• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Sorry been a little busy with fresher's week, completely forgot about vids. Will start uploading some more now :D

J03

Smash Master
I wish people would stop trying to majorly **** up the UK tourney format, seriously we defined the UK rule set over 5 years, dont come along and screw it up now, i wont let you

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Charles man.....you need to book a date soon like as in today or tommorow as people need to book time off of work for this and they need to do it soon as the period where work want staff to say cos of Christmas is coming up.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
DSR is good, it stops sets from being repetitious and tedious.
EXACTLY....I really thought I was the only one who agreed with this but it's good to see i'm not only sensible one here lol.

Imagine is DSR wasn't a rule every tournament.....I don't even think I would bother attending events cos it would be sooo boring.

I wish people would stop trying to majorly **** up the UK tourney format, seriously we defined the UK rule set over 5 years, dont come along and screw it up now, i wont let you
THIS!!!!!

Hugo - Dec is VERYYYYY close to Christmas....practically anyone who works won't come...reducing the attendance but a lot, the first dat was alright until Charles had to be gay and go to his little Neoempire faggy event and mess up things.

I guess I Vote Nov 20th.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Hugo - Dec is VERYYYYY close to Christmas....practically anyone who works won't come...reducing the attendance but a lot, the first dat was alright until Charles had to be gay and go to his little Neoempire faggy event and mess up things.
Surely even more of a reason to host a monthly in oct or nov?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I thought the whole point of a ruleset is to make the outcome of a set the most fair outcome, with the better player coming out on top, not to cater to the notion of entertainment, otherwise japes would have to be legal :)

joe: the tournament ruleset has been different at almost every tournament i have attended over the past two years, clearly something is wrong and needs to be changed because it's not working out. I'm glad fuzzy has to balls to do something about it for a national.

Also there's no evidence to say or suggest that sets would be tediously boring, as no DSR has never been applied and this is all theory. I for one think that having bans with no DSR opens us up to the possibility of more stages whereas no bans with DSR limits us to the usual 6 stages forever

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Surely even more of a reason to host a monthly in oct or nov?
lol Well I don't host these events, ask Fuzz about that.

I thought the whole point of a ruleset is to make the outcome of a set the most fair outcome, with the better player coming out on top, not to cater to the notion of entertainment, otherwise japes would have to be legal :)

joe: the tournament ruleset has been different at almost every tournament i have attended over the past two years, clearly something is wrong and needs to be changed because it's not working out. I'm glad fuzzy has to balls to do something about it for a national.

Also there's no evidence to say or suggest that sets would be tediously boring, as no DSR has never been applied and this is all theory. I for one think that having bans with no DSR opens us up to the possibility of more stages whereas no bans with DSR limits us to the usual 6 stages forever
DSR does cover the aspect of entertainment which is important for the community even though that's not the main reason it is there, but it is a reason nonetheless which should be taken into consideration as tournament are fun...BUT it also prevents from when you meet up with someone new and they play someone like Jiggs the first game then you ban Dreamland, and then they go Fox and forever pick YS for the rest of the set and other situations of those calibar

The Ruleset hasn't been different at ANYYYY tournament i've been to in the last 3 years :confused: It's always been Stage Bans + DSR....the only thing that varies is the stages which is allowed at that tournament.

Does it really need to be put to theory that no DSR wouldn't be boring....or is it just fuking obvious and your just trying to be technical with things, if two stages are played continously, the event becomes more predictable and less interesting.

And also if you're gonna use the arguement of 'I thought the whole point of a ruleset is to make the outcome of a set the most fair outcome, with the better player coming out on top, not to cater to the notion of entertainment' then by that DSR + No Bans should be allowed since that's technically the fairest.

But you personally don't like it and find it boring if i'm correct....what's that I see.....the notion of entertainment becoming a factor =O

smakis

Smash Ace
I asked my boss today to try and switch my shifts on 5-7 and 26-28th of november so I could go to va's smashfest and gt4 so...ya =D

anyhow I still think she hasn't talked to ones making the schedule, think she is meeting with them on monday. 19-21th of november is a 30 euro increase on the tickets but I don't care, it just gives me a perfect reason for taking the 17:00 flight instead of the 11:00. Also 21th of november is my 20th birthday, what better way to celebrate than playing smash <3

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Joe, charles isn't trying to screw up the stage format, he's trying to improve it and as far as people go charles is clearly one of the better people in our community to decide how to change the stage rules. Sure, sometimes he says funny things but that's why the rest of us are around in case he makes a super dumb decision. In this case anyway it's clear that one of those rules needs to go because the stage list is so tiny in the first place and it's very restrictive for Bo5/7.

and 5 years? who cares? the metagame is ever changing, time is irrelevant.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I was thinking of dave's stupid rule..

