• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

B0NK

Smash Lord
Well I did good and bad at the same time. =/

Good news, I beat gimr. Bad news, I lost to a random.

/shame
Lol @ this guy calling my brother's (SOVAman's) D3 a random.

Dude has definitely has been more active in the scene longer than you.

Yeah guys, D3 vs IC's is sooooo bad for D3, amirite?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Lol @ this guy calling my brother's (SOVAman's) D3 a random.

Dude has definitely has been more active in the scene longer than you.

Yeah guys, D3 vs IC's is sooooo bad for D3, amirite?
6-4

Not impossible to win for d3 or anything, just hard.

B0NK

Smash Lord
then we are in agreement :D

I was more taking a stab at this random dude Rubberbandman calling my bro a random.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
A random? lol

I am pretty sure I ***** you, so you can be the "random"

/shame on you

A D3!!!!11
Bro, not talking about you. Last stock last hit **** mad legit. I need to stop sucking in the punishment with pivot grabs department

I lost to someone worse though.

/shame

B0NK

Smash Lord
lol don't worry about it, smokey learned everything he knows from SOVAman too. ;D

meepxzero

Smash Master
D3 vs IC is even. Ive taught Coney what to do so imma laugh if he plays any OOS ice climbers and you are wondering why ur losing a supposed 65:35 mu. Pro D3 players are aggro and do hard reads with their character relying on their shield. We completely shut off their regular way of playing MUs cuz of our character. This is why they dont play this match up with their main anymore.

When both people know what to do in the MU it becomes a waiting game on who can make a mistake with DDD at an advantage because of a far superior grab range. If d3 buffers any throws its a garenteed throw because of invincibility frames and the fact his throws do knock back to those next to him. If they know nanas patterns its even easier to kill her.

Im too tired to explain the MU more. D3 has tools to make it even, but most D3s dont know what they are doing in the MU.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I usually agree that some matchups aren't played correctly, and if they were they would be considered even or something, but IC's vs. DDD isn't exactly one of them. I mean, it's not like the only thing DDD can do is sit there. But there truly is only so much he can do in this MU.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
D3 vs IC is even. Ive taught Coney what to do so imma laugh if he plays any OOS ice climbers and you are wondering why ur losing a supposed 65:35 mu. Pro D3 players are aggro and do hard reads with their character relying on their shield. We completely shut off their regular way of playing MUs cuz of our character. This is why they dont play this match up with their main anymore.

When both people know what to do in the MU it becomes a waiting game on who can make a mistake with DDD at an advantage because of a far superior grab range. If d3 buffers any throws its a garenteed throw because of invincibility frames and the fact his throws do knock back to those next to him. If they know nanas patterns its even easier to kill her.

Im too tired to explain the MU more. D3 has tools to make it even, but most D3s dont know what they are doing in the MU.
Sorry, I don't agree with your ratio, though I agree with what you said mostly, I think it's 6:4, and 55:45 on Frigate.

I was bored http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0y-N-b0koQ

B0NK

Smash Lord
^^^coo, probably the most viable CG with fusion.

also lol @ the comments xD

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
^^^coo, probably the most viable CG with fusion.

also lol @ the comments xD
Did anybody make any chaingrabbing videos with the Fusion glitch? I couldn't find any, which is why I made the vid. I'm also currently researching the Fusion glitch, its pros and cons.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm on my phone so I can't link you but my account is MasterofBaby (lolinorite). I have multiple fusion vids.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I did a bunch of research on fusion as well when it was big. I've got a plethora of fusion vids including chaingrabs and other various tricks that you can do if you'd like to see. Get on the Skype if you wanna hear anything I've got on it.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah, I did a bunch of research on fusion as well when it was big. I've got a plethora of fusion vids including chaingrabs and other various tricks that you can do if you'd like to see. Get on the Skype if you wanna hear anything I've got on it.
Link me to your youtube.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I think fusion is great tbh, as long as you don't let nana get grabbed, just play mad safe vs Falco or Pika and your good. Also, yellow pikmen fsmash can cause fusion also.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's been able to be recreated the easiest through primarily "electric" based attacks like pikachu's tjolt, yellow pikmen, falco and wolf's lasers, but someone was able to do it with nado. But yeah, it's pretty different in the sense that it's like you're playing with only sopo, trying not to get hit, because at a certain percent, almost anything will cause nana to go into her freefall state. But the things you can do with desyncs are incredible. Like being able to jump while nana is holding them. Cg'ing is odd, but possible.
I think the main problem somes along when nana goes into her freefall. It's eventually going to happen and when it does, people will start teleporting, there'll probably be a movement to ban fusion or rules on it, like getting rid of your stock to prevent the teleporting.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah, it's been able to be recreated the easiest through primarily "electric" based attacks like pikachu's tjolt, yellow pikmen, falco and wolf's lasers, but someone was able to do it with nado. But yeah, it's pretty different in the sense that it's like you're playing with only sopo, trying not to get hit, because at a certain percent, almost anything will cause nana to go into her freefall state. But the things you can do with desyncs are incredible. Like being able to jump while nana is holding them. Cg'ing is odd, but possible.
I think the main problem somes along when nana goes into her freefall. It's eventually going to happen and when it does, people will start teleporting, there'll probably be a movement to ban fusion or rules on it, like getting rid of your stock to prevent the teleporting.
Why should it be banned, its not like these occurences are random right? It's the players fault for throwing out an electric move for starting the fusion in the first place.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
But it teleports people underneath the stage lol.
That could easily be classified as a game changing glitch.
Though, people don't know that once they teleport, they have 4 (or 5?) more jumps (which will be footstool jumps) that they can do under the stage to get to a position to where they can use their recovery, which will be easy to edge guard.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
But it teleports people underneath the stage lol.
That could easily be classified as a game changing glitch.
Though, people don't know that once they teleport, they have 4 (or 5?) more jumps (which will be footstool jumps) that they can do under the stage to get to a position to where they can use their recovery, which will be easy to edge guard.
uh.... but they teleport to the same spot usually right?

It's there fault for shooting lasers at you lol, I think since its the falco players choice to use lasers or not, that it shouldn't be banned.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Nah, you can teleport them to different spots depending on which side Nana "falls" from and your location on the stage. So if they double jump at a certain point if the stage, you can put them almost at the center of the bottom of the stage, an impossible place for falco or wolf to make it back from, even with the 4 extra footstools + recovery.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Nah, you can teleport them to different spots depending on which side Nana "falls" from and your location on the stage. So if they double jump at a certain point if the stage, you can put them almost at the center of the bottom of the stage, an impossible place for falco or wolf to make it back from, even with the 4 extra footstools + recovery.
Talk to me on AIM please, I want to know more, I'm currently testing stuff as we speak.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I don't have aim on my school cpu right now, which is why I suggested skype, but I'll just use a 3rd party site like meebo for now. My aim is bandxaid702. IM me when you read this.

EDIT: NVM, the proxy blocks meebo =/
I'll have to bring in a copy of my aim setup from home tomorrow.
I still have skype though.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
look, the only way for people to appear under the stage is if Nana gos into her "OW I'm Floating in Mid-air" animation. And then when anyone double jumps they appear under the stage which is LOL.I think you may have to foot stool her when she's in this animation)

This hasn't been banned at most tournies :D

Things it's possible to Fuse off of from my research:

Falco's Laser
Pikachu's T-Volt
MK's Tornado
Olimar's Grab Pummel(I have no Idea how I did this)

To me it seems like you can fuse off of any attack that gives low hit stun but it's just easier to do it when the attack has more hit lag(electrical attacks) because I think the fusion occurs when you Side-B with Nana whilst she is in hitlag. I think if a move has low enough hit stun you can cancel her hitlag and fuse. If it has too much hit stun I don't think you can cancel her hitlag and she'll go flying off. this is just a theory though.

To me it seems we could fuse off of weak jabs f-tilts, etc.

fusing would greatly help Ice climbers in teams where as you can hit double as hard with every attack yet not be afraid of Nana getting separated.

Top Bottom