• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm almost done with the new FAQ/Q&A.

People should list all the FAQs they can think of, so I can make sure I got them all.

I'll finish later tonight, I've got to head out.

Hey, I'm almost done with the new FAQ/Q&A.

People should list all the FAQs they can think of, so I can make sure I got them all.

I'll finish later tonight, I've got to head out.
How about this stuff:

Can Ftilt be DIed out of.
How to reverse Nades/C4
How to DACUS; dash attack hit > upsmash afterwards.
Expiration on nades, mines and c4
Snake is not broken so shut up.
How to DI Dair/Nair
Match-up stuff
Tech chasing guidelines.
Nade shenanigans.
Controller port stuff.
C4 sticking situations.

Above all else post the snake boards creed: "Camp with your `Nades, Space with Ftilt" ;)

That is all I can think of for now.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Havokk, what do you mean by pivot grab from shield? Shield their attack and run away to pivot grab, or run pass them and pivot grab?

IxxI

Smash Fence
Both, although running away and pivot grabbing is generally better. If the shield knockback hits you too far away, dash and boost grab.

IxxI, can you brawl right now?
Alrighty. I used to do that, but I thought I overused pivot grabs. Guess it was the right amount, haha. I sometimes do that boost grab trick, but it's a little too laggy for my taste.

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
Snake is one of the hardest to play well, that's why I can only name like 4 great Snake players. (Ally, Razer, Afro, crap....make that 3 that I can list without really thinking)

Now lets see MK:
M2K, Dojo, Plank, DSF, Spam, others I can't think of right now because I need sleep.

Snake at a beginner level:
omfg A button and tilts \\srsly.

EDIT for IxxI

1. Pivot grab from shield boy... pivot grab is the ****.

2. That Falco was horrible at camping. Lasers > Grenades unless you do really well or the Falco messes up. However you can just crouch and force an approach.

3. Practice the dthrow tech chase...

4. Wiffail
Don't forget 9b and Souther. I want to see Ally matchup against those 2 japanese players. World Tourney anyone? The World Cup of Smash lol.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I don't think 9B and Souther can compare to Ally based on what I saw versus M2k.

Ally can easily adapt. =D

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I see nothing too special in 9B and Souther apart from their robotic camping for 10 minutes =/

Ally would **** face

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, we've seen it. I've done a lot of testing to figure out how to do everything in that video. It can only be done on platforms. I'll explain it tomorrow when I'm not about to pass out from exhaustion if someone doesn't beat me to it. I know if I try now I'll get something mixed up.

BRANman

Smash Cadet
Quick question, but does the Ftilt lock work? As in, do the first part of the Ftilt, wait, then do it again.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
@Luke

Naritake Step / True Pivot for the tilts out of dash. I still haven't been able to do the grenade on platforms (but it can only be done on platforms)

@BRAN

Easily DI'able. Works for 2-3 hits - most of the time they can shield the second hit.

mofo_

Smash Ace
@Luke

Naritake Step / True Pivot for the tilts out of dash. I still haven't been able to do the grenade on platforms (but it can only be done on platforms)

@BRAN

Easily DI'able. Works for 2-3 hits - most of the time they can shield the second hit.
how do u do naritake step/true pivot w/ snake?
the grenade thing is easy when u master it. hold b, down+shield but dont do a spotdodge

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
the instant grenade trick is simple

stand on a platform, hold B, hit down then shield.

If you hit diagonal down you miss catching the grenade but do a weird little slide forwards or backwards (wavedash? XD)

SuSa

I always ban RC - his second worst is any stage that transitions. (Can't think of any other legal off the top of my head)

Smashville followed by Lylat. (Smashville for the moving hitbox, Lylat for the better camo of 'nades and c4 and mines) (I CP neutrals)

Best Neutral is Smashville.

Snake ***** on Lylat Cruise. He also kills Wolf and hijacks the ship.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Kirby boards are discussing Snake...a few things:
kk
What is snake's worst cp? Second worst? What do you usually ban?
We generally Ban RC and are fine everywhere else
What is his best cp? Second best?
We tend to cp Halberd and a metroid stages, we **** there
What's his best neutral? Worst neutral?
Smashville is generally our best but we **** on neutrals, its pretty character dependent
How does snake do on Lylat Cruise?
its a good Snake stage
Kirby vs Snake Matchup Discussion

Kirby vs Snake Stage Discussion
Responses in sexy purple

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wow trying to do pivot to anything other than fsmash hurts my brain, is it even possible to do a true pivot uptilt with cstick set to smashs?

napZzz

Smash Hero
kirby vs. snake is 5/5 imo ._. I only play one kirby though so I wouldn 't know too much else.

that grenade thing looks *****in.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
****, I just had the new FAQ/Q&A complete and when I posted it it came up with an error and when I went back, almost all of it was GONE. F my life. I posted what was left of it, and I'll get back to re-updating it ASAP.

If people would want to help out, you could just write a question that's asked a lot, and then the answer to it. That way I could just copy/paste it in the OP. Don't worry about the format, I'll fix anything if needed.

Here's the link to the new one. Ugh.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7397023#post7397023

SuSa

@Loops

Whenever it can reach and you can't be punished. (Last Answer)

Ken Neth has made a neat FAQ/Q&A and that is now the new official Q&A. This thread is no longer needed - closed and unstickied.

--End Thread Here-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom