• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Question:

Should I update my C4 thread to say its really 26.5 seconds? How about the 13.25 second stick and stuff? (lost my data, cpu reset itself in my sleep T_T so just take my word on it...)

Should I subtract the 1-2 (I need to test how long) seconds from the Mine time? (The time that the Mine is layed, but doesn't explode... meaning, it's useless for x seconds, should I subtract those seconds?)

SuSa

I count in actual matches, and have several combo's that had me throw my opponent into a c4 just before it was about to explode.

You're too soon to say people won't.

However, I do feel the 26.5 and 27 seconds is almost negligible, and I did mention mine on placement... so >.> I guess I'll leave it.

It bothers me though.... I like being as precise as possible. >.<

Jabs, ftilt, dtilt, Utilt, grab. I have problems finding the best fit situations for when is the best time to use these compared to the other options.

Typically I have used uptilt for my killing (no usage before unless lower damages to chain), jabs to get out of certain attacks combinations (apart from that not used), dtilt to get extra reach past knee of ftilt, grabs for anything closer than farthest reach of knee in ftilt, ftilt for practically everything else.

Is this incorrect usage of those 5 things?

SuSa

Jab - When they are close enough for the first hit to hit, you should practice jab canceling it into an ftilt for more damage. (That's the only time I use it personally)

Ftilt - When its close enough for the first hit to just barely hit, or the second hit to hit with its magical disjointed hitbox. (aka; very often)

Dtilt - You shouldn't be using this often, it can kill, but not until way after utilt can kill.... I use it when a Falco is approaching me when I'm crouched, or when I ducked under his reflector or something.

Utilt - When it can KO, I suggest reading the "everything you ever needed to know" sticky to find the dtilt/utilt ko %'s, and memorize the important KO %'s (92% against Metaknight, 123?% against D3, and 81%? against G&Q/Jiggly, then add 10-15% to all of those, if they are lightweight its around 98%~, midweight is about 105-108%, and heavyweights is like 126-140%) its pretty much your kill move =p some people use this to rack damage, I suggest to not doing that, unless its like uthrow>utilt @ 0%...

Grab - I use this when my other moves are stale, or I can get 1-2 pummels in before starting a dthrow tech chase. This is more or less my punish move against laggy attacks if none of my other moves can reach. That being said, I use this more then jabs, dtilt, and utilt combined. Almost as much as ftilt. XD

There you go. <.<

From the <.<... this was a waste of your time to answer my question...

See if I can use grab more, normally not used at all in match for me. Thanks for the help.

SuSa

Today I've been in a real habit of using <.<, >.>, and <_>

Just ignore the faces, and think of them as nothing more then an emoticon habit.

I love emoticons, and I normally have 3-5 a post on every forum but SWF and AiB for some reason. It's like I talk Brawl more seriously, or I just hate their emoticons.

I think it's because I hate them. <_>

No such thing as a waste of time for me answering a question. If it was a waste of time, I wouldn't answer it. ;)

Also, grabbing is to good. Look into the dthrow tech chase, and get good at it. Also, on heavyweights and fastfallers, you can uthrow>utilt at low %'s, and sometimes (depending on what your opponent does most of the time...) you can uthrow>Run away >pivot grab, then dthrow tech chase from that.

I prefer the latter only because I love the dthrow tech chase.

:mewtwo:

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Honestly, don't be afraid to throw out Utilt as a damage move. It does a LOT of damage, and no one expects it. They'll assume you're saving it for the kill, and you can throw its stupidly disjointed hitbox out there to stop quite a few approaches. Just get some pummels in quickly to get it back to fresh and it's no problem.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
here's a quick question, not really on Snake, but on board etiquette

in a few days I should have a few vids up, should I make a new thread for critique or re-awaken the (dead) video thread?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Is there a way to get it to show the actual posts that say your name in it? I can only get it to show the thread that my name was mentioned in, and I don't look like looking throuhg hundreds of pages.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I just type "overswarm" into the serach box and the nlook at threads I haven't posted in

SuSa

is there a way to drop grenades in the air?
You can grenade strip yourself or Z-drop it. By pressing B however, you can't. Do what I quoted below for that.

If holding a shield dropped grenade:

Press Z or B (drop it, or grenade strip yourself)

no but you can just light toss them and float by them

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
This is my shining glory right here.

I'm going to go search my name...

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
i have a question too.

havokk stated that dair can break an opponents shield.

did you say the shield has to be half way through of breaking?

and if that is correct does it have to be ALL 4 kicks? can it be the last three? or just the last two?

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
i have a question too.

havokk stated that dair can break an opponents shield.

did you say the shield has to be half way through of breaking?

and if that is correct does it have to be ALL 4 kicks? can it be the last three? or just the last two?
I'm pretty sure it works for nair too, and it will have full effect only if all hits connect.

Edit: Look at above post, it's not gonna go through a whole shield.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Uh, hi Snake boards.

Anyways, I need your help with a question.

Would any of you agree to this:

:snake: Snake
Best: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd
Worst: Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Final Destination
It's for this thread concerning every character's 3 best and 3 worst stages.

Anything I need to fix? Suggestions?

SuSa

IMHO Norfair > Halberd.

In Halberd, if we get spiked we're pretty screwed over. A lot of the time our stage control is sub-par at best, and its a giant FD that moves and has a platform. Norfair offers plenty of stage control, plenty of camp room, low cieling and sides for early ftilt/utilt/nair KO's, our dthrow is godlike here, and its a pretty good stage.

That, or it's my personal vendetta against halberd..

napZzz

Smash Hero
halberd ***** for snake. From my personal exp. I usually beat people on halberd with snake...I like taking meta knight there for some reason.

Dont take a campy character like falco to halberd though, the stage is just best for fighting those with no projectiles.

gallax

Smash Hero
i love playing on laylat. the darkness help with setting up nades and c4 explosions. makes it hard for the opponent to see.

beenman

Smash Rookie
do you think its possible to do a boost grab and pick up a half cooked grenade as you innitiate the dash attack, like when pick up a grenade with a snake dash, and then finnally grab the oppenent with the boost grab and let the grenage blow up on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom