• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So who can I go to to gift Premium(since Virgiligus is no longer an admin)? Given it's a monetary thing, AlphaZealot seems to be the logical answer but is there someone else?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Have you tried changing the email address of your current account?
I'm not sure if temporary email addresses (things like 10minutemail) are permitted, but that's one possible solution if they do.
Remember that you can't go back to your old account if you register a new one, as you're only allowed to maintain one account at any time.

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
Have you tried changing the email address of your current account?
I'm not sure if temporary email addresses (things like 10minutemail) are permitted, but that's one possible solution if they do.
Remember that you can't go back to your old account if you register a new one, as you're only allowed to maintain one account at any time.
It worked. Thanks for the assistance.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
How do you put up an image? Sorry that I don't know how to do something that most ppl know i'm still relatively new.

Last edited:

GBomber465

Smash Rookie
How do I upload an image file from my computer to SmashBoards? This "Upload a File" button on this thread isn't on the thread I want to post.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Is there anyway to upload a file in the signature page? A gif I have apparently does not allow hot linking...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Is there anyway to upload a file in the signature page? A gif I have apparently does not allow hot linking...
Save it and then upload it to an image host. Imgur is a common one.

GBomber465

Smash Rookie
How do I deactivate my signature? (it may be deactivated now, but whenever I try to post on a thread, the signature is there)

Last edited:

Zeekfox

Smash Cadet
I've got a question. How do I make the forums stop jumping down after it loads? Every time I click to a new page, the screen loads, then like 2-3 seconds will shift downwards, often making me click the wrong thing when I'm trying to navigate to, say, the character-specific forum I want to visit. Is there a way to make the pages stop doing that?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've got a question. How do I make the forums stop jumping down after it loads? Every time I click to a new page, the screen loads, then like 2-3 seconds will shift downwards, often making me click the wrong thing when I'm trying to navigate to, say, the character-specific forum I want to visit. Is there a way to make the pages stop doing that?
Get a faster connection.

Seriously though, this is usually caused by images loading slowly, and when they eventually load, they move the text content around (usually downwards) to make room. Only way to fix that is to get a faster internet connection, so the content loads faster (that, or the site's just being slow, in which case you can't do much).

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If it applies, can any staff relative to site design explain any sort of "approval process" for how user-requested changes are considered and/or how new (sub)boards are approved?

Kneelander

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to access regional forums?
I'm new to the Orlando, FL area and want to find out how to get connected to the local scene such as where and when locals are. What is the best way to use Smashboards to connect to smashers near me?

Jerr Leon

Smash Rookie
NNID
jerrleon
Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm looking to host a tournament. However, it's not going to be on this site (it will be exclusively over challonge.com). If I am even allowed to, where would I post the thread talking about it?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm looking to host a tournament. However, it's not going to be on this site (it will be exclusively over challonge.com). If I am even allowed to, where would I post the thread talking about it?
For an offline tournament, you can post it here, or for an online tournament, go here. You can also mention it in your local regional zone board, if it's an offline tournament.

How do you embeed videos from YouTube?
Code:
[media=youtube]<video id>[/media]
The video ID is the 11 characters after the "watch?v=" in the URL;
for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcDpKihUWTY the ID is bcDpKihUWTY, so the code for it would be:
Code:
[media=youtube]bcDpKihUWTY[/media]
which produces:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Last edited:

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! Bit of a newbish question, but say I wanted to post a general Smash Bros.-related thread, but it wasn't about any game in particular. What part of the forum would I post that? The "Light House" section perhaps?

Jeremy Wald

Smash Rookie
Hi, my name is Jeremy Wald and in a attempt to get back to my gaming roots I want to play in the melee tournaments. Only problem is where do I go to get practice

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hi, my name is Jeremy Wald and in a attempt to get back to my gaming roots I want to play in the melee tournaments. Only problem is where do I go to get practice
Welcome to the boards. You originally posted this in the wrong thread, so I've moved it to a more appropriate location.
You can search for Melee tournaments under Tournament Listings, or check out your Regional Zone to see what's happening locally.

Since you're new, why not make your own introductory thread here, and try your luck in our Premium raffle?

Jeremy Wald

Smash Rookie
He he thx , I'm brand new to this and not sure how to go about it
Welcome to the boards. You originally posted this in the wrong thread, so I've moved it to a more appropriate location.
You can search for Melee tournaments under Tournament Listings, or check out your Regional Zone to see what's happening locally.

Since you're new, why not make your own introductory thread here, and try your luck in our Premium raffle?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Would it be ok if I made a thread in the Smash 4 online section that talked about specific bad people on For Glory (like spammers and people who say things like "U SUCK")?
Ex: "I met a guy online named 'Jeff' who did nothing but roll and taunt. When the match ended he changed his name to 'WOW UR BAD' and left".

Top Bottom