• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

smakis

Smash Ace
can't wait for this, if I can't get these days off i'll be so depressed rofl

AmcD

Smash Ace
I'm liking DSR without bans but DSR should always be on I don't see why it shouldn't.
With the date changing I should be able to make this now

smakis

Smash Ace
i wrote something totally douchey and hilarious in my last post about that jolteon, but i edited it out =D (dont want yeniths warning me again </3)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Yeah, he's basically copying J3ly when J3ly honestly did think that it looked like a deformed vagina and remeber you said something along the lines of 'I don't want to know what's happening in your childhood' to him lol or something along them lines.

TO THIS DAY I have no idea how it looks like one.....for starters the key point is that it is a WHITE BACKGROUND....even white people have tone to them, and there is blatanly a handle.

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
loool Yeah, he's basically copying J3ly when J3ly honestly did think that it looked like a deformed vagina and remeber you said something along the lines of 'I don't want to know what's happening in your childhood' to him lol or something along them lines.

TO THIS DAY I have no idea how it looks like one.....for starters the key point is that it is a WHITE BACKGROUND....even white people have tone to them, and there is blatanly a handle.
See, I said it as a joke at first, but I can actually see where he's coming from...

Edit: Tamoo, Hugo it's time to do your bit.

http://www.electronicdojo.co.uk/showthread.php?375-Who-wants-a-tournament

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
i wrote something totally douchey and hilarious in my last post about that jolteon, but i edited it out =D (dont want yeniths warning me again </3)
Be a man, do it.

Im gonna vote now :)

*** YOU lol, this is like first time i've bailed a smashfest to take my girlfriend out for something to eat, show some understanding prick lol!!!
I'm a prick, I have no understanding. :026:

AmcD

Smash Ace
looks like this is a good date for everyone as long as Smakis can get his days off too :p

Alan wanna stay at mine the day before again? :) Joe too, Also AIKO COME DOWN TO THIS :O [/url]
Yeah that would be helpful :) I'll see what Joe and Aiko are doing for this.

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
I fail; I only just found this.

Prepare to back track...

Love you jack lol <3
Hey! That's my job! :p

Get a girl, take her to tournaments. Win-win situation.
Like you do. And I think you'll find it should be win-win-win; you get a girl, get to take her tor tournaments, and she has fun too! ^_^

20th Nov confirmed
You need to update the first post, by the way.

As for stages, I liked the rules we had for SNY. While I have no problems with additional stages, I felt that rule set kept it fair (nothing leaping out to cause damage, giving advantages to the other player). Other stages would be interesting, and would give me a lot more to learn...

Hopefully I will be on the long road to "getting good" for this. I know I have a long way to go. Jack told me to take up a spacey to help me get faster fingers.

So I picked Falco.

I've only really been at it for two days, and I am seeing improvements in my finger speed. Hopefully it will mean I can win at least one match in pools.

Fingers crossed.

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
^ XD
Sure, I can. PM me what you want asap. I'm gonna need to get organised, but it is no problem. :)

That goes for everyone, by the way. If you want some pokey, tell me, and I'll get it, as long as you pay me on the day.

VA

Smash Hero
lol yeah sorry, I'm being a douche.

Anyway good luck getting good. I met a girl who played falco at apex. She sucked hardcore. Don't be forgiving of yourself in learning tech skill. I figure this girl had been because she literally just did random attacks.

Have you watched the melee advanced how to play videos? they are always a good place to start, or at least that's where I started.

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
Lol, fair enough.

Thanks very much. I have seen those videos, so I think I need to make a list of the techs, and tick them off when I feel confident in them.

Currently working on my lasers with Falco, and fcing with Peach. I work on the premise (with Falco at least) that I have to do better than the previous practice for it to have been worth it. So far, its working, though I need to work out how to measure my progression with Peach...

VA

Smash Hero
FCs are sooo vital with peach.

I did the exact same thing with the advanced how to play vids. Work through everything until you've got them all down. However, I thought I was finished with tech there, the list goes on and on and on.

After you have all of them down it's about learning how they can be used. Out of shield game is incredibly important, although I'd leave that until you've really got the basics.

Having good basics is your key to being good. A lot of players tend to overcomplicate tech skill. Try to avoid this.

There aren't actually that many girls that do well at smash. Wouldn't it be interesting if there were another. There are three I can think of, and they all play Peach.

1) Milktea
2) Samochan
3) Emily

Emily beat Husband and was famously the best in Australia, I'm not sure if she still is though...I played Milktea at Apex and she was good too.

Mitsuki have you talked to Samochan at all? She's good as hell (I hear).

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Welll... as long as you keep on outplacing gm jack you know you're doing something right ;)
Haha, we can all do better if our opponent doesn't show up though. ;p

20th is harder for me to get to but I think I can make it.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Dude, falco is a ****ing long and hard road, everyone and their mother's dog knows how to gimp inexperienced falcos like a bitch. Peach is also as confusing as fuck, Sheik requires quite subtle spacing and good move decisions, and Fox and Falcon you really want a good tech skill base from which to start before you use them.

Just play Marth and learn how to gimp and utilt :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah that's actually good what you're doing, if you improve your tech + finger speed with falco it will undeniable bring your game up overall with everyone in the game, though yo do have to learn specifc things with peach mostly how to apply them correctly.

But yeah just continue you what you're doing, everything falls into place after a while.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
im feeling i gave up falco too early, but ill just keep practising falcon, then maybe pick falco back up......
anyone got some advice for playing falcon? (besides exploiting Nair to knee)

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
i just got a little frustrated when trying to get SHL down (which i still cant do) i ended up side-b off the stage...what good is a falco player that cant laser.....

gm jack

Smash Lord
Don't change characters

Man up and learn the tech-skill
Unless you learn a new character to learn tech skill. Only reason I picked up fox as as secondary was for tech skill, which has made my sheik much more reliable. Then play some falcon to learn to tech chase which has made my sheik pretty gay.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Playing Marth at a really high level is ****ing hard, I agree (props to all the top players in the UK), but using him to gay out all the spacie mains is not :D

gm jack

Smash Lord
im feeling i gave up falco too early, but ill just keep practising falcon, then maybe pick falco back up......
anyone got some advice for playing falcon? (besides exploiting Nair to knee)
Learn to read people. You have no safe approaches. Most of your tech chasing requires commitment rather than reaction (not all though, dthrow tech chasing fast fallers is quite easy). If you try to throw something out, chances are, it will be beaten out or otherwise punished.

Once you have decnt bread and butter tech skill, doing most of falcon's combos isn't too hard, as his moves all link so naturally together. But if you can't read your opponent/let yourself be predicted easily, you won't be able to get off the first hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom