• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So you know they hacked Wavedashing into brawl right?

Saltix

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRvelIMdAw

Well. Melee people, you've done it :[
You've got your precious Wavedash into brawl, and they're working on finding L-canceling.

What do you plan to do?

Make this a tourney standard? Work harder and make brawl a Melee 2.0? Ignore this?

Do tell. *It looks like it's quite fun to fool with however :p*

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRvelIMdAw

Well. Melee people, you've done it :[
You've got your precious Wavedash into brawl, and they're working on finding L-canceling.

What do you plan to do?

Make this a tourney standard? Work harder and make brawl a Melee 2.0? Ignore this?

Do tell. *It looks like it's quite fun to fool with however :p*
WE'RE THEN GOING TO MAKE FINAL D THE ONLY STAGE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL AM i DOING THIS RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Brawl is still complete garbs even with wavedashing.

Saltix

Smash Lord
So what if one person hacked some junk version of wavedashing into brawl. It wont be accepted, and it looks totally bugged out regardless and probably isnt functional.
By functional, you do mean, "lacking usage in an actual match" correct?

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Man, some people in the smash community REALLY DO have a serious god complex. They have a vision of what they think the game should be like, and their vision is superior, and will do whatever it takes to make their vision into a reality.

The game is what it is, guys. You gotta leave it alone or don't play it :/

Saltix

Smash Lord
Man, some people in the smash community REALLY DO have a serious god complex. They have a vision of what they think the game should be like, and their vision is superior, and will do whatever it takes to make their vision into a reality.

100% agreed.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
By functional, I mean that it seemed to force a ground dodge while moving. It looked like Luigi could kinda attack from it, but it was hard to tell because it looked really buggy and it was training mode.

Gingerrrrrrrr, is attacking the guy really necessary? What makes this guy's vision of the game worth any less than yours?

Master Raven

Smash Master
By functional, I mean that it seemed to force a ground dodge while moving. It looked like Luigi could kinda attack from it, but it was hard to tell because it looked really buggy and it was training mode.

Gingerrrrrrrr, is attacking the guy really necessary? What makes this guy's vision of the game worth any less than yours?
I don't see where Ginger offered any personal vision of Brawl.

The point is, we shouldn't bother to be hacking and making a Melee-esque version of Brawl for the purpose of playing in tournaments, because it's simply a hassle to get Twilight Princess, an SD card, input multiple codes into every Wii at every tournament and etc. It's simply not going to happen any time soon.

darkshu

Smash Rookie
I don't see where Ginger offered any personal vision of Brawl.

The point is, we shouldn't bother to be hacking and making a Melee-esque version of Brawl for the purpose of playing in tournaments, because it's simply a hassle to get Twilight Princess, an SD card, input multiple codes into every Wii at every tournament and etc. It's simply not going to happen any time soon.
Hopefully we don't have to do it at all. Games should be played without cheats tbh.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sometimes the community makes me lol at the funny things they do

like now

:laugh:

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion

maybe he was doing it out of fun or simply demonstrating that its possible and not cause he has some GOD complex >_>
and like NES said wavedashing wont change the fact that brawl is a terrible game *as far as competitive play goes*

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Brawl is Brawl. It is infamous for having a lack of approach techniques and also techniques to speed up slower characters.

Brawl with the addition of directional airdodging and L-canceling is a possibility for Melee 2.0, which is a game that will *probably* never be successful in tournaments because of the requirement for a soft-modded wii, which most people won't ever have.

Regardless, I would DEFINITELY regain interest in Brawl if there was an opportunity to mold it into the game that many Melee players had been hoping for from the start.

Give it a chance!

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Seems pretty cool. I'll never understand why some people are against modding games. If people want to take the time to do so, there's nothing wrong with that. The PC gaming community thrives on players adapting games to suit their needs, so why should a console game be any different?

MattNF

Smash Lord

Who cares? They can do whatever they want. If they want to hack wavedashing in Brawl, they're allowed to. If you don't like it then you can go cry about it.

Saltix

Smash Lord

maybe he was doing it out of fun or simply demonstrating that its possible and not cause he has some GOD complex >_>
and like NES said wavedashing wont change the fact that brawl is a terrible game *as far as competitive play goes*
Maybe he doesn't necessarily have a "GOD complex", but really now, modifying a game to the way a certain group of people wants it, and then releasing it? Wavedashing was left behind for a good reason.

And not lashing out at you in particular, But "Brawl is a terrible game *as far as competitive play goes*" is simply your opinion. Nowhere stated is that a fact. Brawl is the new era of competitve smash and once everyone learns that and quits their whining about Melee 2.0 and Melee being better, the smash community will be much happier.

And for the people that think brawl sucks and that melee is better, we really don't need to hear it in every other post. Your sigs get your your point across. After 7 months, we kinda catch your drift. <3

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
And for the people that think brawl sucks and that melee is better, we really don't need to hear it in every other post. Your sigs get your your point across. After 7 months, we kinda catch your drift. <3
You really did catch our drift? Awesome!!!!

And not lashing out at you in particular, But "Brawl is a terrible game *as far as competitive play goes*" is simply your opinion. Nowhere stated is that a fact. Brawl is the new era of competitve smash and once everyone learns that and quits their whining about Melee 2.0 and Melee being better, the smash community will be much happier.
Oh **** no you didn't. =( So again Brawl sucks. lol

Edit: Sorry if this annoying, but the thread's first post asked for it so bad. XD

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Brawl is not Melee 2.0 but that doesn't make it a bad game. Everything you can say from Melee to Brawl you can also say from 64 to Melee and that doesn't make Melee a bad game. (Apparent lack of balance in characters, No hit stun, no shield stun, hard to gimp, magnets on ledges, no combo potential) People need to learn to accept Brawl the way it is. The smash bros series are all good games; they're just very different to other games(including ones in the series).

Of course you can mod it and play it differently, but how many people are going to give you credit on getting good on a modded game. They'll still be calling you cheap and still be calling Brawl a bad game only you're even more of a jerk because you 'rigged' it in your favor. How many tournaments would play a Brawl with wave dashing and maybe L canceling...none. So for those who mod it, have fun playing a game no one cares about nor you can profit off of.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Of course you can mod it and play it differently, but how many people are going to give you credit on getting good on a modded game. They'll still be calling you cheap and still be calling Brawl a bad game only you're even more of a jerk because you 'rigged' it in your favor. How many tournaments would play a Brawl with wave dashing and maybe L canceling...none. So for those who mod it, have fun playing a game no one cares about nor you can profit off of.
I think Alpha already replied to this point:

Some guy modded it for fun, nobody is gonna play it competitively.

Why is it so difficult for you guys to just let some dude have some fun with HIS game?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
I would actually like to try playing around on some brawl with wavedashing, just to see what some characters are capable of with wavedashing/wavelanding. Would definatly be a lot of fun to play around with but wont be a tournament standard ever.

Id like to try it out for myself to see how good it is since the kid that posted the video said the following in the more info section:

"L-Canceling is very difficult to do here. I never really used L-Canceling, but I know some Brawl characters (like Toon Link) are able to pull it off with accurate timing."

So Id really like to see how this works out with a more capable person playing the game, directional airdodging shouldnt create L-Cancling but if for some reason this code did it would make some characters a lot more interesting.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
hooooooooooz gonna get sad about some guy's home project that will never go more than 3 miles in any direction of his house

man brawl players

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I pretty much agree with those saying that we should leave the game alone (despite my dislike of it).
This code would be cool to mess around with, and that's about it. Most people who play Brawl do so because they like the game the way it is.
Everybody who doesn't play Melee anymore but sees this mod as potential for growth just needs to come back. I'd rather see more Melee activity than attempts to change Brawl.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I just tested it on my Wii. It worked with Luigi, but when I tried to air-dodge with ROB it crashed the game.

Looks like it still has bugs. :ohwell:

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
brawl is still a much slower game than melee, with wavedashing or not.

IMO, all these hacks aren't really worth it. they're cool to experiment with i guess, but yeah..... i'll play melee for all that.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
BRAWL ****ING FAILS
now what are you going to do O_o
edit: Im letting you know this is a joke so you guys dont go emo on me XD

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Brawl is a very lax competitive game i.e. it's not very good. I don't want to pull up threads and debates and etc because that will cause a big storm.

However, look at it from the point of view of what most competitive games contain. You'll find that Brawl lacks 90% of what is needed to be competitive and fair. For Jesus' sake (no offense religious people lol) but the "community" is already banning Metaknight, and we havn't even had the game for a year.

The wavedash hack isn't enough on it's own to make the game good. What's needed isn't neccesarily a wavedash, but rather, more offensive options. And that's just to start. We have a long ways to go before I (or anyone I'd think) can accept Brawl as a "good" competitive game.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I finished testing and found the following:

- It works for every character
- If you try to air-dodge with ROB the game will crash. Though only in the air, as a WD is ok.
- It only works with your original character. So if you switch between Zelda/Sheik or the PT, it goes back to Brawl's original air-dodge. When you switch back, it returns to Melee mode.
- Popo will WD, Nana will jump & air-dodge. You can wave land together successfully though.
- MK & Kirby's WDs are the best so far IMO. Both are quick, a great spacing distance (not super slide) and Kirby stays super low to the ground.
- Puff's is the best for wave landing though, SH aerials into a super slide waveland *****.
- Diddy can pick up his bannana with a WD.
- Snake's is hillarious.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
they work like normally wavedashes/lands? As in you can do anything during it? And what about L-Canceling? Let us know if you do any l-cancel testing.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I find it ironic that WDing in Brawl is more difficult to do correctly than in Melee.

If you WD the same way you do in Melee, most likely you'll get a short WD, similar to making Samus stop short during a SWD by doing any sort of directional input while she's sliding. It seems to me the best way to WD with this is to aim your airdodge fully horizontally, then smash down immediately after. If you aim your airdodge into the ground just below the horizontal like you can in Melee, you end up with a really short WD.

Also I thought Sonic's was pretty funny lookin

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
OMG Slynkee, I just tried out Samus with WD and she's completely broken.

Air-dodge a direction, grapple afterward, air-dodge another direction, grapple afterward, airdoge & grapple a 3rd time, still have 2nd jump and up-b. Who needs bomb jumping?

Doing z-air on people is super easy now. Just go forward/backward/in place and zap them without barely leaving the ground. There's no lag upon landing with z-air so it's a perfect approach, retreat, combos, and easy to chase people around.

Waveland off platforms into missiles seems like it works but I'll have to get the hang of it more.

Seriously, I hate her Brawl form but playing her now is super fun & broken.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh, sounds fun. I didn't try Samus when I was messing around. I tried ZSS for a minute thinking her glide toss length would mean her WD would be awesome, until I realized it was not so much.

I'll have to play around with that stuff now. :D

Top Bottom