• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Is it possible for kirby to suck up a C4 resulting in him being stuck? I just stuck him when I swear I was too far away to stick him and snake even did the animation where he sets it on the ground.

I'm pretty sure all he is doing is holding the B button, moves backwards with the control stick a little ways before shielding. And the shield and the backwards momentum is what gives him that little slide. The difference between regular shield dropping and that is pretty much shield dropping puts the grenade behind snake a bit, but doing that with the slide drops the greande in front of him a bit.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
Okay in this Crew Combo Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4TaJd8uwWg&

I was looking at War.

At 1:18-1:20 he does a very fast Mortar Slide. How do you do it so fast?
there are many ways to do it. c stick down up Z, c stick down c stick up, A to up Z or c stick up.

if you ues wiimote and nunchuck(razorz) set wiimote to shake smash on. then do A shake wiimote and up A.

Panix

Smash Ace
Here is a question, More broad then just snake. How do you get better? I'm pretty sure Im better then everyone in my town. But I have no means of traveling for competition. I would love to play people who can beat me 100% of the time. Thats how you get better. But since im stuck at home. is there a way to get better then I am? (Don't say youtube, I learned everything i can from watching ally, razer, chillin, havok etc)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Here is a question, More broad then just snake. How do you get better? I'm pretty sure Im better then everyone in my town. But I have no means of traveling for competition. I would love to play people who can beat me 100% of the time. Thats how you get better. But since im stuck at home. is there a way to get better then I am? (Don't say youtube, I learned everything i can from watching ally, razer, chillin, havok etc)
You get better by simply playing.
Experience is what smash is about.
You wont get better if you only play "casual guy 1" and "casual guy 2". To get really good you have to travel.

I had the same problem, so I was stuck with CPUs to battle. Use wifi if you got it. You can play decent matches on wifi.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I had the same problem, so I was stuck with CPUs to battle. Use wifi if you got it. You can play decent matches on wifi.
Yeah I suppose WiFi is better than nothing. WiFi still sucks balls lol ...
That's why most of the good players don't play online.

Yeah I suppose WiFi is better than nothing. WiFi still sucks balls lol ...
That's why most of the good players don't play online.
Ranking of VS battle opponents that help you get better the most: Human n00bs < Lv 9 CPUs < wifi humans that are worse than you < real battle against humans that are worse than you < wifi opponents that are better < Real Battles, better than you.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
How do I deal with ZSS? She outranges me with sideB. Snakedash gets trumped by DSmash and stun gun. DSamsh/USmash/UpB spam racks up a ton of dmg.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
you are 100% like me. i am probably the best in my town except for melito and/or maybe creo. i dont travel for competition too. and im always stuck at home.

but i guess just try to do new stuff and wifi and practice with lvl 1's-6's i prefer 5 or 6.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Wifi is best if you cannot travel.

I've improved a lot because of a good wifi connection.

arwildcats09

Smash Apprentice
Have I found a new combo?
Use the cypher and go up on an opponent in the air, uair out of it, if the uair hits your opponent then your opponent should hit the cypher as well.
*Must be done on an opponent in the air.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
its not new, and its not only not practical, but overall pretty useless, we don't try to hit with the cypher (unless a MK/kirby is uthrowing us >.>)

if you want to be flashy, just charged upsmash>utilt into the missile

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
w/e, still not new and utilt is generally easier to land than uair

also, going high in the air with Snake is never too good an idea, Snake's aerials are sub par and most characters can turn the tables on you if the player is good enough

stay safe and on the ground, throw some projectiles up instead

Tero.

Smash Champion
w/e, still not new and utilt is generally easier to land than uair

also, going high in the air with Snake is never too good an idea, Snake's aerials are sub par and most characters can turn the tables on you if the player is good enough

stay safe and on the ground, throw some projectiles up instead
what he said.
who cares about uair -> cypher when you could just utilt them...

Nic64

Smash Lord
in general it's pretty useless and a bad idea, but there's usually a place for everything and it's always good to know all your options...I find cypher chasing to be somewhat useful in snake ditto's actually...

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Does Snake's FSmash rly have the highest knockback out of all the fsmashes in the game? Smash wiki and havok's first video both said so, but don't Ike and DDD have stronger ones?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
D3's sweet spotted and Ike's all kill slightly earlier, by like a few %s

Bowser's does the most damage

at least thats how I heard it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom