• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Vinnie

Smash Master
In a MM, Inui ***** my ICs on BF like two months ago when I was still trying to learn them. I cp'd RC and almost 3 stocked him. LOL.

Teh Future

Smash Master
brinstar is by far ics worst stage imo. i always ban it.

like i said i dont know about norfair but i dont think it will be that bad because we can recover better and if we get the lead then we can just upair everything on the bottom platform

edit:

Vinnie thinks ICs are the 2nd best character in the game.
lol u dum

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I find this untrue. Many characters out prioritize and out range IC's. Or maybe just on the higher end of the tier list. But still.
How so? IC's have the same priority as MK/Marth and more than all the other top tiers. Blizzard gives them a range advatage vs many characters as well and uair has a ton of range. Their multiple hitboxes give them the advantage in clashes as well.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I feel like that if I'm gonna be CPed to RC, it'll be by a MK, GW, or Wario, right?

MK: I don't use MK in tournament. Even if I did, I wouldnt know the matchup as well as the MK MAIN. ICs gimmick still works on Mk on RC. I won't have any gimmicks because it's MK dittos, >_>

Gw: Basically the same thing I said above. I don't CP Mk. I'll still have my gimmick.

Wario: I know the match up pretty well and I feel like I can take him.

Basically I'm trying to say I'm confident-ish on RC.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'd watch out for gws on RC. he has wind boxes and plenty of disjoined hitboxes to mess with you on the vert part.

however, i do agree that ICs **** on the boat/third parts and only really struggle slightly on the second. its a good stage to learn so you can avoid worrying about it, but i wouldn't use it as a CP against another character, even if you feel confident on the stage.

Teh Future

Smash Master
ive never played gw vs ics on rainbow....

I feel like the second part (where it moves left) would be like a free stock for G&W LOL

Roller

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I'm a pikachu main who picked up ICs about a year ago. It's gotten to the point where my ICs are arguably better than my pika. Live in NJ but go to U of Michigan for school. I'm pretty well known amongst pikas, but I figured I'd start getting involved in this community as well. Been lurking this board for too long...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
How so? IC's have the same priority as MK/Marth and more than all the other top tiers. Blizzard gives them a range advatage vs many characters as well and uair has a ton of range. Their multiple hitboxes give them the advantage in clashes as well.
Marths will zone out everything. Even blizzard desynchs it seems. Then when the slightest opening appears, it turns into a Fair. And their airgame out spaces our aerials by quite a bit. Marth can poke around the ic's uair with properly timed nairs and fairs. And it's pretty much the same with MK, except MK does it better. Falco can do it too and so can Mario (for instance of some of the lower tier characters)
Hey guys, I'm a pikachu main who picked up ICs about a year ago. It's gotten to the point where my ICs are arguably better than my pika. Live in NJ but go to U of Michigan for school. I'm pretty well known amongst pikas, but I figured I'd start getting involved in this community as well. Been lurking this board for too long...
Welcome :3 I'm pretty sure I've seen your name around the pika boards. Nice of you to drop in.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Marths will zone out everything. Even blizzard desynchs it seems. Then when the slightest opening appears, it turns into a Fair. And their airgame out spaces our aerials by quite a bit. Marth can poke around the ic's uair with properly timed nairs and fairs. And it's pretty much the same with MK, except MK does it better. Falco can do it too and so can Mario (for instance of some of the lower tier characters)
Ok...but none of that has anything to do with priority so I don't understand what you are saying.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was wayyyy too aggressive haha.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Slow down your CGs slightly at high percents if you see them mashing stupid/hard. It leads to them mashing harder. This can be beneficial in several ways, including forcing them to airdodge out of a dropped grab (Prawn Combo, anyone?) or even causing them to uh, hit unintended buttons.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
OR start pummeling them. This will get them very angry and they'll start mashing like crazy. Try to get there hands tired lol

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's not. If you make someone's hands tired and make them angry then you're beating them mentally and they'll play worse.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Hi Future!

and yeah I'm not fighting or anything, I just think the overall best option is to not take any risks and just remove their stock >_>

or just get them to pause

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There's no reason ICs should lose this match-up -.-...
If played correctly agreed. Did you see how aggressive I was being? lol I was running at him like a mad-man. I usually have no problem destroying GW's.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Heh alright. I wasn't discrediting you or anything though. I really do believe it's either un-winnable or very close to it.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I 2 stocked meeps Icies with G&W last time we played in tourney. He needs to learn the match up

Vinnie

Smash Master
Oh hey I got a question. To do a standing dthrow cg, do you dash forward and pivot grab boost, or just regular pivot grab or what? Busy showed me at Raleigh that pivot grab boost works... that's the proper way to do it, right?

edit: also, am I the only one that thinks ICs **** the **** out of Olimar? I've beaten the top 3 Olimars twice each, within the month of August hehe. I think it's at least 65:35.

Teh Future

Smash Master
you beat logic with ics? I dont understand the matchup at all. pretty sure olimar wins imo :)

also dabuz should have beaten you according to youtube

edit: i dont even understand what you are asking with the first question. you can pivotgrab w/popo from nana's dthrow, not sure why you would want to do it unless you are playing against snake though

Vinnie

Smash Master
you beat logic with ics? I dont understand the matchup at all. pretty sure olimar wins imo :)
Yeah in two MMs at Apex :I. He told me I wouldn't win in tourney though >_> go figure.

also dabuz should have beaten you according to youtube
I should've won game 4 according to youtube, too. + I've gotten even better at the matchup since then.

edit: i dont even understand what you are asking with the first question. you can pivotgrab w/popo from nana's dthrow,
No, I mean solo popo CGing, but not moving forward (stepping forward slightly and moving back with the pivot grab)

not sure why you would want to do it unless you are playing against snake though
To stall until nana gets there, of course. Or solo popo CGing on a small platform or something.

did you beat rich brown? dude is legit.
Yeah, in MMs as well, I think he said something was wrong with his controller or something though, but I'll MM him another time I guess.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Ok...but none of that has anything to do with priority so I don't understand what you are saying.
Oh yeah. Sorry. I forgot what I was supposed to post in the first place. I usually find that alot of times priority doesn't matter for IC's because they just get poked. In the occasion that they clash hits, they do win. But usually against characters like marth and MK they can just "gracefully" shift in and out of our range (even our blizzard range) and poke us repeatedly

And I think Oli v. IC's is even.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Here's how I view the match-up. By using de-synch blizzard, he's forced to jump or roll away. ICs can completely **** these two things. One key mistake that most ICs do in this matchup is uairing his shield under platforms. This is what Olimars WANT. This way, they can usmash oos, or drop through fair/nair, to separate the ICs. Olimar is one of the best characters in the game when it comes to abusing separated ICs. He takes advantage of when they're separated, gets rid of nana, ***** popo, and then platform camps again.

Instead of uairing, the trick is to nair. He doesn't have many (any?) oos options when it comes to nairing under platforms. Nairing under platforms is ridiculously good in general, too. It has been recently "discovered" (I've known about this for a while) that you can nair to push people off platforms, and then ice-block lock once they fall off, mostly on BF. You can actually just dash grab and catch them before they even hit the ground. People under-estimate how amazing ICs' nair really is.

The audio is desynched in this match, but it's still a really good example of what I'm talking about when I say that desynch blizzard really limits Olimar's options. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnyTSVRE-LY

Smoom77

Smash Master
I don't underestimate nair, but if you don't space it vertically right he can upsmash you. I HATE THAT.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
de-syncing blizzard isn't that great. Olimar vs Icies is 50/50

Vinnie I've beaten PS in MM and friendlies(We don't play too many money matches). For some reason he sand bags during both.

He beats me in tourney every time. He's beaten Meep, he's beaten Lain.

De-synced Blizzard isn't that great. He can hit you with purple pikmen, he can also down-B through it and punish.

Top Bottom