• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

DiCubed

Smash Rookie
ok whens the next melee tourny? and how many ppl think if i were to make a sig shop ppl would post on it?
blendz your renders moar...andd the contrast from text to bg is liek WOWZ0MG. and that too could be render a lil bit better. *a little* (well not really if ur 1337 w/ smudging and blending and such....) errrr i dno o.o ... -not meant to be critical or mean- but i think u needs moar practice before you make a shop, theres lots of good sig artists around swf so i dont think anyone would come to you . D=

*feels like a bish*

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
4/10

6/10

6/10

Sorry if I'm rough, my friend used to do sigs and stuff for some forum and he'd make me rate them all the time lol. Kinda funny how they had a forum for sig making battles roflz.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I think a sig shop would be a good idea. Sig shops sound like a good way to improve on things and try out different styles.

I'll just comment on your overall style because doing a review for all of them is too much and you probably wouldn't read it anyways <_<

Your backgrounds are really cool looking and you have some good choice of text. But your renders/stocks don't really fit in with your backgrounds for different reasons.. Like colours and blending. You should just look for a basic colour scheme for the sig and stick it with and make the background fit the render or manipulate the renders to blend in the backgrounds. Don't go too far when you're blending them or they'll be too unclear.
As for text, you don't always have to make it stand out so much.. Simplicity is a good way to go for most text. I always find text to be the hardest parts in sigs, for some strange reason. Oh yeah, always make borders. They don't have to be all complicated either.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
There's not much I can say about the sigs that hasn't been said yet, but I would just aim for some more consistency between the text and the background (both of which are cool, but don't entirely go together well). It looks really cool when the text is almost part of the background, but still very readable. One thing I do is just create a selection around the text, delete it, and then i've got the selected space to work with while maintaining the previous texture, which I can manipulate however I want. I find it yields excellent results in text-background consistency, and still looks really cool. Also, on the second one the guy on the right is really hard to see. They look awesome though, and tbh most people probably won't notice the things we did.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
May is the best month of the year.
Spring fully blooming.

Not to mention I was born in May.
Can you digg it?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol may sucks i got so many projects TT-TT

here new sig guys plz rate =D, oh and the imgae i used was in black and white when i found so i asked my friend to colour it for me.....so yea.......

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hey guys got some more pics for u guys to rate, =D 2 of them are only backgrounds cuz i'm running out of pics to use, if u guys got any send them in and i'll try my best =D

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
go to planetrenders(dot)net and you'll find a lot of renders you can use
you gotta register, but it's not too bad

You're getting better at making the renders work with the background
The quality of your renders aren't really the best, so go to that site and find some lol
That blue sig is kind of blurry. You probably gave it that effect on purpose, but I guess it's my own opinion
The green one is cool, but I don't like the border. Noooo don't use bevel&embross (or whatever it's called) on borders!

Top Bottom