1st game - (you win)

2nd game - his counter pick (you lose)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is DSR

3rd game - you counterpick a diff stage (and win)

4th game - He counterpicks a diff stage (and wins again)

5th game - you can use the first stage you won on

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OR A POSSIBLE RULE I HAVE IN MIND
Rule: After 2 games you can still chose the stage you won on previously
or if you lose on your own counterpick DSR is reset? for BO5 or BO7 sets

3rd game - you counterpick (and lose)

4th game - you counterpick (now have the choice of using the same stage after losing twice?)

this may benefit the loser too much though

OR THERES NO DSR with stage bans

I would possibly like to see these stages in tournament again

Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar

Don't really want but I guess some people would want these

Pokefloats
Jungle Japes

As a personal choice my favourite stage in the game is:

Green Greens

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
DEFINITELY not Green Greens, I don't see how a stage with apples and bombs on is fair.

And if Mute City is on then Pokefloats and ESPESH Kongo Jungle undeniable has to be on.

BUT DEFINITELY NOT those stages and NO DSR.
Me and VA sets will basically be...

Battlefield - Mute City - Poke Floats - Mute City - Poke Floats

and in other situations it would be very silly....
Just put on those stages with DSR and one ban :confused:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol mute city is playable apart from the cars =P pokefloats is complete bull**** if you're a faster character

I know we'll never play green greens :(

id we were to have more stages then I'd definitely have 1/2 stage bans and DSR probably :/ or the rule I'd like to try ;)

Kongo Jungle is just about as neutral as Yoshi Story apart from the bad edges, they are both non changing stages and they have one tool for saving your life/****ing you over

Jolteon

I do like Green Greens but it's like Japes... it should never be on again lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol mute city is playable apart from the cars =P pokefloats is complete bull**** if you're a faster character

I know we'll never play green greens :(

id we were to have more stages then I'd definitely have 1/2 stage bans and DSR probably :/ or the rule I'd like to try ;)

Kongo Jungle is just about as neutral as Yoshi Story apart from the bad edges, they are both non changing stages and they have one tool for saving your life/****ing you over
Armada beat Lunin on PokeFloats.....there's not always a point where you can run an get away with it....Mute City is just as much of a gay stage...it messes up people who struggle to recover and in some situation you practically will never get back without getting edgeguarded....

So I don't think one should be put in without the other...otherwise that's just assisting some type of characters more then others in the tournament.

And Jungle Japes is silly when talking about tournament viable stages.

Jolteon

My personal opinion:

PS/FoD
KJ64
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar

OR

PS/FoD
KJ64
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Mute
Corneria

^2 bans

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
Japes is awesome, but it's far too advantageous for certain characters in various match ups.

Smash at mine tomorrow confirmed for all those involved. I have to go to the Job Centre at 1:40 so you guys can come early and keep me company during the waiting period, Alex. (hint) (hint)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Corneria, Mute City, Rainbow Ride......and not Poke Floats.....I don't get it lol.

How is PokeFloats gayer or less viable then...You can do the same thing you can do to people on Rainbow Ride as you can on Poke Floats in terms of fast characters and slow character.

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
How is PokeFloats gayer or less viable then...You can do the same thing you can do to people on Rainbow Ride as you can on Poke Floats in terms of fast characters and slow character.
That's a lie, and you know it. Though I see where you're coming from, it's not nearly to the same extent.

Jolteon

My mistake, I actually meant to put floats on the 2nd list, but I don't think Rainbow Ride is on the same level as floats even though they are typically CPed for similar reasons.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That's a lie, and you know it. Though I see where you're coming from, it's not nearly to the same extent.
How isit a lie:confused:....I could camp hard on Rainbow Ride like I could on Poke Floats.
In some parts of the stage you can even camp harder on Rainbow Ride...due to their actually being my platforms and room to run around on that stage

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
How isit a lie:confused:....I could camp hard on Rainbow Ride like I could on Poke Floats.
In some parts of the stage you can even camp harder on Rainbow Ride...due to their actually being my platforms and room to run around on that stage
Well, I suppose my main point would be that Rainbow Ride has platform which you can jump through but not fall through. In comparison, Poke Float has large, solid objects which you can perch on top of, and literally be carried across the stage.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool That's true, but both stages have meeting points where you are forced to be on the same level as your opponent, so even though you can camp and it's gay, it's very far from impossible to win, it's just gay but JUST as gay as the rest of the stages in other matchups for other characters...thus making it a viable stage.

Anyway it's likely to get banned when you play against someone and their good on it but i'm just saying it should be among the other gay stages.

Jolteon

The main allure of those stages is the fact that a positional advantage on that stage makes a big difference (just being 'ahead' of them stage wise forces an approach since otherwise the stage will kill them), so obviously it compliments fast chars the most. Still, forcing an approach is definitely not impossible to deal with, it's very possible to win and with 2 bans there's no excuse to not have them on.

Jolteon

rofl me and Tamoo were counterpicking each other on Pokemon stadium 2 mini games xD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol About tommorow.....I POTENTIALLY might not be able to make it....might be going out to eat with my Girlfriend, I will tell you if something different comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom