pepper spray with me.

Another time in LA, we were walking down the sidewalk and suddenly we smelled something really bad. Someone pooped on the sidewalk and there were filthy napkins on the ground that they wiped their @$$ with. So nasty!!

Another time we saw someone sleeping on the sidewalk face down. He looked dead but he was just sleeping with no blankets or anything and it was out in the middle of the day.

Countless times I've been harrassed by homeless people. I never give a penny to any of them. They always get mad and start getting loud when I don't give them money. A pregnant homeless lady got mad when we didn't give her money and then she's like "Don't make me start singing." and as we walked away, she started singing really loud trying to draw attention to us.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. So as you can see, for as long as I live, I will try to never go to LA ever again...... even though I was born there.
Wow...I've been to LA idunno how many times and the worst thing that happened to me was when a stray bullet flew inside of my barber shop when I was six....( *gasp* 6! ) o_o But other than that nothing much has happened to me.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I'm trying to decide, if I'm not working on saturday, whether to go to this or moogledude's...they're both about the same distance, on one hand this has more tvs and a better venue, but on the other hand moogledude's has free chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and possibly mango...hmmmmm

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'm trying to decide, if I'm not working on saturday, whether to go to this or moogledude's...they're both about the same distance, on one hand this has more tvs and a better venue, but on the other hand moogledude's has free chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and possibly mango...hmmmmm
festizziiioooooo

go to moogles - these happen every 2 weeks, thus there being more of these rather than moogles.

and free ice cream lol you cannot beat that.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Just cause you're from somewhere doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Pomona sucks donkey nuts and I'm not proud to say I'm from here, hence my sig

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i dunno, sometimes my sig shows up, sometimes it doesn't. maybe it has somethin to do with quick reply; i'm posting this with quick reply, so i guess i'll see.

edit: yep.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you have to click 'show your signature' for it to show up with quick reply, its standard on the advanced post option (generally while quoting somebody)

Top Bottom