• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake on PORT TOWN AERO DIVE THREAD AREA LAND DISCUSSION LOCATION

AfroQT

Smash Master
Discuss snake on port town aero dive, the stage in brawl, where we will play.
Give strategies.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Snake should use his nades/C4/mines to blow up the cars.
HOW CAN YOU DIE AT 40% IF THERE ARE NO CARS?!

10infractions

etecoon

Smash Hero
after you've acquired a stock lead, intentionally get hit by every car and SDI down and tech so that you never die

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
This stage could possibly be a legit counterpick for Snake.

The ceiling is low when the floating stage is moving, so take advantage of that.

When cars are coming, stay on THE VERY EDGE of the track. They can't get you there. If that's not possible, get on the highest platform you can find. While those cars are going by, throw nades or nikita. But your opponent will probably shield them on the other side of the track.

napZzz

Smash Hero
snake doesn't need ledge he will **** this stage by knocking off some ****ty tether character something with a bad up b like marth and FSMASH REPEATEDLY FOR AN EDGE GUARD or do cool set up explosion tricks to look like a ******

Master Raven

Smash Master
Throw them at cars and footstool them repeatedly as they keep getting hit by them until they're gone, then end it with a magnificent Uair.

-Ran

Smash Master
Port town is actually a great Snake level. As a character, Snake tries to avoid the ledge due to his poor options on it and loses nothing by having no ledge to grab on. Very rarely does Snake need to grab the edge due to his incredible recovery which becomes harder to edge guard within a reliable edge to attack from. Most of the other characters in the game are going to be forced to land with lag on the stage, which allows for easy throws, tilts, or kills. Characters such as MK lose the ability to use many techniques such as:

- Ledge Stalling
- Canceling move lag [tornado] with falling onto the edge.
- Incredibly low recoveries to ledge grab. [drill rush, reverse shuttle loop.]
- Using the ledge to recover jumps.
- Using the ledge to prepare for an attack, such as Toon Link grabbing a bomb.

Though it may be good for Snake, I've always felt that the inclusion of certain stages open the door for even more borderline levels.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Do you guys see this as one of Snake's top 2 counterpicks?

I can see it being a good one after Halberd, but I guess its largely matchup dependent.

I plan on giving this stage a try IF my state decides to use the suggested ruleset.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Take Olimar here and laugh at his awful recovery, dying early early because of cars and not being as manly as Snake is

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Take Olimar here and laugh at his awful recovery, dying early early because of cars and not being as manly as Snake is
Hey, that's right. He's gotta ban either Frigate or this now. >:D

We'll ban Luigi's Mansion.

Suck it, Olimar. >:D

AfroQT

Smash Master
My current plan is as follows:

-Grab them, dthrow them, let the cars tech chase for you.
-Ftilt people into Cars.
-Pull out three grenades
-FSmash people repeatedly.
-Do Juggle people with Footstool to Car combos and end with Uair.
-Blow up EVERY SINGLE CAR

I feel that we as a snake community are ready for this.

Sync.

Smash Champion
My current plan is as follows:

-Grab them, dthrow them, let the cars tech chase for you.
-Ftilt people into Cars.
-Pull out three grenades
-FSmash people repeatedly.
-Do Juggle people with Footstool to Car combos and end with Uair.
-Blow up EVERY SINGLE CAR

I feel that we as a snake community are ready for this.
I approve of this. This was already my plan for Yoshi's Island.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
D***, beat me to the car tech chase. It's pretty easy to see the cars coming - just don't be ******** to walk into the blast zone. During the floating part, you can just nade, C4, or fair spike sharkers if you're willing to try. Like Ran said, I think the lack of edges helps Snake in his recovery game. Cars will be **** to hit and throw people into.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Do you guys see this as one of Snake's top 2 counterpicks?

I can see it being a good one after Halberd, but I guess its largely matchup dependent.

I plan on giving this stage a try IF my state decides to use the suggested ruleset.
Too many inconsistent factors in this stage. Up-Tilt is good some places and not so effective others. But the tech chase games we will have here are going to be ****. Plus Snake wont have too much hard of time dealing with the cars anyway. The stage itself could hurt it but thats about it. And we can camp like a ***** here. I think this'll be a good stage but not Halberd good.

DUDE we HAVE to use this against L_Cancel and Coco! **** yea Snake :D

We'll just have to ban Luigi's vs them and Green Greens vs D3 though ....

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Lulz, I agree, possibly beast Snake stage. Really gay stupid stage, but fun as ****.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
C4 at the edge -> ****

Snakes is heavy, he cares a bit less about getting hit by cars. He can recover high, so no ledges dont truely care and even then if he is forced to recover low, the stage be itself will refresh his Up-B :D
Goo Stage.

I will try that three grenades though =D

Top Bottom