• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I know this may be a controvertial idea and probably too experimental for a national but how about scrapping DSR? If all stages are deemed neutral enough to not sway matchups too much in one direction, and each player has a ban so they won't be playing on their worst stage anyway, having DSR off allows the picker of the stage to essentially pick the stage he won on during stage striking (the stage both players deemed the fairest stage for the matchup) unless the loser on that stage realises after that match that it was a bad stage and bans it.
Tam is a *** but his argument is sound; I think it could work.

dat is harsh, if i was to choose between goin so somewhere like malia or ayia napa and a european tourney i think id go to the one with the most girls... need i say more...
Where the even **** are any of those places :confused:

J03

Smash Master
hey ive not been around lately but thought id give my piece. Either date works for me BUT i dont know if im coming as im not playing smash much these days due to uni, fifa 11, football manager, ssf4 and super-sonic acrobatic rocket-powered battle cars

HOWEVER if AmcD goes ill be MUCH more likely to make it, as travelling in a pair is much better.

i know its kinda gay to only go if 'so and so' goes but thats where im at =/

Also i imagine Coey is on a similar train of thought.

So whats the date going to be?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Prof - This date NEEDS to be finalized as some people like members of OoC need to book a day off of work ASAP so can it be chosen which one it's going to be please.

So far it looks like things are leaning towards Dec 4th.

VA

Smash Hero
I can 100% make the 27th.

I'm not sure I can make the 4th, there is a chance but it's a risk for me if you put it on that date.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Fair enough aaron but what do you think of the idea as a whole? Do we really need DSR and if so why rather than just using it because it's tradition and change is scary.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
there's only 6 stages, and if you're gonna complain that much about FoD then lol

id rather not only have the limitation of 4 stages each set

Degree

Smash Apprentice
That weekend is probably my least busy weekend so there's a chance I can come down for it.

I should be able to bring my setup this time. Or rather, my controller is with my setup at home, so if I'm coming down I'll need to stop off at home and pick it all up en route.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fair enough aaron but what do you think of the idea as a whole? Do we really need DSR and if so why rather than just using it because it's tradition and change is scary.
I feel that no DSR is stupid.
I understand no stage bans but no DSR would mean sets would be like

Yoshi Story - PS - Dreamland64 - PS - Dreamland 64

Which would just be silly...
I think DSR should stay but I agree with no stage bans for this tournament.
Main word being 'THIS'

to be honest i do prefer your idea, but w/e lol
Why do you prefer no DSR lol :confused:

X1-12

Smash Champion
No bans means if you lose the first match you lose the set in Bo3, especially in match-ups like fox vs jiggs or spacies vs sheik

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No it doesn't :confused:.....

Stage never fully determines victory in practically any matchup with the neutral stage list.

Espesh not in Sheik vs Fox or Jiggz vs Fox lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I feel that no DSR is stupid.
I understand no stage bans but no DSR would mean sets would be like

Yoshi Story - PS - Dreamland64 - PS - Dreamland 64

Which would just be silly...
I think DSR should stay but I agree with no stage bans for this tournament.
Main word being 'THIS'

Why do you prefer no DSR lol :confused:
I'd just rather have back and forth sets than sets where certain chars are forced to play on FD etc.

Jolteon

Loads of people love that stage, those platforms are absolutely amazing when it comes to comboing and tech chasing.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I can't imagine being unable to ban FoD vs sheik :(
FoD is very far from an auto-win for sheik lol.

I'd just rather have back and forth sets than sets where certain chars are forced to play on FD etc.
That's just a gay set.
Basically after the first match their is a continuation of two stages lol...

Charles PLEASE leave DSR on and just do the no stage ban rule....otherwise an extremely gay, boring and predicatable tournament as soon as it hits Bo5 is gonna happen.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Good **** what kind of hacks will you have.

I actually asked Smakis to make me a fox with says Prof on the jacket and apparently it can be done lol....Obviously no-one can touch it.

Jolteon

I love it in lots of match-ups, but not vs sheik
You can get super easy dair combos on sheik on FoD.

FoD is very far from an auto-win for sheik lol.

That's just a gay set.
Basically after the first match their is a continuation of two stages lol...

Charles PLEASE leave DSR on and just do the no stage ban rule....otherwise an extremely gay, boring and predicatable tournament as soon as it hits Bo5 is gonna happen.
That's what he's doing.

Sure with no DSR it may be more dry but that's not really a good reason, either way it makes little difference.

loool Good **** what kind of hacks will you have.

I actually asked Smakis to make me a fox with says Prof on the jacket and apparently it can be done lol....Obviously no-one can touch it.
I'll take it just to be a prick. :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That's what he's doing.

Sure with no DSR it may be more dry but that's not really a good reason, either way it makes little difference.
DSR makes a BIG difference lol.
Not being able to pick a stage again which you are pretty sure you can win on makes a big difference.

And that wasn't my reason for saying that DSR shouldn't be allowed even though personally I think it would be boring.
Just the fact that you can continously pick a stage which you are likely to win on is silly...ESPESH without stage bans.

No stage banning is kinda gay though lol, I would have rathered extra stages which everyone was talking about before then no stage bans, but OH WELL!!!!
Not gonna complain too much cos it's just a smash tournament lol

Jolteon

DSR makes a BIG difference lol.
Not being able to pick a stage again which you are pretty sure you can win on makes a big difference.

And that wasn't my reason for saying that DSR shouldn't be allowed even though personally I think it would be boring.
Just the fact that you can continously pick a stage which you are likely to win on is silly...ESPESH without stage bans.

No stage banning is kinda gay though lol, I would have rathered extra stages which everyone was talking about before then no stage bans, but OH WELL!!!!
Not gonna complain too much cos it's just a smash tournament lol
Sure, but it does work both ways. Guess it does make winning the 1st game more important though.

And it'd either be no DSR or no stage bans, not both (I can understand how you feel in that case since it'd be 100% dumb lol).

Tamoo

Smash Master
I guess the way is see it is with having bans only, you get rid of the far ends of the spectrum of a matchup, leaving the four most neutral stages to pick from, which should make sets more tightly contested and should more often than with just DSR, have the better player coming out on top.

Basically this boils down to
With DSR: lots of stadium and dreamland
without DSR: lots of battlefield and FD

I prefer the latter :D

Either way, this would definitely be something that i'd like to try out when i do get round to hosting cos i doubt fuzzy will be inclined to change up but im happy he is doing something to make stage choosing more diverse regardless of the outcome cos it was definitely needed :)

VA

Smash Hero
I think DSR is a silly gay rule. Although with no bans I'd be ***** by PS, sort of means you have to win the first game.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol I would rather have more stages then gay No Bans or No DSR. I just personally think that taken them away is gayer then actually adding on gay stages lol

And No DSR in Bo7 would be EXTREMELY stupid Charles.

Battlefield - Yoshi Story - Dreamland64 - Yoshi Story - Dreamland 64 - Yoshi Story - Dreamland 64....

DSR is a legit rule lol....I don't understand why people don't like it and/or think it's dumb.

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol I would rather have more stages then gay No Bans or No DSR. I just personally think that taken them away is gayer then actually adding on gay stages lol

And No DSR in Bo7 would be EXTREMELY stupid Charles.

Battlefield - Yoshi Story - Dreamland64 - Yoshi Story - Dreamland 64 - Yoshi Story - Dreamland 64....

DSR is a legit rule lol....I don't understand why people don't like it and/or think it's dumb.
You do realise with no DSR, you would get a ban right? I would presume a falcon in that matchup would ban ys and a fox in that matchup would ban dreamland or am i wrong?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No a Falcon would ban FoD....get it right son....and a Fox would ban Dreamland.

And yeah I do know you would get one ban, and yeah it could technically work but I don't like the idea of the same stage being picked once you've won on it continously.

Thus me liking DSR.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I really like the ban without DSR idea. There may be one stage you're weak on but that's all you're allowed. Me and Charles played our sets in Brighton pretty much only on FD and YS cos we're cool.

Btw Hugo where are the sets of me and Charles? I want to see those more than Jolteon vs Beast, no offence Alex and Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom