• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT (London) OCT 27th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
pool 4 is easy,I really dont see anyway in which the two highest seeds would fail to make it through.

Im saying simply even the pools out abit,its not that hard.Also,I stressed that I wasnt trying to make a big deal and I'll stress it again,little things like this which are only really to do with the hosts get blown way out of proportion in UK threads.

craiigg

Smash Lord
pft easy pools hard pools, its gonna happen any way you put it so leave them be its all for fun and everyone who doesn't get through can pick the pools john

edit: zeppo how can you guess how good people have gotten to beat seeds if you aint watched them play since AR2 =S

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Craig:Im more than aware that people are improving all the time but all we can go on is whats been piped in the past.

eg. If you simply switched Frozenwave with Craig and Edwin with Foulplay the pools would immediately be alot better.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
A sad day indeed.

You never told me you played! London smashers are the best pianists too. We'll MM anyone at piano.
Lol lol lol, we'll take everyones money too haha! But yea man, i knew u played tho bro! Sliq Ice told me that u were SICK!! I hear that v3x? is pretty sick on the keys aswell man! Im not amazing but im getting there lol!:laugh:

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
yo JO3 you didnt reply to my post in the other thread about the MM?

J03

Smash Master
sorry mengz, ive been offline for a few days, im guessing you wanted a fox ditto, or a marth ditto?

**** that, hows about a best of 5 set? im not to bothered about the price but it should be fun ^^

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Just a standard set - dont care who you play lol :p best of 5 asp + dsr?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I dont really care if i am seeded or not tbh

but i do agree that the pools are lame because weird jewish boy (fuzzy) did the pools by random selection
Randomisation is the only way you can eliminate bias. The pools are fine IMO. You can only have a certain amount of high seeds so there is bound to be some very good non-seeds, but thats just the luck of the draw.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
No question Im playing you Chris.Wouldnt miss it for a bleshnee.

btw OwnA-Yoshi dittos here we come.And Yoshi vs Roy is gonna be monumentous.

COEY

Smash Lord
It's your tourney man, remeber that. If you personally think Edwin is defintely good enough to be seeded without a shadow of a doubt then do it. At the end of the day the best 24 players coming are the ones who should make it through pools, sometimes past results can help but to get accurate results we need the best players making it through to the brackets.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
if people ain't against it i'll seed edwin instead
im against it lol

So far the seeds are right as per previous tournaments and placements. The whole point of seeds is to try and keep the best people not playing each other too early on. But i think it should be nice to hopefully have some newcomers take out some of the high rollers.

COEY

Smash Lord
im against it lol

So far the seeds are right as per previous tournaments and placements. The whole point of seeds is to try and keep the best people not playing each other too early on. But i think it should be nice to hopefully have some newcomers take out some of the high rollers.
Well if it's off previous tourney results then i should be seeded as i'm currently ranked 12th according to the UK rankings. Even with letting GAWes and Amsah into the seeds that only pushes me down to 14th.

Secondly its not about highrollers being beaten, it's about the best players making it through. If youre not in the UK top 24 then you don't deserve to pass pools! harsh but if thats the case you need to practice somemore then. I mean if some non seed does beat a seed and does really well and makes an impression thats fair enough, but thats the deal with not being seeded, you have to go that little bit extra to prove yourself, but if youre good enough you will make it.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
mmmm..i get me some chrisboiking in my pool:lick:

pdotking

J03

Smash Master
i know ive made counter arguments in the psat but i honestly thought that the mafia would beef up there own member, its obvious that this is not the case and hopefully its the case here.

VA

Smash Hero
I'm in the top 24 but I'm not even considered lol. I'm not bothered that I'm not seeded, it just means more upset if I make it out of pools :)

Mr P

Smash Ace
i know ive made counter arguments in the psat but i honestly thought that the mafia would beef up there own member, its obvious that this is not the case and hopefully its the case here.
What do you mean beef up their own member, are you talking about us backing up Z ? He's quite capable of making his own point and he's done it quite well, he doesn't need me or anyone else numbers dont prove anything. But the actual point itself. And besides it's not like he ever backed me up in the rankings thread :laugh::laugh::laugh:

VA

Smash Hero
Thanks for the seeding btw, I wasn't bothered not being seeded becuase I'm not well known and haven't really shown myself being that good yet. Anyhow, it's justified, so ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom