• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So....I played Melee again today...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I find it weird that I can take a break from Melee without playing it at all, and still come how pwn at it. Weird, but still, I like both, but I think I've permanently adjusted to Brawl. Mewtwo isn't as good as Lucario.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I have to stop the lies now, guys.

Everybody who plays Melee after playing Brawl for a long time is immediately possessed as soon as they wavedash, not bored by it or amazed. They, if you look in the mirror, the devil himself will come out of your ribcage and say, "F*ck you, _____!" You are now absoluted. If it would help you feel better, you may want to confess to a Pro-Melee Mod.

So stop the madness guys.

The only thing that sucks in Melee is Kirby. Whoever says otherwise is a douche.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I prefer melee, I'm alot more used to the speed of the game and for the fact that Doc owns, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, brawl is fun, I like playinog against my friends on wi-fi and I like ZSS and all, but I'm more comfortable with melee's inner workings and most of my friends prefer melee anyway.

I remember once I wrote an SAT style paper in English on any topic we want, and I wrote about how melee is better than brawl and my entire class turned into a giant argument over it. It was rather funny.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I used to love Melee and for me, it is a better game, but I'm so used to Brawl now, I can't go back. I do miss the wavedashing, L-cancelling, metaknight-free tournaments....but I guess I've just adapted =/ sorry Mewtwo!

p.s. Mewtwo is far better han Lucario.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yet another form of bunny betraying kirby >_>
*Sigh*
Actually, I'm using him alot more again. As soon as I stopped using him, my skill with ICs went down a little. They must be connected or something.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Lol so I played Brawl the other day...

and was just as disappointed as before.

Seriously, I don't see how anyone who is good at smash to prefer Brawl over Melee. Many pros only play it because they can make more money off of it. it's just sad. It's also extremely sad that the community had to even CONSIDER hacking the game to make it good (I do support Brawl+ btw)

Also, pet peeve of mine: People saying brawl has more strategy than Melee.

It's simply not true. the developers simply took everything out and dumbed everything down so that strategy was pretty much the only thing left. Melee is faster, has exponentially more technical depth, it actually rewards the players for getting better at it by getting more exciting instead of more campy. Melee has just as much strategy (arguably more due to having more options), but also has a technical side that keeps players on their toes and rewards those who know how to play

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, I couldn't get into Melee myself anymore because how bad Kirby, only characters I played becides Kirby was just Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario, and the graphics made me not want to play. x_x

Oracle

Smash Master
Brawl is actually less about strategy than melee. Its just more evident in brawl because of its slow speed, lack of AT's and hitstun, etc.

Example- I'm sheik, he's marth. i'm just chillin over here dashdancing. To get close to him, I can
a. Run up and dash attack if I space it right
b. run up and DAC grab
c. Try to run up and WD to ftilt and start to combo him
Or, I can play defensively to try and get him to come to me
a. I can flashy WD back and forth and up and down on platforms and Bair/nair when he gets close
b. needle camp him so he is forced to approach. When he fairs to approach from the air, I''ll WD aways

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Brawl is actually less about strategy than melee. Its just more evident in brawl because of its slow speed, lack of AT's and hitstun, etc.

Example- I'm sheik, he's marth. i'm just chillin over here dashdancing. To get close to him, I can
a. Run up and dash attack if I space it right
b. run up and DAC grab
c. Try to run up and WD to ftilt and start to combo him
Or, I can play defensively to try and get him to come to me
a. I can flashy WD back and forth and up and down on platforms and Bair/nair when he gets close
b. needle camp him so he is forced to approach. When he fairs to approach from the air, I''ll WD aways
That's quite possibly the worst example ever. For obvious reasons.

Personally, I'm torn. Melee has more options, while Brawl has more time to strategize, with less options.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I play both. I have friends who still play Melee but since most of the tourneys are Brawl, I play that often too. I wouldn't really say Melee is better than Brawl, because it depends on what you're looknig for in a game. However, I will say that through the eyes of a fighting game enthusiast, Melee is obviously more technical and therefore more rewarding for people who enjoy more technical, skill-oriented fighting games.

Energy Whip

Smash Cadet
Melee was one of my favorite Gamecube games but Mario Kart Double Dash took over but I would say Brawl is the best Wii game for me but Melee brings back good memories.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
I'll settle for being on the "Both are great" front. I just prefer Brawl more.
I second that. The main reason I do not play Melee is NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY. I live in a neighbourhood with old people and kids that play football and other sports and not Smash. Do you know how irritating it is to try to get someone over? Th epeople who DO play NEVER take it too seriously. They think it is a joke. With wi-fi I can play with people who actually are serious and want to play without being cheap about everything.

DON'T GET ME WRONG. I LOVE Melee. It still is a great game, but without anyone to play with, it gets really lame.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know you care, you wouldn't had replied. =P

But yea, my post was a joke post if people didn't get it, (hopfully some people won't be misinformed).

MattNF

Smash Lord
You know you care, you wouldn't had replied. =P

But yea, my post was a joke post if people didn't get it, (hopfully some people won't be misinformed).

You're right, I completely care about some weeaboo scrub's opinion on an internet video game forum. How did you know?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Flame War! Flame War! I want one NOW!

Play Melee.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I really enjoy playing both games. I've played both enough so that I can make the transition smoothly between each so that my Brawl Sheik doesn't even mess up my Melee Sheik at all. yayuhzzz!

Lovely

Smash Lord
I haven't played Smash Brothers Deluxe in a while, I still have it but I haven't played anything Gamecube related in a year since I move way to school. I'll say Deluxe was fun when the Gamecube lasted. ♥

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
The only thing,
or reason i prefer brawl..nvm
im not gonna say i prefer, but the only
thing i like about brawl is being able to play
online. but without that, melee is way better,
in my opinion XD

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Melee online would be AWFUL.

Brawl's online is pretty crappy and it moves slowly. Melee would be completely laggy and it would be even more noticeable.

Top Bottom