• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Uhhh..guys?

I can test it, I'm not pressed for anything.
I was going to test it all today and probably post my findings too

but I'll let you do it instead then

thanks

It seems like the only time you should do this is during teams. There are so many distractions that you could easily find someone else to transfer the C4.

But it seems difficult to do, so this doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble. Unless someone can find a better use, I find no need to try it out.

That's just my opinion.
Part of the reason for the testing is to see whether or not we can find some overlooked reason to use this, it may have a use (probably doesn't), testing just confirms this and teaches us more about our character

napZzz

Smash Hero
so I saw some video by godismyrock today. He was doing boost throwing, and snakes was useful. He slides a decent distance, throws a nade, and you can do fake outs because you can change the animation. You can throw the nade forward, while sliding back or forward, and make animation you want, such as snake doing the animation for throwing it up, but the nade flies forward.

Mindgames anyone?

Problem is, I have no idea how to do this LOL. Does anyone know how? I'd really like to get fancier with nades than I already do. Glide toss->tilts anyone? (throwing the nade up of course., or down to prevent rolling behind you).

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's in one of my videos, I swear....

Anyways, boost tosting is just done by doing DAC/DACIT, WHICH I HAVE VIDEOS FOR.

invokke08havokk

look up that name on youtube, and watch my.. I think its part 2? for 'DACIT"

Snake's isn't -horribly- useful, and the fakeouts quickly lose their 'mindgame' properties.

You can throw in any direction, but you can only fake-throw back (while throwing forward) and fake throw up (while throwing forward) as far as I know...

napZzz

Smash Hero
anything for possible set ups or minegames havokk ;) open yo eyes.

oh also how long until a c4 auto explodes? I'd like to know, I wanna try taunting near one when its about to explode and have them run in to hit me loolololol

ownt.

napZzz

Smash Hero
-____- meanie

I watched some of those vids nab. Is snakes pivot walk any good? God I wish my wii was working T_T I like to be...douchey when I play. Doing things that aren't necessary, and maybe be effective.

SuSa

Pivot walk is one of the bad ones, but looks hilarious, and is better then Falcon's. If I remember correctly....

anyways, I gtg... moms almost home... I'll ask her if I can be ungrounded, answer of 'yes' is highly doubtful.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I have a question. Has anyone played against a falco that shines you out of your cypher and then spikes you? The shine knocks you off into the perfect place to get spiked, unless you're already high enough to just fastfall to edge grab. Otherwise you're pretty much screwed. Anyone know what to do in this situation?

I'm beginning to think the falco I play is the only one out there who does that, cause I haven't seen anyone ever do that in the many falco vids I've seen..:ohwell:

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
never happened to me then again i never went against a "good" falco.

i guess just airdodge if the falco keeps doing it at the same timing.

but if your talking about next to the edge then i guess theres no escape since airdodge to ledgegrab was taken out of brawl.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
He waits till I have to do my up-b to recover, then jumps out and shines me out of it. We both fall pretty close together with him just a little below me. Then before I've recovered enough to do anything, he just jumps and spikes simultaneously and I get owned. I don't know what to do.

This falco is crazy good. Like if you have to recover using c4 he will jump out and footstool you after the c4 blows you up and he'll get it like 9/10 times, no matter which way you DI. It's crazy how good this kid is. And he only goes falco in tourney when his secondaries are having a hard time, so I never get to play his falco in friendlies XD

napZzz

Smash Hero
He waits till I have to do my up-b to recover, then jumps out and shines me out of it. We both fall pretty close together with him just a little below me. Then before I've recovered enough to do anything, he just jumps and spikes simultaneously and I get owned. I don't know what to do.

This falco is crazy good. Like if you have to recover using c4 he will jump out and footstool you after the c4 blows you up and he'll get it like 9/10 times, no matter which way you DI. It's crazy how good this kid is. And he only goes falco in tourney when his secondaries are having a hard time, so I never get to play his falco in friendlies XD
You could use c4 yourself to aslpode away from the stage, or purposely cypher very far back and do it so he cant come out without sd'ing and you can recover high.

Its better than dying obviously ~_~

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I do DI away most of the time.. And usually he's using characters with better recovery than falco when he goes for the footstool. The only point of saying the footstool thing was showing an example of how good he is, though I realize now it's not even that good of an example.

What I really want to know is what to do in the shine->spike situation. I've only fought his falco like 3-4times, so I haven't really fought him enough to figure out what to do. Has anyone else had this done to them?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I guess I'll try that. Or I could try fast falling past him and going too low for him to spike me and be able to make it back. I won't be able to try it till I get the chance to fight his falco again. Which probably won't be for awhile, cause he refuses to go falco in friendlies XD

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord

DI towards the stage and stage tech

as for the shine>spike, airdodge after the shine?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You usually don't have time to air dodge.. You're like stunned or something after getting hit with the reflector. Or if you do he just waits half a second or so before he spikes.

I'm going to have to record our matches next time so you guys can see what I mean. I'm going to a tourney today, so hopefully I have to fight him and I'll record it.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
i have a new question.

what is the first thing you do when you start a match?

snake dash? nade?(if you say nade explain what you do example would be shield drop or light throw normal throw etc)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I have a question. Has anyone played against a falco that shines you out of your cypher and then spikes you? The shine knocks you off into the perfect place to get spiked, unless you're already high enough to just fastfall to edge grab. Otherwise you're pretty much screwed. Anyone know what to do in this situation?

I'm beginning to think the falco I play is the only one out there who does that, cause I haven't seen anyone ever do that in the many falco vids I've seen..:ohwell:
Wow...Kenny, you've made me even more afraid to face Dave.

If this was happening to me...I would try and fake him out if I could. Keep my distance when I recover, cause a little more damage isn't too bad when the other stance is losing a stock.

i have a new question.

what is the first thing you do when you start a match?

snake dash? nade?(if you say nade explain what you do example would be shield drop or light throw normal throw etc)
I find myself always using my nade first, but I vary it, depending on how I feel. Most of the time it's a shield drop, but I might just run from it to attack my opponent, or grab it and throw it down to bounce it up, whatever.

Or if it's a laser spammer...do what the guy above does.

SuSa

Its:

Shield
Weird unexplanable slide
Pull Grenade
Shield Drop

_____

I'll watch it a few more times, but thats what it looks like <.< I'll see if any moves hit him or what.... its...weird..

SuSa

Watching it again, I was wrong.

He dashed then shielded, however the recording seemed to skipped quite an amount of frames..

If you rapidly press pause/play while watching the video, you'll notice the beginning dash animation.

<_< now I feel stupid for not double checking that it wasn't a dash.

SNNAAAKKKKEEEEE

Smash Rookie
Well first of all, what are the controller ports (I'm new obviously =P)? And also what's with the u-tilt and things like that? I use the wii remote and nunchuck, are you guys using gamecube? Andddddd yet another question! How do I use the sliding mortar shot with Snake? And any advice on good spiking?

SuSa

Go to Tactical, there is a controll port guide (you know what, as Snake mains thats important -_- I'm adding that to my "everything you ever needed to know" thread....

You can use wii remote + nunchuck, Ultimate Razer does =p but most of us use GC (check the Snake player finder thread)

Ask Razer for mortar slide, I couldn't tell you.

Don't spike. Plain and simple. <.<

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
SNNAAAKKKKEEEEE if you are reading this the answer to your question is to go to controls and set shake smash to on.

then go to training and this what you do....

dash(run)>dash attack>shake wii remote and push up on the nunchuck. you must do it fast. and no i do not use the wiimote and nunchuck. GCC FTW.

also for your utilt question.

those are shorter names for the characters A moves. utilt is when you push up on the control stick and push A.

snakes utilt is when he puts his boot up.
ftilt is the knee to double fist
dtilt is the leg sweep
and neutral A is the jabs...but we just call them jabs.

and the aerials are fair(forward aerial) bair(back) nair(neutral) dair(down) uair(up)

snakes:
fair-spiking move.
bair-puts both legs back
nair-the four kicks
dair-four kicks down or what i call it "stomp the yard"
uair-puts both legs up.

and zair "z" air or grab in air. works only for link,samus,toon link, etc.

hope that helped you out.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
what do you call snakes utilt?

on youtube one of the commentators call it the "jesus kick"

me and a few of my friends call it the "boot of death"

what nicknames do you have for the utilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom