• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It's not a legit m2k set unless he takes the time limit off and does 99 stocks btw ;)

DeLux

Me Losing to Pierce if you like to watch quick desyncing game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4hPt9LJ_yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmZwaEQotvI

I seem to remember dropping more grabs, but really, I don't remember much of the match for reasons I won't disclose in public.

Resolved: I will never lose to Marth ever again

Critique if you want, but I have about two full word document pages of critique of myself already
If it's at all desired, I'll do commentary video listing every desync option I used and why

Roller

Smash Legend
Critique if you want, but I have about two full word document pages of critique of myself already
If it's at all desired, I'll do commentary video listing every desync option I used and why
I would actually REALLY like to see/hear that vid. And all I'm going to say is, don't be so aggro when you are up a stock; and you should have had game 2. =[

DeLux

Yeah.

One line of my self critique was
"WHY ARE YOU APPROACHING WITH A STOCK LEAD OMFG ASDKLFJASLJKFALSJKF"

Gotta TRUST the gameplan more

DeLux

A few of those, I was trying to multi ISSDI a fair on my shield. He did not fair my shield though :\

A few other times I saw, I knew I had a grab read on landing, I just hit grab like 30 frame too early for some ******** reason

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I would actually REALLY like to see/hear that vid. And all I'm going to say is, don't be so aggro when you are up a stock; and you should have had game 2. =[
^This.

Yeah.

Dude, I have the same problem. =/

Another line should be
"WTF AM I GRABBING AT IF HE'S LIKE 5 FEET OUTSIDE OF MY GRAB RANGE"
^This too.

You went for alot of blatant grabs when you had a percent lead. It's best to sit back and just keep up a steady blizzard wall until he's overly committed to getting in.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Yeah.

Lux, so many times this. x) You were pretty much outplaying him, IMO, putting pretty constant damage on him, but then you kept approaching. -.-

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
To stop me from random grabs, I just started thinking:

Is it really better to risk a grab, which if I don't get it, I could get separated or even worse killed.
or
To stay safe by using my head and using a safe option out of shield, which most will throw them out of attack range for the most part, rack up damage so that even if I get a grab I have to do less reps, can be set up for possible safe grab set ups, etc.?

So now I just wait till I set up for the grab, they do something I know I've read/reacted to properly, or they do something really, really stupid or laggy.

DeLux

Jordan, you need to get a cap card for the love of God lol

DeLux

I actually get motion sick via shaky camera
Like super motion sick
Like I can't watch/play melee because it makes me want to barf because of the camera

I had to watch your set in increments lol
you have like 50 vids. Get a cap card. they are like 15 bucks

B0NK

Smash Lord
Me Losing to Pierce if you like to watch quick desyncing game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4hPt9LJ_yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmZwaEQotvI

I seem to remember dropping more grabs, but really, I don't remember much of the match for reasons I won't disclose in public.

Resolved: I will never lose to Marth ever again

One thing that really stuck out to me was always ledge hopping for the ledge >.< I'd suggest mixing up your return to the stage more, whether from the ledge or while recovery. Pierce continuously punished that habit of yours over and over again.

Everyone else said the other obvious things =P

Very interesting play-style though, enjoyed watching ^_^

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
80 minute training sessions, woo woo.

I can now do the Fthrow cg consistently and end it with Usmash or Fair; it's all coming together...

Though it feels weird using Nana to Usmash because I don't get a rumble...Oh yeah, new controller is still fresh and crisp, **** yeah.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
80 minute training sessions, woo woo.

I can now do the Fthrow cg consistently and end it with Usmash or Fair; it's all coming together...

Though it feels weird using Nana to Usmash because I don't get a rumble...Oh yeah, new controller is still fresh and crisp, **** yeah.
Good, even though the last thing about the CG you worry about is the finish.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Soo..thoughts on my matchs with M2K? Aside from them giving lux motion sickness lmao.

DeLux

You would stop getting hit out of desyncs if you used LD1 out of shield drop or run cancel instead of dash dance desync.

You need to stop dash grabbing your dthrow > dthrow > Bthrow Transfers for tripping reasons.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
For some reason grabbing after dthrow with popo is like impossible...It's just his grab is so late, I can't ever remember that Nana's is mega early and than Popo's is later...

However, dthrow > fthrow works just fine for me.

Also, for some reason, I have a much harder time fthrow chaingrabbing metaknight...

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I never Fthrow MK, I always time/space it incorrectly.

You have to get used to Dthrow timing man, takes a while, plus Dthrow is different timings unlike Fthrow which is universal.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I've always thought of Dthrow as the easiest >.<

The timings are pretty similar between each weight group. Just grab when the shockwave appears.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'll admit I do enjoy the dthrow chaingrab because of how it looks, dribbling people is pretty damn cool.

Like, I'm good for the first few grabs, but then I miss with Popo because I grab too early :\ I'll of course keep practicing. Does the timing change because weight affects how long the grab animation is? Because I know that Game and Watch's grabs work that way, and that's really the only way I can think the timings would change.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I dunno, when I practice I often mess up walking dthrow cg on mk, but pretty much absolutely never mess up the dthrow grab, dthrow dash so I just take the chance of tripping and do that.

I also like the dash dance desynch a lot because I can trip out of it or just not do anything. I like when I trip during it because it often leads to grab or easy damage when they try to punish. The main problem I think is that I shouldn't be desynching when he's gliding at me lol.

I do need to learn your desynchs though :(.

Top Bottom