• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Right. It's good that you don't count playing M2K a lot in the past week. Because most people would, and tbh he is free and can't really be considered actual practice.

Considering I have a ton of extra hours the next few days before I leave (to help afford my 8 day trip to cali), I don't expect to get in much practice. =/
Nah, I only played him for about 1-2 hours in brawl, the rest of the time we played melee, so I probably got worse at brawl from him being here LOL I suck at brawl when I play melee and vise-versa :/. He just slept the rest of the time he was here.

Also by practice I mean practicing my chaingrabs.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
D-throw > F-throw.
Problem solved. Not only does F-throw do more base damage than D-throw (8 compared to 6), you'll stale both less.
This is partially correct.

Nana's actions don't count towards the stale move queue and at the same time she remains on the same staleness as Popo.

So if you were to Popo dthrow > Nana Fthrow > Repeat

You'd have a stale dthrow with a fresh fthrow.

If you did Popo Dthrow > Nana Fthrow > Popo Fthrow > Nana Dthrow

You'd keep your moves fresher

However, I don't know what the DPS is for each throw specifically and whether it's better to stale one throw and keep fthrow fresh or to attempt to less stale both over the course of the average 16 throws of a CG

ch33s3

Smash Lord
This is partially correct.

Nana's actions don't count towards the stale move queue and at the same time she remains on the same staleness as Popo.

So if you were to Popo dthrow > Nana Fthrow > Repeat

You'd have a stale dthrow with a fresh fthrow.

If you did Popo Dthrow > Nana Fthrow > Popo Fthrow > Nana Dthrow

You'd keep your moves fresher

However, I don't know what the DPS is for each throw specifically and whether it's better to stale one throw and keep fthrow fresh or to attempt to less stale both over the course of the average 16 throws of a CG
And it's also not worth the math to figure out. Just do what's most comfortable, at most it'll add 3 or 4 throws (max) and that's insignificant compared to an increased completion rate.

DeLux

But Cheese, what if you're equally consistent with all the CGs? For example, I am equally bad with all the CGs. Meaning knowing which one requires the least amount of throws is better. We shouldn't place such a tremendous burden on the player to player judgment when there's an easy technically correct answer

What if you got a grab with 12 seconds left on rainbow cruise?

What if you got a grab as PS1/2 is transforming?

etc etc etc

This stuff matters.

DeLux

Wrong Smoom, there's a really easy way if you know to time your CGs to keep the CG alive

DeLux

ur wrong lux when we played you messed up like:

0% on heavies

50% lightwieght

100% midweights
I think I mentioned on numerous occasions in the thread that I had an easier time CGing heavies than I did lights

IDK I was having a really bad CG day. I was confused why I was still in bracket because I was like at about 4pm that day, "I think I'm going to forfeit out because I am so sick". I had 1 or 2 first grab to deaths in bracket out of like 50 grabs that day. In friendlies, I think the only people I consistently CG'd the whole time was your snake and Tmacc's everything but ROB. So many drops against your metaknight on halberd it was sad because I pulled all the anti sharking gimmicks in the world :(

But now I don't CG the same at all anymore, at least, I'm going to go full tripless next tourney I hit. First Springfield, the StL the week after

Double or Nothing on our "Convert Future back to ICs" MM at OS3?

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I had actually taken him to game 3 and got him to around 60% last stock before I lost. It was a nice accomplishment for me :D
Same! Except he had two stocks. For some reason, don't let him take you to Yoshi's.
Also, we're perfectly capable of winning on FD right? I'm not crazy, am I?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
But it's also Diddy's second best. Arguably. People argue for SV because he can control almost the entire stage because it's smaller.
So I was wondering if Diddy @ FD was a good idea. I thought it was.
I prefer to fight Diddy with platforms, makes it easier to punish banana pulls.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I don't like fighting Diddy's on FD. I usually just aerial camp there.
It may just be me, but I like BF the most against Diddy.
I don't mind SV but I play pretty campy there against Diddy also.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I'm so BAWS that I counterpicked Player-1 there...after he beat me there. x)
LIKE A BAWS.
but nah, BF just allows him to pull some shenanigans with insta-throwing in my opinion. SV, I feel like I can't escape. x) Just no room.

Contradicting opinions must agree to disagree, I suppose.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Practiced all day, I'm not going to place well at Genesis lol I'm so much worse than I used to be :/. Oh well going to be fun either way :p.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Funs all that counts! :3
Come on hylian, you'll do good.
Second best icies ever, better hope you do some good at genesis!
Otherwise out character is hopeless.
So the fate of our character relies on your bracket placing.

No pressure.

:phone:

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I haven't touched CG practice in over a month, and I'm going to **** at Genesis. Also Hylian, are we partying one night?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm up to party. We'll see :p.

We should post our pools:

Havok(MK/Snake/Marth)
Hylian
Weruop(Olimar)
Koga(????)
gtKarma(????)

Anyone know the other two characters?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know but I was better at whobo than I am now so we'll see :/. I'm just there to have fun either way :).

Gonna try my best regardless though.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Kismet (MK/Falco)
Iktomi (Lucario/Snake/MK?)
Corimon (?)
Goku (?)
Superboom (Snake)

Help me out if you know better.

Roller

Smash Legend

TKD (fox)
Auto (is getting moved out of my pool, unfortunately. He's a pika.)
Kiraflax (Pit/ROB) Which do you think he will use? If ROB, I need advice, and I may go pika..
Dragoomba (no idea, help)
Jamnt0ast (ROB) Again, I need help vs ROB, a lot of help. I literally never play any...

DeLux

TKD (fox)
Auto (is getting moved out of my pool, unfortunately. He's a pika.)
Kiraflax (Pit/ROB) Which do you think he will use? If ROB, I need advice, and I may go pika..
Dragoomba (no idea, help)
Jamnt0ast (ROB) Again, I need help vs ROB, a lot of help. I literally never play any...
TKD also has a pretty decent metaknight, keep that in mind

Automatic is legit dude and I hope he does well

Kir would go ROB against you if he knows you play ICs. Double blind him there too. He's ROB is GOOD at the ICs matchup. He beat me in tourney, although to be fair I Johned of the Ice Climber him AND I'm bad at the ROB matchup. I could beat his pit with ICs though

IDK who the other two are

ROB matchup:

Unless you're good at landing and out of shield desyncing options, you're going to want to play this matchup super synced. And even IF you can do those two, which IDK any other IC but me that uses those, it's still debatable if desyncing helps at all and probably would only hurt you.

Kir likes to Bair into your shield if it's low because I swear that move shield pokes every time. He also Dsmashes much less than any other ROB I have every played, and I've played an extensive list of ROBs, so if you're looking to capitalize on desperation dsmashes, you won't get them from him. Your best bet is to try to bait that bair into you and IPG it. That's how I got my grabs unless I was able to shield grab it.

If they laser or gyro, you should be able to counter that with a synced squall as long as you're not obvious every time. If you pick up gyro, keep it because a gyro on the ground blocks the entire IB game from occurring. Hold it, bait a laser, and then go into desync mode to force them above you.

Ftilt has stupidly good range, and so does dtilt while being fast.

If separated, ROB has that wall of pain, but most of the moves that hit you won't separate. The only moves that you really need to worry about being separated by is Dsmash and Nair. Fortunately you can see Nair coming a mile away, but it has kill potential and a weird hitbox. Dsmash is fast, usually comes after a landing or a spot dodge, but you can DI out of it up like a pikachu Dsmash only it's slightly harder.

Blizzarding them while they are on the ledge makes them run out of fuel or at least makes them commit to going far offstage and back to recover. ROB has a major blindspot beneath him, so it's uair city

Roller

Smash Legend
Thanks Lux! I'll keep all that stuff in mind. And yeah, I'm expecting to get TKD's MK or Marth. But I have an idea of what I'm doing in those mu's. Going to sleep now, flight in the morning. See you other ICs going there, wish me luck!

DeLux

Oh, Kir is also a violent as hell masher lol

Like startling level of violent

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yay rob mu help!
There's a rob in my reigon who ate up my jiggly.
Wanna try and go icies if I play him again.
I'm going through tourney withdrawl.
I'm trying to host one...

:phone:

Smoom77

Smash Master
Also to add, almost everything they hit your shield with is nair-able. Ftilt, dtilt, dsmash, fair, whatever. Nair is really important in this matchup.

Top Bottom