• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I have an awesome replay of Me vs Ryo (FRIENDLEES) where nana just stops when he fsmashes and then immediatley runs to me right when he finishes it. Was on Frigate. Funny as hell. Salt was made.

Just waiting on friend to upload it D:.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It's been known to happen on any stage with moving platforms

:phone:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
yea but what was odd was that Frame perfectly (I think thats the right term) she stopped while he was charging fsmash then ran to me as soon as ike's fsmash finished.

ps: she stood right behind him (kinda close) while he was doing it to.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
ok here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dQbDu-DFZlE#t=47s

Happens at 00:46 sorry I don't have capture card I had to use the camera. I still have the replay if someone wants me to send it to them.

I've got some things to correct myself of what I said earlier cause I just got to review the replay after several months.

Nana dosen't run after ike does the fsmash RIGHT away. She does delay it a little when she could have ran to me sooner.

It seems like she runs to me as soon as I get to where I can land on the stage.

Sorry for my bad english/logic.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
yea. I thought that might be something Delux already knew about. But look at that ****. My nana don't take Fsmashes O_O.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, I've pretty much quit brawl for good. Haven't played in months and have no desire to. Fun times developing this character with all of you and see you around maybe if you are at a melee or PM tournament.

DeLux

Same for me too

Except for the part about not playing for months. And the melee and PM garbage. Exchange brawl for ICs and then it works :p

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
So I Apex is over and something got into my head:

Considering we end up playing Sopo a lot of times, maybe even up to 50% of the match (especially against characters that gimp Nana easily like Diddy or MK), wouldn't it be wise to have at least a small matchup thread for Sopo only? With a short summery of things you can do. For example setups out of the d-dthrow, maybe tips and tricks that work as sopo, what your best recovery/killing options are and so on.

DeLux

MU summary for every character with Sopo:

Pray to whatever deity you believe in that they misspace something and can usmash oos them
Alternatively, get them off the ground and hope they are above 160. Then Uair frame trap them to Bair

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
^^^^^ Except 9B who took two stocks off ADHD. ICs get camped to death by MK as shown by Anti/Otori. Golly, this character can't do anything about timeouts :'(

DeLux

Well you see, Diddy has these things called Bananas
We can use those to infinite Diddy if we so choose :p

Or at the very least take advantage from neutral to setup a situation where we can make a kill out of a read.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
MU summary for every character with Sopo:

Pray to whatever deity you believe in that they misspace something and can usmash oos them
Alternatively, get them off the ground and hope they are above 160. Then Uair frame trap them to Bair
Pretty much this. Also use more blizzard and also pray to nana they don't try to time you out if you don't have the lead.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
chasing characters around because of the ice climbers' great air mobility is such an easy task!

unfortunately not :(

btw where was lux at apex? :/

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I can't drop this character quite yet. My control is showing a lot of improvement, and this character is too fun to drop. Plus 9B, Nakat, Vinnie, Esam, & Smoom have inspired me too much. Delux & Hylian for most knowledgeable IC players. Big D deserves a cookie.

Sorry this is so random, lol.

DeLux

I didn't go

I had to withdraw due to some family issues
(IE my father had surgery so I was on call in case things went south)

It kind of sucked because I have actually been really playing solid as of late and had some new technology that I was going to unveil at apex lol

Maybe next national

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hey guys, Looking to use IC's in some way or another. They seem fun because people get so scared of getting grabbed they make themselves predictable

so yeah, hi

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
i wonder when you'll get annoyed of all the lame things you will face whilest playing ice climbers :)

but feel welcome nontheless. new ic players are always welcome. but it's going to be tough.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i wonder when you'll get annoyed of all the lame things you will face whilest playing ice climbers :)

but feel welcome nontheless. new ic players are always welcome. but it's going to be tough.
I main ike and ganon, I'm fairly sure I can come to terms with lame ice climber things, they get more than enough in return XD

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
How are ICs bad? And @ GP, you'll want to quit this character many times before you see any progress. Expect some results in a months worth of time put in.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
How are ICs bad? And @ GP, you'll want to quit this character many times before you see any progress. Expect some results in a months worth of time put in.

I got time and a best friend who mains them. I have a good idea of whats up for a bit, All I need is to get the CG down :B
Plus I only need to learn it for a few characters so im all good

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Plus I only need to learn it for a few characters so im all good
This will turn into a problem with counterpicks but if you only have to force them off their character for one game then I guess so.
I try going Icies in every matchup most of the time. I faced a ZSS yesterday who actually played the MU right though and it was absolutely terrible. I let striking go to Castle Siege because I figured I could get a Dthrow > Dthrow all the way to the end of the stage on the 2nd transformation (or a Dthrow > Fair > IB lock, which I tried at one point but they weren't at a high enough percent to fall on the ground from the fair ;c) but they got like a 5% lead and floated around the stage for the entire match. Then I somehow beat them with Ness game 2 on SV. >_>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its okay, The characters Im concerned about are just mk, olimar and D3. With the way the UK is, the people who use olimar and d3 who might change will just go to mk. so it covers all of ikes terrible MU's

DeLux

Siege would actually be a decent stage in the MU for a variety of reasons though if you know what you're doing

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I think CS is a great stage for ICs. With all those opprotunities to cg someone to the kill zone on the 2nd part or during the transitions if ur quick enough. EVEN WITH SOPO. If a snake at low percents gets grabbed by even sopo u can dthrow cg him and kill him on the side of the stage.

Some broken ****.

Roller

Smash Legend
DeLux sold me on CS last APEX. lol

Also. Über motivated to improve after APEX.

I hadn't been practicing at all prior to it, and threw a 2 stock lead over shaky from a billion dropped grabs. =/

I did wind up making bracket (3rd seed) by beating Cassio aka The Truth aka Tagxy (pika), then Izumi (toon link), then TeeVee (Rob/mk) then Pink Fresh (Lucas).

In bracket I managed to beat Yoshq, but that was it.

Also. New England Hazed me SO hard in my match vs fatal. /salt

Alsoalso. Hey GP! =]

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hey roller! Good to see you again at APEX if only breifly!

Just gotta point this out now: Ice climbers are top tier at Boss-battles

ch33s3

Smash Lord
2 stock is very very fun for ICs.

Also I managed to choose frigate and delfino, as ICs, and win on both, in tourney. Then I got slapped by a snake. t.t

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Swordguard Dash Grabbed Holy's Fair on Shield on the 2nd match of BF last stock! Maybe that testing thing does work and goes in IC's favor in that situation? I didn't check the spacing of it.

And also, how does IC use Castle Seige? I want to learn that stage as a surprise counter-pick because people will expect me to use Pit.

Top Bottom