• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Nobody even tries to defend brawl in ssb4 threads, and everybody in the melee threads already knows how trash brawl is. There must be one place on SWF where peeps would try to defend brawl, I think it's here because IC's are supposed to be the most tech heavy chars in brawl.

:phone:

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Prediction is native to all fighting games. It only appears prevalent in brawl because of how limited the characters are. Everybody can predict when there are so few good characters and each of those characters have a handful of broken moves that people can spam....... I suggest melee if You want to watch something fun.

You know, you really make my Smashboards experience entirely less enjoyable than it normally is.
I wish there were a way to entirely block the things you post from my account, because you're literally such a blind and backwards thinker that even reading your posts has a negative impact on my intelligence and the intelligence of my future children.

Every time you post on this board, on which you are CLEARLY not welcome, you post only to attempt to start an argument about Brawl v. Melee.
Believe me when I say that if you had more thinking capacity than a newt, you'd see how actually hilariously ironic the statement you're making is.
Melee only has a few good characters, which are all so good they just invalidate the rest of the cast.

That will be my only mention of that game, as we're definitely in the BRAWL boards, and should be talking about BRAWL.

Now before you go about saying that this is a social and we can talk about whatever we want, it's also not very sociable to go around looking for a rise out of people.
People like you back in high school got written up for being a prick in class.
I am sick and it's my damn birthday, and all I ****ing want you to do is cease to breathe.

or at least never post here again.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Its common knowledge melee is more balanced than brawl. Nice try. Saintkai, I honestly hope your illness is getting the better of you that's where all this nastyness stems from. I hate brawl, but I like most of the brawl players I've met. If you ARE as dumb as your post suggests your future child are doomed... Get well soon, I guess.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Next post that hints about melee or brawl superiority gets major inappropriate content infracted or something along those lines :p

Been nice about warnings, gonna go in.

Take it where someone cares, thanks. MOVE ON

B0NK

Smash Lord
Its common knowledge melee is more balanced than brawl. Nice try. Saintkai, I honestly hope your illness is getting the better of you that's where all this nastyness stems from. I hate brawl, but I like most of the brawl players I've met. If you ARE as dumb as your post suggests your future child are doomed... Get well soon, I guess.

Who da **** is this guy? LMAO

Funniest get well card imo

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Jiggs is more or the same in brawl right? Slight range reduction on BAir is the only change I think they wouldve implemented.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That, and all of her throws suck and she has less aerial control (She can't weave in and out AS well, although she can still do it well).

dettadeus

Smash Lord
jigglypuff sucks in brawl for a variety of reasons

even though she is secretly top-tier

she does still have among the highest aerial mobilities in the game (as far as air speed goes, I think only Yoshi has a higher one, but some chars have better acceleration like Wario)

SoulPech

Smash Master
Jiggs is the best character in the game. Her fresh fair kills around 100-110 on most characters, Dash atk kills around that percent as well, Dair + Rest 2 gud, and rollout kills early. not to mention, stuffing out options with bair is pretty fun. And Nair OOS? fugetabodit.

no she's bad, but still secretly Top tier.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Hi guys...

Yep. I'm back.
And I wanted to say I'm sorry. I was stupid back in the day. It won't happen again.
From now on, I only share knowledge I know is true, and if it is slightly incorrect, I will immediately recant that claim and say the true information in its place.

No more assumptions. I was dumb.

Not that it matters, because I don't play ICs anymore. But even still, you guys got the worst of it, and I'm sorry.
Not anymore. Now I'm dedicated to smash, I wasn't then, I didn't care. Now I really care. I love the scene.
And I'm not going to be dumb or troll it anymore.

Also hi new ICs who have no idea what's going on.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I played some friendlies today w/ a friend, and I feel I have a lot of potential w/ ICs. I'm not very good @ CGs or starting Desycns quite yet, but I'm decent when they are desync and I know how to keep them going. I'm not quite there yet when it comes to choosing the right decisions while recovering, and upclose situations like spotdoding instead of attacking or grabbing instead of attacking. I really need to work on my buffering in general w/ all my characters. ICs and other top tiers seem to have an easier time autocanceling their moves and buffering their setups than Pit it seems. ICs seem more free in movement than Pit even though their run is a little slower.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Don't over complicate things for yourself. Just get comfortable playing as them and make sure to space your moves well. If you're thinking about what your next move is going to be instead of your opponent's, you're going to struggle a lot more.

The only tech skill you need to worry about is the timing on your chain grabs.

Once you're comfortable, then you can worry about other things.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
ICs having better movement than Pit is ummmmmmm

questionable

That's a nice way to put it lol

Unless you mean "more free" in the colloquial sense

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ic's have better movement than every character in the game.

They can move in both directions at the same time <_< >_>

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
ICs having better movement than Pit is ummmmmmm

questionable

That's a nice way to put it lol

Unless you mean "more free" in the colloquial sense
They just feel a lot better in my hands than Pit, and the way they feel/move feels less restrained. Idk it might be too hard to explain but I'm really sensitive to character feel and can pick up on the small details not many people understand.

Top tiers have an easier control time in their movement and way they can laglessly move around with their attacks and dashes. Diddy/Oli/ICs feel similar in their movement and attacks.

But yeah ill try to take it easy and try to master CGs 1st.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I suck with ICs. I lose to ryo :(. My freeCS.

Will anyone here play ICs still in next smash even if they lose their cgs?

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Don't listen to SSBBDaisy. He's actually very good and always loses to Ryo in grand finals at the local tourneys in his region. Though what you both said is true, beating Ryo is still very hard.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
SSBB Daisy is like the realest troll ever, I can't tell if he's being fake or not half the time. I played him @ Waba and he definitely knows his stuff.

Ike is a personal bad matchup w/ my ICs. I don't know how to CG him, and he has too much range :/

Top Bottom