• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Why are you ICs better at avoiding hits when you're Sopo than when you're a pair?
ICs are the most convincing phenomen that mindsets matters A LOT.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
also if something hits one IC it delays the hitbox so its easier to get hit with the second climber.

and since they have a 5 frame difference in actions it happens kinda easily

Teh Future

Smash Master
"Cheese (Ice Climbers, MK) defeats Nick Riddle (Zero Suit Samus) 2-0. In Game 1, Cheese won on Pokemon Stadium because Nick Riddle paused, which is an automatic forfeit.
In Game 2, Nick Riddle had a commanding lead on Rainbow Cruise when he suicided, giving Cheese the win with a one-stock, 128% victory. Cheese switched to Meta Knight for this match because Ice Climbers struggle on Rainbow Cruise. "

LMAO WTF how is chthreethreesthree so lucky every ****ing time he plays this game it makes no sense seriously bro stop playing smash and just buy lottery tickets until you win billions on dollars because even though you don't win billions of dollars from a lottery somehow chthreethreesthree would manage to do it because hes the luckiest cat ive ever seen

Teh Future

Smash Master
my prediction of chthreethreesthree vs felix:

game 1: ics vs diddy on ps2: chthreethreesthree gets 3 stock'd

game 2: diddy vs mk on ptad: chthreethreesthree starts out by spmming tornado because thats the only thing his mk ever does against characters his ICs can't roll behind and grab. obviously felix is diddy kong who has a 91-1 matchup against whorenado spamming mks so most people would not try to do this, but chthreethreesthree does it anyways because nothing he does ever has any thought behind it. chthreethreesthree takes the first stock because felix gets hit by a car at 34%. felix then ***** chthreethreesthree until his last stock when he hits the b button and felix gets hit by a car and dies. felix ***** him again until he gets hit by a car and dies below 50% for the third time.

game 3- diddy vs mk on SV- first stock chthreethreesthree gets ***** because hes spamming tornado. Then felix sideBs off the stage and attacks, killing himself at 13%. chthreethreesthree goes for the time out, repeatedly grabbing the ledge regardless of the LGL because nothing he ever does has any thought behind it. Seeing chthreethreesthree's tactic, felix goes for the timeout himself, knowing chthreethreesthree has already grabbed the ledge 37 times after the first two minutes of the match. then felix gets hit by another car from ptad and pauses the game like wtf, resulting in chthreethreesthree advancing to the next round

Teh Future

Smash Master
ok felix SOMEHOW managed to dodge chthreethreesthrees lucky **** but now he plays will.....

inb4 whorenado >>> will.

callin it nao

Aglow

Smash Journeyman

Teh Future

Smash Master
^LOL

anyways looks like chthreethreesthree is getting some legitimate "h8" from some cats i was just postin that **** for funs lol.

<3

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you guys weren't there...

you really don't need to be congratulating him... like at all...

edit:
anyway, i figure i'll go ahead an post this here instead of making a new thread. i'm dropping ICs for competitive smash. i love playing the character; i love the crazy antics and the insane combos that can be achieved, but i just cannot bring myself to abuse a chain grab. i play ICs to have fun, to actively engage my opponent. thanks to the current metagame and inherent stigma surrounding the character, i just cannot bring myself to endure bull **** that this game has become when ICs are involved. if its not a MK, its them running away for 8 minutes. when you get counter picked MK in a friendly match (the guy didn't even main or second him) i think its gone too far.

note, that i still intend on using them in friendly matches and possibly crews, but the fear that has been instilled in the community of getting grabbed has ruined what was an otherwise enjoyable experience for me. i intend on maining G&W based on the thinking that, i'd rather play an unviable character and get to fight, than play a viable character and get timed out. the rest of you, god speed and more power to you, but i'm done.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm sorry bud. IMO, your region sounds bad. We have people that rage from ICs, and people that are anti-ban but no one alters from their mains in friendlies. There's only one mk main in Houston so that's the only MK I have to worry about.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
/ragequit.

Seriously though, that sucks Hobo. :/
People who rage to that extent don't make the game fun.
Although it could be argued that we play the most temperamentally challenging character. xD

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Same.

Meep had the same problem if you remember. Just be patient. If you can't be patient enough, "switch mains" for a couple months and that will in turn strengthen you icies game, and you got back you patience in the mean time.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
LOLLLL. I love IC players.

BTW frozen, the way I see it:
People like that are gonna rage regardless, they just look for the most obvious thing to rage about for whatever they lost to. Don't quit. But if you REALLY want to, go ahead.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its not that they rage (out loud), its that they do whatever they have to do to win, regardless or the situation. falcos that run away for an entire match, people picking MK because they see it as an easy matchup... and i don't even like using CGs (if i can combo them instead, i always will). its so dumb playing a character that everybody runs from. at least with g&w they aren't afraid to get in and fight. at least when i can fight a person i can learn from my mistakes and get better. all i learn from them running away is ps and predicition (which i can do fine already). theres just too much pressure on the character to infnite that you're essentially forced into that option because its the only way you can even get damage on them half the time. i'll still play ICs for friendlies (i love the little monsters) but i just feel that i have a better oportunity to develop as a player with g&w while still pulling off sill combos (dthrow -> jab -> hammer is sexy).

edit: also, where the **** were you at Raleigh?

Top Bottom