• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
this is in a different thread smash child....but anyways.

c4 takes 27 seconds to blow up by itself. and no the c3 and c4 do the same dmg. sakurai put it there as an easter egg...DO YOU NOT GO TO THE DOJO??!?!?!?!

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
this is in a different thread but ill tell you anyways.

the c4 takes 27 seconds to blow itself up.

no the c3 does the same dmg as the c4. sakurai put it as an easter egg....HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT???? DID YOU EVEN GO TO THE DOJO?!!?!?!?!!??!

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I know but I felt like having a douche moment lol

EDIT: Syx, not black heretic, I'm gonna keep saying that until everybody remembers on here :D

:joyful:

Nic64

Smash Lord
blowing yourself up to about 40% prevents being chain grabbed to spiked altogether, if falco grabs you and spikes you off the edge, you could be around 80-100% before you recover because you take a ton of damage and then have to C4 yourself to survive at least once anyway, while being edge guarded. some snakes feel like it's better to never risk it at all, personally I'm just really campy until I hit 40% but I still get grabbed sometimes so it may be worth it, I think it's kind of a preferential thing, but it does go to show that you *do not* want to get grabbed when your percent is low against falco.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
DO NOT blow yourself up. That's the noob way out. Play super campy at the beginning of your stock and don't get grabbed. If you just drop a 'nade and stand on it until it's about to blow up, he'll have a hard time grabbing you. Launching mortars when he gets close helps a lot, too. Even if he grabs you, the mortar will fall back down and stop his CG. Just try to trade even damage with him until you've eaten 40 damage from his lasers.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Platform camp > Falco's CG

pitch a tent and roast some marshmallows while you're at it

then once you hit around 40, you're safe

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
To further elaborate, once you get past around 60 or so, he can't do much of anything to you out of a grab. Start shielding much more than you usually would. If Falco grabs you, so what? You won't die from a grab. Shield and Ftilt all his close range moves and you'll easily take Falco's stock before he takes yours.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I disagree on that.. SK92 could do a lot out of grabs above 60% when I fought him over the weekend. He has freakin' insane mindgames to get grabs off.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I disagree on that.. SK92 could do a lot out of grabs above 60% when I fought him over the weekend. He has freakin' insane mindgames to get grabs off.
If he guesses your DI, he can still combo, I guess. He's not gonna do anything lethal at that point, though. The point remains that shielding as your damage builds becomes an increasingly good idea.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
^Nice match. Your DI was excellent. Man, the ending was SICK! You were kinda jumping into his grabs, tho :( You gotta play super campy at the start of each stock. Just stand on a 'nade and launch mortars when he's close. If you end up eating 40 damage from lasers, at least you can't get grabbed. Hopefully you'll be able to tack some damage onto him in the process.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It was my first OoS tourney and I was extremely nervous, so I was playing like crap through parts of it. I mean, it's SK92. Who wouldn't be nervous? JK, but I thought I was going to get ***** hardcore LOL.

But yeah, I really do need to camp more at the beginning of the stocks. I get ***** by his grabs. The 2nd match of that set is a good match too.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I wanna see! The one you posted was sweet.

I see what you mean about his grabs, tho. SK92 is too good. He was getting ridiculous combos out of grabs.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
First kill was win! Nice match. Wait, he took YOU to battlefield? Strange.

Are you goint to Genesis this summer? I wants to play you!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Thanks :) Yeah he took me there. We didn't do stage bans and he counterpicked that over FD or any other stage. That was the only stage I saw him counterpick in the matches I watched that day. Don't know why..

Where and when is Genesis? You should post the link for it.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I think people use B-sticking to refer to reversing your momentum while using a B move. You don't need to switch your controls to do it.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I think people use B-sticking to refer to reversing your momentum while using a B move. You don't need to switch your controls to do it.
close but not quite Angel :D

B-sticking is the name given to setting the c-stick to specials

reversing your momentum with a B move is a B reversal or wavebounce

at least thats how it was explained to me

How viable is a grounded ftilt (1st) to grab? Or rather an attempted ftilt (1st) lock to get a trip or trick them to DI than try to go for a grab.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone-

I'm trying to get a "brawl lobby" set up that connects all the xat chats so people can chat or find matches or w/e (or you can go to it directly at www.xat.com/Wifi_Room No signup or registration is needed). So far 16 xats have the room tabbed in their chats. See this thread for the details:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563

Check it out even if you guys don't want or have a xat. If your boards have an "important links" thread, it would be appreciated if the above thread and site were added. It's might be at least useful for those that want to locate the individual character xats.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom