• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
holy hags I hope this doesn't keep up. Good luck on your exams btw. Anyway on to other stuffs...

Singles Pools --- 12 : 30 -- 4 : 30
Doubles --- 5 : 00 -- 7 : 00
Food --- 7 : 00 -- 8 : 00
Singles Bracket --- 8 : 00 -- 11 : 00

David also mentioned that it'll just be seeded brackets if there are less than 20 people. Now, here's a list of the tournament regulars of the past:

Me
Lone Wolf
I.B
D.B (not entering)
Sanuzi (not coming; exams)
coolhat (stopped playing so far as we know, but not sure)
Jagg (not entering if he comes)
C 3 (ditto)
Switchblade (not coming)
KirbyKaze
RaynEX (not coming; work)
Unknown522
Europhoria
Ambrose
Wilkins
DeLoRtEd1 (not coming; brawl only player)
runawayfire (not coming; brawl only player)
Afro_Chris
Lanowen (stopped playing, so far as we know)
worldjem7 (not coming; brawl only player)

Some other people that came to the last one:

Boogers
Peterx
Hobo
Allen

I'm really not sure about these guys. I don't think I've ever spoken to them, so I have no idea if they'll come to this one too. Peterx seems to want to come, so we can add him to the list (we'll take you off if you want). I've looked through the last few posts and the only other person that has expressed interest is Idea, who hasn't confirmed, but we'll add him (or her) to the list because bigger numbers are more encouraging. Also, Jeffman has spoken to me about him and Treasure possibly coming, so we'll add them too. People can always be taken off if they're not coming, so it doesn't hurt.

So here's the list so far:

1. Me
2. Lone Wolf
3. I.B
4. KirbyKaze
5. Unknown522
6. Europhoria
7. Ambrose
8. Wilkins
9. Afro_Chris
10. Peterx
11. Idea -----\
12. Jeffman --} unconfirmed
13. Treasure /

So, even being optimistic, there might be 13 people coming to this. If Brampton comes, there are I believe 3 Melee players there (Desh, aAndy and Nightmare), and I'm unsure/doubtful about Niagra. Pretty sure everyone there still plays Brawl.

So if Brampton comes, we might have MAX 16 people. Unless someone unexpected or some randoms come. Either way, I really doubt we're going to have 20 people for this. The possibility of even >10 people is unlikely. So, based on this, I would like to suggest a new schedule (which excludes pools):

Doubles Bracket --- 1 : 00 -- 3 : 00
Singles Bracket --- 4 : 00 -- 8 : 00 (I added another hour because we'll most likely be going out for food some time in there)
Crew Battle? --- 8 : 00 -- 9 : 00
Friendlies --- 9 : 00 -- 11 : 00

God knows things tend to go off schedule, but I think these times are reasonable as long as people are a) on time in the first place and b) not wasting a lot of time. With 4-5 TVs, it shouldn't be too hard to get through a bracket of <16 people anyway.

Note to newcomers on food: food isn't supplied. We usually walk to Wendy's to eat, so bring money. I'm not sure if David still supplies pop, but it used to be that you could buy some there. I forget exactly how it works. I would suggest bringing something to drink though.

I guess that's about it. Hopefully we hear from Jeffman about whether or not him and Treasure are coming soon.

3 days people ;)

PS. I'm accepting MM challenges from anyone.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
yeah so brampton is being lame and most likely not coming =/
unless some magical unicorn appears and drives me over there or something

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
lolololol

Also, there's now a chance that I MIGHT come over to this
the magical driving unicorn has appeared before me
it's the new guy from brampton that you guys haven't really met lol

but that's still only like 2 brampton people so yeah =[[[[[[[[[[
we don't need those other scrubs anyways, rite

Grmo

Smash Champion
^ bets sig ever. also yay =D 3 more people. Possibly 16 now. let me update the list (ahem david)

1. Me
2. Lone Wolf
3. I.B
4. KirbyKaze
5. Unknown522
6. Europhoria
7. Ambrose
8. Wilkins
9. Afro_Chris
10. Peterx
11. Boogers
12. aAndy
13. Night
14. Idea *

* = unconfirmed

PS. Boogers, if you change your mind it's no big deal. This list isn't concrete or anything.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
>_>

the voices are compelling me to listen to you. so i shall. updating momentarily (ie. when there isn't so much lag and i can actually get these pages to load w/o the 10000 refreshes -____-)

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'm at school.... waiting in the interview building! I have three interviews today ><... so nervous.

Wish me luck ;_;

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yay! I screwed up quite a bit.. but I hope I did alright. Two left. One in a half hour, the other in an hour.... eck

Grmo

Smash Champion
lol Josh I hope the interviews went well.

anyway...

1. Me
2. Lone Wolf
3. I.B
4. KirbyKaze
5. Unknown522
6. Europhoria
7. Ambrose
8. Wilkins
9. Afro_Chris
10. Peterx
11. Boogers
12. aAndy
13. Night
14. Boogers' friend
15. Idea *

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i'm coming. don't know why i waited this long to confirm. maybe it's just cool to have people i don't know talking about me =P

and i'll bring gc/melee.

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
crap man this sucks i can't go :'( no fair... but at any rate just putting this out there might not be the best thing but if some ppl wanna come to my house after or instead of david's they can my mom will leave food for us to eat on saturday. But i warn u i live in a 2 bedroom apt. It will be cramped if that many ppl are coming XD. And if anyone wants to come over after or something maybe on sunday they are more than welcome too. Just ask around for my number and my address or whatever. just throwing it out there. *sad face* can't come. blargh. boredom already taking over.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
grmo says:
i really hope adnan and matt come
grmo says:
at least
grmo says:
we need to bother adnan
*Suju* --- Sunshine of Your Love says:
indeed
grmo says:
more like you need to go up to him during a match and start trying to seduce him
lol
wait i need to post that

Grmo

Smash Champion
1. Me
2. Jagg
3. I.B
4. KirbyKaze
5. Unknown522
6. Europhoria
7. Afro_Chris
8. Idea
9. Peterx
10. Boogers
11. aAndy
12. Night
13. Boogers' friend
14. Lone Wolf *
15. Switchblade *
16. Metaknight0 *

LOL Mike you actually did post that

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I doubt it. We've all pretty much agreed to keep them entirely separated, due to conflict of interest. >_>

The last thing we should do is try to merge again. Lets try detaching them for now, and if we don't like the way things are going we'll change the format.

Sliq

Smash Master
I might come to this, although I haven't played Melee in forever and will undoubtedly get my *** handed to me. I'm torn between my want to play and my having to cross into the Canadian border, requiring paper work I do not have.

peterx

Smash Apprentice
crap , I'm gonna get my A$$ handed to me tommorow LOL, I was supposed to borrow melee from my friend today, but he forgot it -_-

Boogers_

Smash Cadet
mhm bad news =[
My friend doesn't feel like coming anymore as he's making his transition into a brawl only player, and I don't really feel like making the journey on my own, sorry guys

Top Bottom