• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Yea I would agree that out of all the neutrals, FD is the one the breaks alot of match ups and should be able to be banned

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Thats how tournament sets have always been, game 1 is the most important. Just think about how it was pre-pound-ruleset where if you lost game 1 and got to game 3 against a peach you got to ban only 1 of brinstar/mute city/dreamland/kongo

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The fact that a past ruleset was so poor for so long doesn't justify compromising a new ruleset. We should be all about making things better in the current scheme of things.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Definitely, but game 1 should be the most important no matter what. With the addition of stage bans but removal of DSR, game 3 would still be the most important because game 3 could be on the same stage as game 1 (that was previously striken to, and won on by the CPer)

Scythe

Smash Master
Definitely, but game 1 should be the most important no matter what. With the addition of stage bans but removal of DSR, game 3 would still be the most important because game 3 could be on the same stage as game 1 (that was previously striken to, and won on by the CPer)
why can't you add one stage ban without removal of DSR?

ORLY

Smash Master
i'm disappointed in WI for having a smashfest instead of coming out to play (.. again)

booooooooo

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
why can't you add one stage ban without removal of DSR?
Because then players would ban FoD and Dreamland, game 1 would be battlefield and game 2 would be yoshis and then ur left with only PS or FD for game 3 which is lame.

kirkq

Smash Ace
Thats how tournament sets have always been, game 1 is the most important. Just think about how it was pre-pound-ruleset where if you lost game 1 and got to game 3 against a peach you got to ban only 1 of brinstar/mute city/dreamland/kongo
The only one of those you need to ban is mute city. Strike on starters, then before the second match ban one for the set.

If this statement is so true, let's just play one game for the series and have the fastest tournament ever.

Scythe

Smash Master
Because then players would ban FoD and Dreamland, game 1 would be battlefield and game 2 would be yoshis and then ur left with only PS or FD for game 3 which is lame.
why would game 1 be battlefield

Yazz

Smash Apprentice
Lol john! I used to main fox. I was about to reply to the post bfor u edited it. Falcon is where it's at lol. I can't wait till Saturday, I wanna do falcon ditttos with JuggleGuy.

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
After talking with kirk about it for a bit, i want to change the rules for this tournament so there are stage bans but no DSR. Anyone against this change? Anyone for it? Anyone don't care?

Rat

Smash Lord
I also approve of people giving me:
Money
Cans of Soda
High Fives
Criticisms of play
More Money
Lotto Tickets (unused)

ORLY

Smash Master
if the reneblade hype isn't enough to bring WI out of smash no man's land, nothing will

fact: the r bros, me14k, and myself just played like 2 hours of coin battles, slo-mo teams (marth seriously ***** slo-mo teams; it's ****ing unreal), and invisible teams

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ok im sorta jelly i didnt come now

Chris ur coming on friday right? i assume im housing everyone the night before per usual

ORLY

Smash Master
yeah that's the plan. i'll try and find a way out there on friday

i'm gonna actually get some sleep this time though

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Why don't people bring sleeping bags/blankets and go into the bedroom when they want to sleep? I know not everyone can sleep on the bed but the room is quiet enough

Top Bottom