• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

takieddine

Smash Master
Sometime before the summer ends. So fairly soon everyone tell your friends. It can be the largest Melee tourney to be held after brawl, so everyone tell your friends.

I fawken love waluigi.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Just once, and it was very brief. I played you in a friendly teams match at a NY weekly. (I believe you were teamin with alukard)

We'll meet again, and I'll introduce myself next time.
nah that was my partner dionis ... when me and him got 2nd i think at smashtality

i remember ever so gently lololol =)

JFox

Smash Hero
lol, nah that was a different time. ive played you a few times, but i've played hax only once and it was at the bi-weekly. it was just a friendly too, it wasn't in tourney. i was teaming with moo(yoshiiscool)

I don't ever enter doubles...

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
How many crews matches were recorded?

I know all of them weren't recorded and on the Tunes side I'm fairly sure the only crew battles that were recorded were vs LK's crew and the Minibosses.

I'm interested in seeing TSA NJ's performance >_<.

Scar loves me even though for some really weird reason I mess up his seeding every time because under some very strange circumstances I'm always entered in singles ;).

And I love you too :p

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Ken34: Nice Brawlin afterwards... ahhh *cough* melee sucks *cough*. You were a true samus fan. [edit: you're not NY, but I got you anyways, don't worry]
nice chillin wit you, your brawl samus is really nice. I still like melee alot more than brawl though.:)

good stuff to everyone I played, it was fun.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
GODDAMMIT i wish i could have come to this, but i had no ride and it's like 4 hours away. ill plan ahead for the next one and def will try my best to make it. im getting so much better at melee, i even beat cyrain in a falcon ditto. brawl will never be as exciting, ever.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
GODDAMMIT i wish i could have come to this, but i had no ride and it's like 4 hours away. ill plan ahead for the next one and def will try my best to make it. im getting so much better at melee, i even beat cyrain in a falcon ditto. brawl will never be as exciting, ever.
hey you should've got a ride with one of the md guys that came up here, but yeah, just plan ahead for the next one, hope to see you there, the more the better

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Time to get my shoutouz in here... Hopefully I don't miss anyone...

M2K - I'm never MM'ing you, unless I'm better than you in Brawl. Money Match in 2 weeks! :laugh:
Eggm - I wasn't in your pool this time!
Cactuar - Thanks for the extra practice before the tourney started
JMan - You ***** our crew :(
Tec0 - Lol at teams match on poke floats!
Plank - I'm glad you and the rest of MD/VA could make it up. You're too good, we had no chance of beating ur crew cause of you.
Wife - Kinda wish I coulda gotten a chance to friendly you 1v1. Good stuff in crews and team friendlies.
Lord Knight is Stupid - You might be able to take off 14 stocks in a crew battle, but Waluigi could have taken off 15 stocks.
Scar - Great tourney as always. How long did it run? There's gotta be a way to have a full Melee tourney with more people out of pools and crew battles lol.
Alukard - You're too nice and wrecked us in teams and finished off our crew lol.
Taki - Nice to see that Pittsburg came, and I can't wait for Smashtastrophe 2. Your appearance at SPOC was rated M... for FAWKEN SUCKS!
Hat - Man when did you pick up Falcon? I've got nothing on it lol.
Vanz - This weekend. Brawl money match.
Mogwai - Same as Taki, great to see Pittsburg come to this, for you being at yet another SPOC.
SCOTM - We beat who we should beat and lost to who we shoulda lost lol. In crews, NEVER practice techs inbetween deaths lol.
Pakman - Good stuff in Brawl, I gotta play you more in it. I saw some of you in the crew battle, good stuff.
Eazy - I'm a master of missiles and terrible DI lol
Lolmaster - Welcome to the crew! You're Marth is a mad nice and did great in the crew battles. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Triad - We're workin on gettin' better lol. We need to have a crew meeting and practice soon. I'm thinking in like 3 weeks at your place if you don't mind? Your located like right in the middle of all of us.
Velocity - Where were you in singles? Don't tell me Brawl made you suck that much lol.
Jollies n' Lil Goepel - Glad to see ya at another tourney, good stuff in crews. Jollies - we need to go bowling again soon, that was pretty fun.
Vex - My Sonic > Your Boozer. Always. lol
Talwind - You never told me you can control the lasers on Corneria! What is this!? I don't even...
Reik - Did you enter singles? Cool seein ya at another tourney.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
The man who couldn't stop shouting out continues:

Kasumi, I don't know who you are, but I like you just by your posts. You seem like a pretty cool and friendly guy. We should play, but most likely we won't cuz we live in separate states...

Resuts?
I'm a little whiny in person, trust me. (Or ask Vex.) But thanks a lot for posting that. It brightens my day when someone takes time of their day to pay a compliment. It seriously means something to me. If you ever make it to one of these SPOCs I'll probably be there and we can play. I can't do much out of state travel though.

Kasumi if we lived close enough I would help with Link, Marth and Falco
Part of the problem is I can't seem to find competitive players near me. Within say... 20 minutes. Luckily I may be able to come to philly a tad more to play people out of tournament.

To the people in my pool besides Clai and Scar:

Sorry I forgot you two.

Hat: The look on your face after getting hit by the Peach bomber is something I won't forget for a long time. You destroyed me, but I enjoyed the matches.

Atem (Couldn't read the rest handwriting johns): I was actually REALLY confident I could beat your fox after watching you play. You proved me wrong. The Sheik vs Doc match was my most intense match of the pool. It felt really close. Also, I've never seem anyone counter pick with Green Greens. But you won that matches and I didn't see it coming. Come to think of it, I underestimated you twice. Surprised me both times.

Swiftbass: I'm pretty sure we played early in the day. Sorry I forgot you. I played teams against you and a few 1 v 1s. I liked playing you, because you were pretty nice/encouraging. "That was pretty **** there for a second, Doc." Made me feel more comfortable about fighting the spacies, so thanks.

Hax: I forgot to ask you where you got your Jesus Love This Guy shirt. I've gotta know.

Velocity: We didn't play, but seeing you play with that gutted controller was one of the highlights of the day. I finally started using a Doc tip you gave me a while ago, to ftilt fox/falco illusions that are recovering above the stage. Thanks for that.

To finish of the book, (is anyone still reading?) I should be able to make SPOC more consistently now. I usually make it by the skin of my teeth, but I got a new ride who actually has a reason to go to Philly now.

Edit: Vex, friend code is now in my profile. I'll add yours as well. I'm not that active, but expect me around 3-4 on weekdays.

Alukard

Smash Hero
shout outs finally ... i been busy and i got home yesterday like at 4 from eggm's ...

FIRST TO EGGM!!! thanks for everything man ... without u ny wouldn't b able to make it to the tourney ... also thanks for letting crash at ur place till the morning ...

cheeze-it ... thanks for using ur ez pass and stuff ... also GG in the tourney

TEC9!!!! ... u have to come ot the next spoc man ... i WILL b there earlier and we can get the warm ups we need ... we got 7th and we had a ******** bracket lol .. just try to make it man

swift- great friendlies ... hopefully u can make it to the next spoc

tec0 ... dam sheik is super effective against samus ... its not even right ... charge blast negated by a single needle ... *cries* lol ... GG's

vanz ... thanks for the fruit punch ... gg in singles

aziz... thanks for everything dude ... also ... u and jesus need to step it up ... u can't win every tourney without practice lol ...

jesus ... good **** =)

grill ... ur sexy and we both love sexy music =)

plank ... sheik is gay but ur cool =) u also like smexy music

wife ... ur peach is flawless against marth wtf

m2k ... pick marth against my samus u ******* ... >.>

cactuarz ... see i told u i was better then u thought =)

reik ... GG's great falco combo's as always

mogwai ... good **** ... scary *** set lol

sheik player i dind't get ur name ... mad fun friendlies =)

woz ... ur mad cool dude fun crew battle

copycat .. ur mad cool too ... fun friendlies =)

sensei ... fun match in crews =)

pacman... wtf DO i do against luigi ... just tell me plz ... sheesh >.> .. u wrecked me *tear*

velocity... thanks for giving me ur spot ... i got out of that death pool after all lol

last but definitely not least my N!GGAH
SCARRRRRRRR..... ur the ****ing man ... god dam son ... u really gotta stop beasting ... but plz don't stop throwing these ... melee is the best game to ever b competitive ... i love you u mo fo lol

ANYONE I MISSED i'm sry ... i can't wait for the next spoc ... =) ... spoc VI-FAWK BRAWL AGAIN!!!

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
This thread madly owns the results thread.

Just to start off, if anyone thought my yelling was unnecessary, you are right. It was completely uncalled for and I apologize. I was just frustrated at how badly I played at pools when I was doing completely fine minutes beforehand. Seriously, those pools might have been the worst playing of my competitive career, and it had to wrap all up with a 1-hit Rest KO by Jigglypuff. That is as legal of a reason to shout, "FAWK!" as any. I'm sorry, I'll try to keep my temper cooled next time.

Now, time for Clai to give some shoutouts!

@M2K: That exchange we had with the soda was priceless. You make the coolest expressions on your face I have possibly seen. And the johns you have when practicing with Cactaur are top tier.
@Winning vs. Clai in singles with Yoshi (Eggm): If I were any good at pools, I would have never been able to become your personal patsy. And that wouldn't be fun, would it?
@Tec0: Wait, a tournament where you're not in pools with me, unbelievable. We were supposed to play random matches, and instead I played random dittos with Cactaur. Sowwy... :(
@FALCON... PAUNCH!!!! (Scar): You are an inspiration. I'll come over to Upenn any time to hang out. You're just so cool. P.S. I want that Falcon ditto You'tubed, if only for the lulz ending.
@Vanz: Hopefully I presented somewhat of a challenge for those two dollars. Your Young Link was beastly like I've never witnessed before.
@Mad Ballins for maining Luigi (Pakman): It's confirmed, I want to be a Pakman underling. Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka.
@All the cool people I never got to talk with (Wife, Plank, Alukard, Hax, m00, Sensei, Cheezit, Eazy and all the other mad players): Wish to talk to you guys in the future. I'll be the one carrying a ridiculous sign on my person (lol to all of those that lost to Eggm in singles. Oh, the irony.)

@Kasumi: Yeah, I never have much confidence in these tournaments, that would be due to the fact that I have absolutely nobody at Villanova who is nearly as competitive as I am, so I expect everyone else to take leaps and bounds that I can't have... Thanks for complimenting the Game and Watch- I take pride with my low-tier playing, it's much more fun than having to see Foxes and Marths all the time. And yeah, when me meet in pools next time, my Luigi isn't going down easy.
@Drexel University: I'm jealous of your smash-playing abilities. But wait, guess who's at the Sweet 16 in Men's NC-Double-A? Oh, right, your RPI is 241. Sorry they don't make tournaments for those. :laugh:
@Was going to say something nice here before realized he NEVER INCLUDES ME IN HIS SHOUTOUT POSTS WHEN I PLAY HIM WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? (GOTM): It was mad fun playing with you, singles and teams, even it means having to go up with your FAWKEN FAWX! You are getting mad good at this game and it makes me sad that I am getting too slow to not being able to compete with you. By any instance, though, when you try to show me up with my man Luigi, that's when the gloves come off. *Puts up a Why-I-Oughta expression*
@Vex: Thanks for the playing, we always find some way of getting a match with Bowser off somehow. And yeah, Luigi *****.
@AlexanderTriad: I'm from NY, where's the love? I need to get better against good Samuses.
@Anyone who played 'Losing vs. Eggm in Singles' and I have not recognized: Good playin.

And the one shoutout that is absolutely necessary to have:
@Captain Falcon: You are seriously the most jacked guy ever and possibly the only person I can say this about and not look gay. You are just constantly flexing all the time and you emanate manliness everywhere. Just going around sending KN33S everywhere and just wrecking everyone. I apologize for not being fast enough to handle your awesomeness, but it will come in time. Falcon Punching should be a law and I try to follow it wherever possible. I don't care what they did to you in Brawl, they just did it because the game engine couldn't handle the intense amounts of man. Captain Falcon forever, keep on kneeing.

Velocity

Smash Lord
In case anyone is wondering why I was not in singles It was a number of reasons first is brawl but I didn't care until my controller went on the fritz (Ask JMAN) and then on top of that alukard wanted to enter. still mad fun even though I'm playing brawl I'm going to try to keep up with melee for these. specially for crews.

GOTM

Smash Champion
@Was going to say something nice here before realized he NEVER INCLUDES ME IN HIS SHOUTOUT POSTS WHEN I PLAY HIM WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? (GOTM): It was mad fun playing with you, singles and teams, even it means having to go up with your FAWKEN FAWX! You are getting mad good at this game and it makes me sad that I am getting too slow to not being able to compete with you. By any instance, though, when you try to show me up with my man Luigi, that's when the gloves come off. *Puts up a Why-I-Oughta expression*
ahh!!!! fawk dude. i do always forget to put you in my shoutouts, lol.

this time though i have an excuse, pools results werent put up and i just used all the results to do shoutouts from, with the exception of some crewmates and people i knew that travelled all the way from pitt.

i feel terrible :( good stuff though dude, those teams matches were fun as hell. we need to friendly at upcoming local tournies. you should come to drexel sometime

Cia

das kwl
GG's everyone. the only reason I'm not giving individual shoutouts is because I'm posting from a sidekick LOL..

but I do wanna thank scar for saving my life w/ SPOC V (no matter how bad I did)

I'm going to play my Ice Climbers next time and see how well I fare :)

I'm also looking forward to seeing the crew battle vidz

Scar

#HarveyDent
LOL Shut up Vanz, I hate ICs. You are too good @ Smash. Thanks for coming man, I was really upset when I thought you weren't going to.

takieddine

Smash Master
SCOTM - I FAWKEN LOVE YOU. Stop instant upb-ing, lol. wow you are just gonna throw stuff and run away? god i wanna **** you.
Scar - Fawken awesome tourney thanks for hosting. How the Fawk did you get so good.
CHIBO-

Pakman- Ooooooh girl, luigi death combos.
Sensei- Awesome seeing you again.
Woz - Great seeing you again, you are seriously amazing at Super Smash Brothers: Melee for the Nintendo GameCube system. Enter more tournaments.
Reik- The main reason I came. Your falco is probably the best I saw in teams, ever. Sad you had to leave early, I really wanted to get some friendlies in.
Eggmaster- good **** on getting second you were playing well that day.
Swift-Good **** on placing waay up there.
Cactuar- Your fox is too smart. Could not predict what the **** you were gonna do next.
Mogwai - Thanks for driving, and just being fawken awesome.
XYT - You should have made it out of pools so you could **** some.
Lord Knight- Awesome set.
HAX - ADRUKA DURKA, DURKA DURKA DE.
J-man- Jesus is my homeboy!
HAT - Close set, i really had to pull it together on the last stock.

MEW TWO FUXING KING-

Everyone else I played good stuff. Melee for life.

JFox

Smash Hero
Pakman, put some music in the background if theres no sound. (foreign metal would be hot)

just a thought. ( No one likes metal but me :( )

Top Bottom