• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 ~ Champaign, IL 2-7-09

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
1: Tink & Chexr
2: Darkrain & Dmac
3: 18spikes & Cosmo
4: Matt & Tom R
5: darkatma & Genoblast
5: Watty & Big R
7: Sliq & Dope
7: Souroush & Jiano
9: SDM & Seanson
9: Laipply & Vro
9: Khepri & Kels
9: Climhazzard & Fluxwolf
13: Erroldactyl & Dekuschrub
13: Oranos & Gambit
13: Sveet & Blackpanther
13: Jturley & Durand

Doubles bracket results out of 52 teams.

1: Darkrain
2: Matt R
3: Dope
4: Watty
5: Eddie
5: Souroush
7: Cosmo
7: Viperboy
9: dmac
9: Kels
9: Sliq
9: Ihavespaceballs
13: Jay
13: Climhazzard
13: Dekuschrub
13: Jiano
17: Bluemycon
17: Chad
17: Tom R
17: Smeesh
17: BigD
17: Myztek
17: Z
17: Chexr
25: AOB
25: AC
25: 18spikes
25: Ajj
25: Quaz
25: darkatma
25: Vro
25: Tink
33: Captain Awesome
33: Ripple
33: NES Noob
33: Mendoza
33: Zec
33: Cups
33: Big R
33: Secks
33: Laipply
33: Rezo
33: JBM
33: Henrik
33: Skinoff
33: Nekomancer
33: Ameer
33: Ray Chun
49: Chris
49: Durian
49: Khepri
49: Ben
49: SDM
49: Genoblast
49: Dan
49: Big Burn
49: Seanson
49: Brickman
49: Juke
49: mslano
49: Pyroty
49: Weimdog
49: Lixi
49: Legan

Singles Bracket out of 112 entrants!!

GOOD **** TO EVERYONE
(I <3 MattR LOL)

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
1: Tink & Chexr
2: Darkrain & Dmac
3: 18spikes & Cosmo
4: Matt & Tom R
5: darkatma & Genoblast
5: Watty & Big R
7: Sliq & Dope
7: Souroush & Jiano
9: SDM & Seanson
9: Laipply & Vro
9: Khepri & Kels
9: Climhazzard & Fluxwolf
13: Erroldactyl & Dekuschrub
13: Oranos & Gambit
13: Sveet & Blackpanther
13: Jturley & Durand

Doubles bracket results out of 52 teams.

1: Darkrain
2: Matt R
3: Dope
4: Watty
5: Eddie
5: Souroush
7: Cosmo
7: Viperboy
9: dmac
9: Kels
9: Sliq
9: Ihavespaceballs
13: Jay
13: Climhazzard
13: Dekuschrub
13: Jiano
17: Bluemycon
17: Chad
17: Tom R
17: Smeesh
17: BigD
17: Myztek
17: Z
17: Chexr
25: AOB
25: AC
25: 18spikes
25: Ajj
25: Quaz
25: darkatma
25: Vro
25: Tink
33: Captain Awesome
33: Ripple
33: NES Noob
33: Mendoza
33: Zec
33: Cups
33: Big R
33: Secks
33: Laipply
33: Rezo
33: JBM
33: Henrik
33: Skinoff
33: Nekomancer
33: Ameer
33: Ray Chun
49: Chris
49: Durian
49: Khepri
49: Ben
49: SDM
49: Genoblast
49: Dan
49: Big Burn
49: Seanson
49: Brickman
49: Juke
49: mslano
49: Pyroty
49: Weimdog
49: Lixi
49: Legan

Singles Bracket out of 112 entrants!!

GOOD **** TO EVERYONE
(I <3 MattR LOL)
0_0
112 entrants
in melee O_o
this is unheard of *sarcasm*
good stuff IHSB XD

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone for coming and making this a great tournament.

3rd strike players - I wish I got a chance to play all of you guys but I'm glad we had a setup. Thanks to whoever brought it (dmac?).

Matt - Hot **** dude. I'm sorry we yelled at you not to play falco for game one of the second set of the finals.

Tom - Challenge your brother to a $200 MM.

Legan - You were the Link player that stayed at the twins' right? If so those were some **** good Link dittos. Why is Link so much fun?

The rest of the Champaign or former Champaign crew - You know what I think of you. Good to see the out of towners. You guys should come down more often.

Sliq - Awesome costume, I'm still surprised I beat you in pools.

I wish I had gotten to play some more people, but the last few rounds of the tournament were absolutely amazing and I could not pull myself away.

Next time I'm going to make it out of pools dammit.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Shoutouts from a Melee noob:

Viperboy: Thanks for the place to stay for 2 nights. Great times. Always my favorite Melee player.

Lemon: You're tall.

Dope: Funniest drunk man ever.

Ziijn: I appreciate the matches and teachings. You are alot nicer in person.

Tink: We whooped *** at Vboys house in doubles. And yeah, I'm only getting into it more from here.

Sliq: My recording equipment was honored to have you commentate on it. Haha, that was hella fun. Vids + commentary will be up in a week or so.

Darkrain: SORRY MAN! HAHA I would have felt so bad if you had lost that set. (for those of you that dont know what we are talking about that was when Dark told us to stop commentating. Its all caught on the recording device, it will make for some great moments once I get these vids posted.

All others: Thanks for a great time. Brawl-to-Melee convert?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't know if you're serious or not, but anyone who spills something on the floor and doesn't bother to
1. clean it up,
2. ask me where to get paper towels to clean it up, or at the very LEAST
3. tell me that "someone" made a mess and I should make someone clean it up,
is a lazy idiot and/or jerk.

I have no idea how anyone who is more than 8 years old can make a mess and just leave it there.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
HAHA YESS!

I just listened to darkrain vs. sourusch commentary, and you can actually hear Darkrain say, "Sliq, can you stop. Can you guys stop for awhile? Stop." HAHAHA. He said it right after Sliq is like "Darkrain, is eating backairs."x

WOWW this is great. Also, I think I missed one match when my camera went out. The first one of Darkrain vs dope. I have the commentary for it, but no match. Please withold your singles uploads, besides that one, because I have great video and commentary for the following sets:

Viperboy vs. Spaceballs
Dope vs. Mattr
Darkrain vs. Sourousch
Watty vs. Edde
Darkrain vs. Watty
Darkrain vs. Viperboy
Darkrain vs. Dope
Darkrain vs. Matt (Grand Finals)

Nice eh?

brendol

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you're serious or not, but anyone who spills something on the floor and doesn't bother to
1. clean it up,
2. ask me where to get paper towels to clean it up, or at the very LEAST
3. tell me that "someone" made a mess and I should make someone clean it up,
is a lazy idiot and/or jerk.

I have no idea how anyone who is more than 8 years old can make a mess and just leave it there.
i thought it was pretty funny when the guy on the megaphone said "whoever spilled their drink in the middle of the floor, please come here so i can break your neck."

i didnt actually do it, but i saw the guy who did. he was walking with his cap off of his water bottle, and somehow he tipped his water bottle and spilled a bunch. he just looked at it and tried to spread it with his shoes lol.

soap

Smash Hero
hahaha omg i wouldnt doubt it souroush doesnt give a ****

this tournyment made me sad and want to quit.
thats my real shoutouts.
if u dont feel like getting better u may as well quit

if not ill come over and play with u, i still wanna get better.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
this tournyment made me sad and want to quit.
thats my real shoutouts.
Haha, I feel you man. I thought man I suck at this game and won't improve.

Anyways, shoutouts to Tink for having awesome falcon dittos. upairs all dai I will destroy you in falcon dittos next time.

BlackPanther for just being awesome.

Kels for the spacies practice.

Legan for thinking my Link was good.

All the midwest falcons for being good with falcon.

Midwest people for hosting this tourney.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
i thought it was pretty funny when the guy on the megaphone said "whoever spilled their drink in the middle of the floor, please come here so i can break your neck."
I was the guy on the megaphone. I was also the bearded guy who ran (not just helped) the tournament, and I wrote that sign. Is there anything I can't do?

Don't answer that.

Doomshroom

Smash Rookie
lol, people don't know who andy is....
ok, so shoutout time

AOB- Thanks for putting this together and getting it to run so smoothly. I think I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate how much effort you put into hosting an enjoyable, memorable tourney. You are a friggin trooper for continuing to do this every year. Thanks man.

Eddie- Holy crap. You're still around. And still amazing. Hell Yes!

Legan- I still need to get my 5 dollars back from you when I MM you in Edwardsville. Be prepared. ****, you have a smooth Link!

Ripple- Get that Roy back in working form. **** some kids up!

JBM- Keep staying true to Team I.O.W.A. You're frickin good! btw, why didn't captain love come? I miss our double ganon team... :(

Nick- What can I say? I guess we're doomed to never do well in singles. Whatever, teams is where it's at!

Geno- You're a friggin trip man, it was fun playing you and atma in teams. Your dittos with Blake might possibly have been the highlight of the toruney for me... M2, pika, then DK? From now on, If we're against each other in a bracket, I expect dittos too. Lol at AOB seeing two Mewtwos on screen and assuming they were friendlies.

Luke- **** son, you played real nice... it's aggravating that you've been playing half the time I have but are probably better in tourney.... I know that statement doesn't need a probably, but it's a hard thing to admit. Get off my ***!

Brett- Yeah, you have a ways to go, but at least you'll make friends through your recorded videos! Good job at your first tourney, honestly.

IHSB- I didn't get the chance to play you this time around, but I expect some friendlies next time. Good **** with that 9th place finish.

Everyone I played, both in tourney and in friendlies- ggs and hella good sportsmanship. I had a real great time, and I finally think I'm gonna take "Getting better" seriously.

Again, many thanks to Andy and to everyone else who had a hand in organizing/running the tourney. Can't wait to do it all over again.

Doomshroom

Smash Rookie
yeah... definitely just changed it to Gambit, though you could make your avatar the pichu and carry the Cuteness Torch for a little while.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol, people don't know who andy is....
ok, so shoutout time

AOB- Thanks for putting this together and getting it to run so smoothly. I think I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate how much effort you put into hosting an enjoyable, memorable tourney. You are a friggin trooper for continuing to do this every year. Thanks man.

Eddie- Holy crap. You're still around. And still amazing. Hell Yes!

Legan- I still need to get my 5 dollars back from you when I MM you in Edwardsville. Be prepared. ****, you have a smooth Link!

Ripple- Get that Roy back in working form. **** some kids up!

JBM- Keep staying true to Team I.O.W.A. You're frickin good! btw, why didn't captain love come? I miss our double ganon team... :(

Nick- What can I say? I guess we're doomed to never do well in singles. Whatever, teams is where it's at!

Geno- You're a friggin trip man, it was fun playing you and atma in teams. Your dittos with Blake might possibly have been the highlight of the toruney for me... M2, pika, then DK? From now on, If we're against each other in a bracket, I expect dittos too. Lol at AOB seeing two Mewtwos on screen and assuming they were friendlies.

Luke- **** son, you played real nice... it's aggravating that you've been playing half the time I have but are probably better in tourney.... I know that statement doesn't need a probably, but it's a hard thing to admit. Get off my ***!

Brett- Yeah, you have a ways to go, but at least you'll make friends through your recorded videos! Good job at your first tourney, honestly.

IHSB- I didn't get the chance to play you this time around, but I expect some friendlies next time. Good **** with that 9th place finish.

Everyone I played, both in tourney and in friendlies- ggs and hella good sportsmanship. I had a real great time, and I finally think I'm gonna take "Getting better" seriously.

Again, many thanks to Andy and to everyone else who had a hand in organizing/running the tourney. Can't wait to do it all over again.
lol wow dude massive compliments much?
just keep my ganon weakness on the DL =P
good thing playing really well in a really hard pool doesn't get you any recognition or accomplishment (brackets) LOL
now I feel bad because I didn't shout out irl friends
so I guess I'll do it now?
derek-top 2 teams advance--oranos+gambit made brackets--whaaaat!? :]
too bad we took different cars, we would have had a blast on the way there and back..oh well
I wish I could have seen how you're ******* falco did haha
nick-I heard you helped the naperville kids out a lot--how typical. Captain "I'm REALLY nice" strikes again
whether I act like I appreciate the advice you give me or not, I do and I DO actually implement it into my game
brett-you've got a lot of potential. i know from the halo days that you learn extremely fast, and you're good teamwork+team attitude has already carried over to melee. once you get l cancels down and learn proper spacing, dashdancing, and just the game in general, i'm pretty sure you're gunna start taking games off of me, and it wont be as long as you think
and we took games off of viperboy/lemon, and cosmo/18spikes. not a small accomplishment
blake-PLAY A GOOD CHARACTER. SERIOUSLY. your set with geno was ****ing hilarious. you showed him what was up in m2 dittos, and i bet you could beat jiano in dk dittos :p
thanks for driving me for free and going to peoria--even though your mom called us flat out idiots (LOL) it was def. a good decision
and you're pretty much the reason why I've gotten to much better so fast--I remember when you used to 3 stocked me every game. and i'm pretty sure *****es don't know bout your roy
and I dare you to make fun of my marth wavedashes more. I DARE YOU.

Cups

Smash Ace
AOB can be as mean as he wants to me if he's gonna run a pro *** tournament like that was.

Well run singles and doubles tourney with 110+ entrants in a little over 12 hours that ended 30 minutes before it was advertised with plenty of time for ******** amounts of friendlies, all in one day. Pro. Ask the guys that went to TO4 how they felt this tournament compared.

SeVeReD

Smash Rookie
I hope everyone comes to this again. Yes, I'm planning on a things a year away.
Next time you will all be complaining on how you lost to me.
But no really. I'll be in Smashing Illini next year anyway, where apparently the oldest Melee players may be leaving and there are too many brawlers.
I'm glad I'll able to help set everything up next time though.

Watty

Smash Lord
I hope everyone comes to this again. Yes, I'm planning on a things a year away.
Next time you will all be complaining on how you lost to me.
But no really. I'll be in Smashing Illini next year anyway, where apparently the oldest Melee players may be leaving and there are too many brawlers.
I'm glad I'll able to help set everything up next time though.
im gonna eat ur *** next time:mad:

Top Bottom