• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Diddy Kong

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
diddys have a history of hating snakes, cause they can't beat them. they ain't gonna help us out.

@ally: what do you think about choosing fd/sv over bf against diddy?

tibs7

Smash Champion
You guys **** us so bad it's not even fun to play against you. We have to work so much harder to take a stock whereas you guys can tech chase, use our nanas, a few grenades an ftilt and we are at kill percent it's really stupid.
60:40 snake.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I feel like this matchup isn't even as close to as bad as anyone says, diddy racks damage on snake fast and juggles him well and if he's patient its kind of hard to go around fighting him

snakes kind of a fat **** though and that tips it in his favor since diddys a weak mofo

tibs7

Smash Champion
I only say that cause it's the truth.
And I do beat you, scrub.
I'm 20x the player you'll ever be ;)

Player-1

Smash Legend
grenades are terrible in this MU, all snake's should just stop using grenades. Ftilt and Utilt aren't that good vs diddy either, just stop using them or you'll be *****, trust me.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Nades aren't that good, banana > Nades, the only time you should use nades is when diddy is pulling bananas, Clashing Grenade with banana = Explosion = Might hit diddy.

The MU isnt terrible, Diddy racks up dmg fast as well and usually at LOW% Snake sometimes gets spiked.

Attila_

BRoomer
ill only use nades when diddy is camping or im at 200%... so i dont use them a whole lot. i've started deliberately throwing them at falling bananas, which is difficult, but amazing when you pull it off.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Leaving nades on the ground is useful in my opinion, rather then throwing them at least, gives Diddy less room to be running around, and more space for you to take over. Diddy can throw a nana at the nade, exploding it, putting it up in the air, and giving some time for Snake to react to what he does, if he goes for the bananna, tries to attack you, or tries to pull out another naner.

They play more cautious when nades are out, so I guess you'll have to be slightly more aggro then usual, just not enough to get you gimped/spiked at low percents.

Not really much you can do I guess, just work on your nana-catching game, how to use them against the opponent, or if not at all, and avoid getting spiked/gimped.

55-45 Snake, due to how fast Diddy can rack damage on him. Any good stages to cp a Diddy to? Lylat, YI?

tibs7

Smash Champion
nades arent that good in thius MU? you snakes have no idea lol.

Attila_

BRoomer
tibor, you just got told by the best player in the world. i think you should sit down now.

any updates of vids of the nair gimp?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Well you should use them more and see what happens, they are ****.

-VEGA-

Smash Rookie
are nades even all that useful in this matchup? It doesn't really seem like it
Of course its useful.
The Diddy player could do be doing some smash attacks whenever they think the time is right. Also the grenades can also keep them away, since the explosion has so much reach.

RATED

Smash Lord
there like few situations that grenades are useful against Diddy like when he's getting out a banana.

to edge guard or to gimp him but to gimp him is better a bair or a Nair.

tibs7

Smash Champion
this MU. is seriously stupid.........
why cant you stupid snakes see.
diddy actually has trouble landing if you pressure him.
edgeguard pressure he gets ***** also.
nothing safe on shield. we die way to easily.
someone should agree with me. i know this is annoying everyone lol, but i play this MU every day and its only getting worse for diddy as snake is learning everything. Theres nothing we can do when you guys know the MU fully.

Attila_

BRoomer
alternatively, i just might be better than you. if you can possibly fathom the possibility that you aren't number one.

stop trolling and get better.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
this MU. is seriously stupid.........
why cant you stupid snakes see.
diddy actually has trouble landing if you pressure him.
edgeguard pressure he gets ***** also.
nothing safe on shield. we die way to easily.
someone should agree with me. i know this is annoying everyone lol, but i play this MU every day and its only getting worse for diddy as snake is learning everything. Theres nothing we can do when you guys know the MU fully.
LOL u act like diddy is a horrible char this mu is prety 50/50 at most 55/45 snakes favour

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Can't we DACUS when Diddy tries to throw something at us, i mean to pick it up and chip in some damage. I usually do it aganist Peaches,Diddys,other Snakes, well anyone really.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
its a bad thing to just dacus everytime diddy throws a nanna iunless ur gaurenteed to actually HIT him with the dacus itsself as diddy always has 2 nanas out if u miss u pick 1 nana up but didy sitl usually has another out u go past didy he throws the 2nd bam ur triped bam downsmash or w/e he wants to do depending on ur %

tibs7

Smash Champion
Calzorz I really do hope you're not basing whatever you're saying about the mu on those matches against koukin ( I think it was), coz quite frankly you played it terribly wrong son.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Calzorz I really do hope you're not basing whatever you're saying about the mu on those matches against koukin ( I think it was), coz quite frankly you played it terribly wrong son.
LOL that was like what 5 months ago and freindlys how can u tell me how snake plays the diddy mu loool also recent tourny i beat istudys diddy in bracket and lost to luigi players diddy i base it of how i find the mu and knowledge i got on it

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Of course not you are not going to be blindly using DACUS all the time, i mean if you are guaranteed to hit him in the way. Its a great way of getting control on one banana,the damage adds up and you can refresh your moves. Please don't treat me like a scrub i know i am not very known but i know my game. Dominican Snake btw

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Of course not you are not going to be blindly using DACUS all the time, i mean if you are guaranteed to hit him in the way. Its a great way of getting control on one banana,the damage adds up and you can refresh your moves. Please don't treat me like a scrub i know i am not very known but i know my game. Dominican Snake btw
my intention was not to treat u like a scrub my bad (alot of snakes ask for advice so i didnt know u so i thought id try help obviously not) xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
55:45 snake IMO

diddy has better strength of options, frame traps, and safety but the % snake can live to against diddy is ********, I think I break 200%+ vs diddy's more than any other character...

tibs7

Smash Champion
im no troll, was just making sure that it wasnt the real exp. you're basing shiz off.
calzorz i thought istudy was meant to be best diddy in EU :S wtf.

Attila you said last night it was diddy's adv. and it clearly isnt. You obviously know nothing. The main reason is what etecoon just said.

Attila_

BRoomer
Attila you said last night it was diddy's adv. and it clearly isnt. You obviously know nothing. The main reason is what etecoon just said.
i laughed after i said that. ive been arguing that its even for ages.

snake may live forever, but at the same time, once he gets knocked off, he shouldnt be able to reset the situation until after he dies. bananas and fair stop safe landings incredibly well (remembering that fair beats all of snakes aerials cleanly).

Top Bottom