• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT (London) OCT 27th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
Craig, instead of playing smash last night you spent the time infecting your girlfriend with syphilis. Right, so trains are at like 11ish. Meet you on the platform or something.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
GG's everyone hated to have to leave early for a gig a missed lol!

I'll do shout outs after i've finished playing ppl @ spkz's tomorrow

wes: <3 your falcon punch ending :p

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Lolol, anyway Z is sleeping now.

At edmas me, frostbyte and zeppo wanna get a bunch of games with ya GA Wes. Shame we didnt get a set in the tourney (you know i would've beaten frost ;)) Might come up a lil early before edmas or something for practise =D

Also Joe im well impressed with you

Results are really inconclusive due to time suckage,

GA Wes (Win by default)
Frostbyte (2nd by Default)
Fuzzyness (3rd by Default)
4th - Cpt Zeppo
5th - Jam/Edwin
6th - Kman/?/? i duno

As i said inconclusive..

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Lolol, anyway Z is sleeping now.

At edmas me, frostbyte and zeppo wanna get a bunch of games with ya GA Wes. Shame we didnt get a set in the tourney (you know i would've beaten frost ;)) Might come up a lil early before edmas or something for practise =D
Now I know to ban anything with "64" in it.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
huh? whats that suppost to mean.. i saw you lose badly on dk 64 but thats it >_>

Another also, nice ganon GA Wes but it dosen't live expectations, it got piped down with some homebrew falco combos ;D. Never take my last stock lightly ^_^

Kone

Smash Master
Im no where near getting home yet charlie boy ;). Will post a thread up Monday when im in at Uni. Expect a date in a week or so, hopefully that'll be enough time for everywhere to book cheap travel up.

I need some help deciding a date though. Looking at my calender xmas is on a tuesday. Is the saturday before xmas too close for everyone? i obviously wouldn't normally want such a close date but its the only time my house is available for housing. I think the weekend beforehand (15-16) is to early. However, when does everyone break up from education? I know that most uni students will be done! was thinking of possibly running the tournament mid-week. Say like on the wed or thursday. Anyday mon-fri would be fine. That way its a week or so beforehand, my place is free and i dont have to miss work to host. It also means finding a venue easier and cheaper. Can I have everyones opinions please?!

oh, edmas will rock aswell =p . If you havent been to an Ed tournament ask around, they are the **** >_<

Results were something like:

1.GAwes
2.Frostbyte
3.Fuzzyness

4.Cpt.Zeppo

5.Jam5
5.Tears

7.Kone
7.AMCD (i think? maybe kman, though im sure it was them)

ed x

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
first 2 were first and second by default ^_^, there still had to be a loser final between me and frost to decide 2nd, and then finals vs GA Wes (need to win 2 sets)

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Tournament was surprisingly piping despite various Charlie-scrub antics.For one,you and Frost shouldnt have been on the same side of the bracket Charlie boy,I dunno why you did that(though I was well glad since I got to play Wes lol).It should have been you on one side,frost on the other,me on one side,wes on
the other-since you and Frost play all the time.

Just a few shoutouts:

Jam-our teaming was an epic adventure tbh,and we were ****ing amazing at the end.I thought alot of our teamwork came together and we had some beast double hit combos between each other.Also our singles set was ****ing tense,oh my goodness.

GAwes-learnt alot from just watching you.Good games,dittos are amazing.

Edwin-your marth is well smart though if anything I think you probably rely too much on the other person approaching.Also your DI was poor on Falcon but I cant say much since mines pretty ****e lol.Good games though

Craig/Spkz-TY for the housing and the hospitality,its appreciated.Was good times

Paul/Vex-You got alot better and your style has really shaped up.Piping

Joe and AMCD-merchants,well good in teams.Keep it oop

Gerbil

Smash Champion
How did GA_Wes do here????

EDIT: Nevermind, he took first. Wes is taking over England, hell yeah! Way to be an American ^.^ (P.S. Wes, did you see Nite's American Pizza???)

Retroking2000

Smash Master
A few shoutouts ...

Fuzzyness: you tourney was alright but could been a bit faster die to everyone playing alot of friendlies . our match we had was nice though your jigglypuff didnot deserve to win . but NJ .. the sheik match on PS was nice love the ending you gimp *******..

Frostbyte : Gay . that the tourney had to end , frostbyte had his sights set on 1st

Aiko: NIce fox man I was surprised you took some games of me in friendlies but in our pool match I won pretty easy .. where you nervous ??

Spkz : its a shame i did not get to **** you

JO3 : i need to play you ^_^

Cpt Zeppo : Fuxk nice falcon .. I was kind of nervous in our bracket match because fuzzy was bragging about you most of the time saying how good you were , . so i hesitated in approaching you sometimes .. ~ the sheik match was close though

ChrisBoi : he got seeded and didnot make it through pools .. and even worse you got 4 stocked .. that was a shame though

Kman : hell yeah you thougth you could take me out / haha .., Its a shame its your last tourney though

Dire : I never knew the ganon vs marth was so hard

Nexus : how old are you again ( 21 ) old as ken .. haha you did not make it though pools

Gawes : american NUff said

Jam : Nice falco and sheik .. i wanted to play you

Monty : were you sandbagging the whole tourney

Pdot : did not enter singles or doubles .. haha ~ scared of chris boi

Edward : Nice ganondorf though also you are very skilled at ledge teching

grayfox

Smash Champion
who else loves charles insistance that he couldve won it lol

Wes, i hope you live upto the legendary name of wes, i'm callin you out obv.

Best Samus in europe (the world?) will be making a triumphant return at edmas

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Cool tourny all, I had a well good time.

Jus a few shoutouts -

Zeppo -
Yeeeaaahhh man, doubles was amazing. The potential was there through the whole tourny and we really pulled it together. Trial and error triumphs :D Shame we didn't go all the way but tearing up the losers bracket was one of my fav tourny experiences an all credit to us ^_-
The singles set was amazing :o I always look forward to our sets an this obv lived up to the legacy. I hope we get another go at edmas ^_^ Your falcon's nuts as always an it was cool having a crack at your fox in tourny conditions. Let's show these londoners how rubbish they are next tourny =D

Frost -
Mad credit dude. Your marth's evolved to a point that I never would've thought you'd reach so quickly. Your defensive play is second none, spacing's on point an your combos make me feel helpless. Regardless, this is jam5 you're messing with so don't get too comfy haha ^_^

Charles -
Despite the tourny running out of time it was cool =D it's a shame I didn't get a go against your jiggly in singles but tbh getting baired an rested for however long we play is always a deterrant lol. Keep it up obv.

Ryansocks -
Congrats winning the tourny meng =O

GAwes -
Was awesome meeting you man, jus seeing your falcon an the prospect of having a competetive US smasher in the country has made me want to improve an beat your *** down =P I'm taking you down this weekend... squire

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Right, I just got home about an hour ago, ****ing long *** coach, Next time I'm flying down.

Shoutouts -

Wings of Corruption:
Aiko: You're a lot better than what you were at AR2, congratulations getting out of pools. I'll be coming to one of the fest's soon.
WireFrame: You're alot better also, you had no idea on how to fight my climbers though... You need more experiance with them, you should have owned them.
BulletBill: Nice job in doubles ahe? Taking a game wasn't that bad to be honest I didn't really mind losing. I wasn't that bothered, just taking that game was good enough I could tell you were happy when I knee'd VA off Yoshi's Story. Nice seeing you again and see you at a WOC fest soon.
AMCD: What can I say... I'm ****ing impressed. Your peach is very good now nice job in doubles with J03.

RAF:
FrozenWave: Nice climbers, hope to play you again soon when I know the match-up better and don't get owned by your grab games.
Spam: lol at our ness ditto, bad days.
Ouch: **** Luigi! XD. I hate the wavedashing green machine, but yeah nice job beating me... I feel like I played bad but no johns ahe? I hope to play you again one day.

STFU:
J03: Gimping is gay, I'll get you at Edmas or at the WOC fests.
CO3Y: Nice seeing you, didn't have any games, I'll get some at the WOC fests or at Edmas I'll pay you back the 2 quid sometime soon as that cost cutters ***got wouldn't take scottish money.
Smashie: Nice seeing you since Edster. Had a couple of games, good stuff.

SDB:
Kone: I never got to play you again, I'm quite gutted to be honest. I'll hopefully play you at Edmas.
GaWES: Your falcon is amazing, I only got one game in with you but I'll probably do better than getting 3 stocked next time. :p

Team Scrub + VA
Gannondorf guy: Nice. Bad times on Dream Land in Crews. 3SDS by me ftw.
VA: nice seeing you again, had a couple of matches, all good.
Boest: Luigi is getting there, never played it, only watched matches.

Others:
Monty: Nice seeing you again, had a couple of games all good.
Red: Glad you turned up, your Samus isn't bad for not playing in 3 months.
SuperNintendoid: Majorly impressed by your Falcon, GGs and play you at the next one or at a fest sometime.
Kman: Sorry we never had our games. We'll have them at the next one hopefully ahe? :). I'll tell Kev Morton hes gay for not coming to GT to see you.
Sheik guy in my pool: Nice Sheik for your first tournament, :D enjoyed playing you.

Anyone I missed:
Tell me and I'll add you if I feel like it.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Wes: Amasing Falcon, never played a falcon like yours, though every falcon in the UK has a different style Good job on 1st, though things could have happened in the final matches, no johns. I'll make sure to 4 stock you the next time I see you ^_^

Charles: It was ****

Zeppo: Falcon is still on form back with more combos. So hard to approach in the air... our friendly matches were too campy. Also, give up on Sheik cause Sheik is gay. Don't ever go double Sheik again cause Sheik sammiches taste too bi.

Jam: Good stuff man, first time playing you since my first tourney in like April. Can't stress how gay Sheik is and how I have to try and get quick kills.

VA: Bracket match was fun and Money match was even more fun! Seriously, you've improved a helluva lot since last time I played you, I guess I wasn't taking you seriously enough. I have to play really campy just to avoid getting pummeled by your agressive Samus style, there's not much else I can do sadly. Good job getting so good in such a short time though.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i agree with frost on the shiek comment, your falcon and fox are a lot better. And im sure your marth would be a strong matchup too

Predicted (2nd was mine) "would've been ****"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom