• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
But kmac, you came 4th at last EM fest =P

I feel i should stand up for kyle here, there's been times when i've not been able to see on even reasonaby sized tvs because of kyles unfortunate sight problems (it's worse in teams). It would seriously benefit to help him out here

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yeah but Kmac was playing on my big 42inch TV mostly. All of the TVs at London were pretty small, and 2 of the TVs were laggy as **** as well. Step up London!

Crab.Man

Smash Cadet
I Will be coming to this

Tamoo - Am i right in saying that you were meant to be housing X1-12 or did i dream that? Fancy housing me instead haha

Also since X1-12 isn't going, does anyone want to team?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Willz have you been practicing melée and will you be entering melée at this? If you've been focusing on melée I will still want to team of course but if not I'd really like to take crab man up on his offer.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Of course I am entering Melee at this. I was just annoyed at how well I did on Saturday which made me say dumb **** like 'I quit Melee'. I got myself back together on the Sunday so I'm ready to **** at this!

Crab.Man

Smash Cadet
Yeniths that would be great, but if you are teaming with willz then that's fair enough,

Let me know if he does decide to 'Quit Melee' again before then lol

Crab.Man

Smash Cadet
Thanks alot Tamoo, i really look forward to packing in the friendlies with you

PM me with your address and the plan closer to the time i guess

much appreciated

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Of course I am entering Melee at this. I was just annoyed at how well I did on Saturday which made me say dumb **** like 'I quit Melee'. I got myself back together on the Sunday so I'm ready to **** at this!
You don't even deserve to play melee if you make statements like that.
NO matter your circumstance.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You don't even deserve to play melee if you make statements like that.
NO matter your circumstance.
What is Melee, some ****ing sacrilege?

He can do whatever he wants, I mean that's how England is anyway. If we're all up for shanking people and throwing bricks at police, someone should be allowed to change his mind on Melee.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Who said I exclusively played Brawl?

You?

Good one.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
halo?

btw I need housing for this if it's being done over 2 days. Who can house me? I think I can say I speak for my crewmates as well (dacacia and PN)

Tamoo

Smash Master
nope, no registration necessary

Ben: which nights dyou need housing for?
And yeah calum def has a house in surbiton, dunno if he's housing anyone or not though

takoyaki

Smash Cadet
There is NOOOO friendlies while the tournament is at the pools stage and beginning and middle bracket stages.
Unless there are TV's which are set for friendlies.

And you don't need to worry about not getting in friendlies, this event is long and there is time for it while still having loads of fun. You just can't do it while the tournament is running and we need TV's to complete the main event.....WHICH IS THE TOURNAMENT LOL!!!!

Surely that's not too much to ask?

And if you are caught taking TV's which have not been set for friendlies then one warning will take place. Another and you're out the tournament.

X1-12 - Why ain't you coming?
yeah thats reasonable enough...giggidy

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah I guess my statement was pretty misleading, he lives there but he doesn't actually own it.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
My Wii ****ing sucks for tourney setups lol so

CAN I USE MY WII AS A BRAWL (or melee) FRIENDLIES SETUP?

I spent about 90% of the last monthly stood around watching people play because I only played like 4 pools matches and then had to wait until 9pm to play any **** friendlies. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate a dedicated friendlies setup.

and no, this won't require "a big TV for brawl". I need that for ACTUAL matches >_>

Aiko

Smash Champion
i think provided there are enough tvs to make pools and brackets run smoothly then theres no problem with a friendlies station.

Unfortunately the bigger problem is that there will be brawl and melee running at the same time so that effectively cuts any spare tvs availble for friendlies, at least until pools is done.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There should be 10 TV's per game.

Which means POTENTIALLY two and maybe three TV's for each game can be reduced to friendlies and as the bracket progressed then more TV's will be allowed.

I personally think that when we are starting the tournament we should state what TV's are for friendlies and what are not and if you are caught playing on a TV which has not been appointed to friendlies regardless of there being anyone on there at the time then a warning will be set.

THAT'S HOW THINGS SHOULD BE DONE TO STOP THE FRIENDLIES

K.Mac

Smash Lord
But K.Mac surely they will need the TV for Tournament match's.
I was presuming setting it up after pools, when less TVs would be required.

AGAIN, I REQUEST CONFIRMATION THAT ONE LARGE TV BE USED AS A BRAWL SETUP BECAUSE OF MY EYESIGHT.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
What the hell with Callum having his own house and no-one saying anything about it.

He should def be housing a high amount of the UK community.
I'm willing to take like 2 people back to my house, probably duncan and ben. Its my actual familly home, not a uni house, so im not taking 10 people back like at PH2

gm jack

Smash Lord
I Will be coming to this

Tamoo - Am i right in saying that you were meant to be housing X1-12 or did i dream that? Fancy housing me instead haha

Also since X1-12 isn't going, does anyone want to team?
If I end up going (lambing dependent), I'm up for it. You saw I'm pretty bad, but I might pull out the puff for doubles.

Pissing people off>winning :)

On another note, if I do end up coming, would anyone be prepared to house me? I know a lot of you don't know me well/at all (the tall, long haired brawler who converted to melee who showed up over the summer) but I'd appreciate it if I could have a couple of maybes to work with.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I was presuming setting it up after pools, when less TVs would be required.

AGAIN, I REQUEST CONFIRMATION THAT ONE LARGE TV BE USED AS A BRAWL SETUP BECAUSE OF MY EYESIGHT.
Im pretty sure thats reasonable. Are you entering melee too? Its only fair that you get priority on the big tvs if you need it so much.

btw, dont you have glasses or other corrective eyewear?

Friendly setups would probably get set up after the first 2 rounds of brackets, thats when it cuts down quickly since half the entrants will be out by then.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, i suppose thats what happens when you paly too often, or generally sit too close. yes we need a bigger tv for brawl, it was a little crap havnig to watch the most hyped match (including melee) on a tiny tv jsut sucked. they don't cost much to get a tv of about 30" these days, now everyone buys 50" plasma stuff.
i'll be bringing my wii, ill possibly get my friend to bring his Tv. so that's one setup for brawl.
regardless, the case with friendlies should be, do freindlies while fuzzy is sorting stuff out, then do tournament games untill the rest arent needed, the problem we had was the lack of brawl setups, and then that two got removed for some reason.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
haha, i suppose thats what happens when you paly too often, or generally sit too close.
No, it's not because I play too often, but because I was born with it. :/ wiki Nystagmus, and then try to imagine doing everything with ridiculously blurred vision (including spacing on brawl)

you'll see why I can't concentrate and play well on small TVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom